Kings

Tales of the Red Lion

"Yah, Yoochun!" Jaejoong shouted.

The guy doubled over, gasping for breath. While he was vulnerable, I kicked him again, and he smashed into the alley wall.

"Who the are you, lady?" One of the DBSK members shouted.

I took a deep breath and prepared myself. I held up my fists. "I'm someone you might have heard of."

Then I disappeared.

I reappeared again behind some other guy, throwing my entire weight against his back. He clattered to the ground.

"Changmin!"

Changmin struggled back up to his feet, spitting blood from his mouth. "You........seem familiar."

A tall guy I think Jaejoong called Yunho before appeared behind me and swung out at me. I ducked to the ground, hooked my foot around his ankle, and swung my leg in a huge arc. He toppled to the ground.

"Dammit! Junsu, who IS this girl?" Jaejoong swore as he circled me. I stayed perfectly still.

"Could it be..........?" Junsu gasped, his eyes wide with recognition.

I fell to the ground on the palms of my hands and the tips of my toes, then pushed up as though I were doing a handstand. Except my handstand connected with Junsu's chin.

"Holy !" Jaejoong whispered in both anger, fear.............and admiration?

"Jaejoong hyung! Wait!" Changmin gasped, dashing up to his feet. "I know this girl! Remember the rumours? It's the Red Lion! The Red Lion has come to Seoul!"

I grimaced. "You really shouldn't have said that, buddy."

Then I charged.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I grabbed my bike and pedaled out of Downtown Seoul as fast as I could. I kept on thinking DBSK was coming after me, but obviously they weren't, considering I knocked them all senseless.

Great. Now another fancy-shmancy gang knew my secret identity.

And.

It.

Was.

All.

Beast's.

Fault.

Why did I care so much if they got hurt? I mean, sure.........they were the first guys to ever talk to me. Like, actually talk to me instead of picking a fight. And one actually tried to kiss me (reasons are kind of weird, but hey, it's a nice thought that at least SOMEBODY thinks of me as a girl. And he called me cute).

I went to the park and laid down on a bench. It was nice to just stare up at the sky, the sun hiding behind a bunch of tree leaves so it didn't burn my face off.

I closed my eyes and sort of dozed off a bit.

Next thing I knew, I heard someone gabbling quickly on a cell phone. "Yeah, I found her. She's fine. No, I didn't! I swear! Okay, yeah, I'm staying here. Don't worry. Later."

Then I felt a cool hand on my forehead. "Yah. You okay?"

I opened my eyes and nearly had a heart attack.

"Hyunseung!"

Hyunseung leaned back. "When you disappeared during lunch, the others grew frantic. They're searching everywhere for you."

"No worries. I just took a ride to downtown........" I mumbled, sitting up.

Hyunseung gave me a hard look. "Was there............trouble?"

"Ummmmmmm........." I looked away.

"Ringo, look at me. Was there trouble?"

"Noooooooo........"

"Was it DBSK?"

His guess was right on the mark. I choked and nearly swallowed my tongue. "Jeezus christ!"

"Dammit, Ringo. What were you thinking?" Hyunseung sighed, shaking his head.

"It wasn't my fault!" I protested. "They had me surrounded. I could have either fought them or told them who I was and what school I went to. Then they would know it's you guys, and the whole thing will spiral down from there. I know how these things work out! I was a gangster too, remember?"

Hyunseung smirked. "So you did that to protect us, huh?"

I felt myself blush. "It's not like that!"

"Oh, relaly?" He obviously didn't believe me.

"Ringo!" I turned around and saw Beast running over. Their faces looked relieved. "Thank god you're okay!" Kikwang gasped. "When we couldn't find you, we thought Junhyung did something to you again........"

"Hey!" Junhyung protested, blushing.

"I just went for a ride downtown, that's all." I said, feeling kind of happy that they worried so much about me.

"That's not all she did." Hyunseung reminded me. He revealed the whole story to Beast.

"YOU WHAT??!" Doojoon shouted. "Now DBSK knows Ringo's identity! Crap!"

"Who ARE DBSK anyway?" I asked them

."They're known as the kings of Upper Seoul." Yoseob told me. "Gangs have divided themselves into Upper, Middle, and Lower Seoul, depending on where they live. DBSK dominates Upper Seoul. They are hard-partying, crazy rich bastards who love to crack skulls. You should have just told them where you went to school and left."

"But then they would have come for you guys!" I protested.

Dongwoon smirked. "The thought is nice, Ringo, but we don't need even the great Red Lion's protection."

"Yeah." Junhyung nodded. "We can take care of ourselves."

"Impossible!" I insisted. "You just told me DBSK are the kings of Upper Seoul! There's no way you guys can beat them......."

"Of course we can." Kikwang said calmly. Beast started to walk away.

"Wait! How?" I yelled after them.

Hyunseung turned around and smirked. "Because WE are the kings of Middle Seoul."