On The Move

Tales of the Red Lion

OH MY ING GOD. OVER 10 000 VIEWS AND ALMOST 10 AWAY FROM 300 SUBSCRIBERS. I ING LOVE YOU GUYS. This is my most popular fanfic yet, I'm so happy :) Thank you to everyone who takes the time to subscribe and comment on this fanfic, it's people like you who make me even bother writing this anyway LOL

It's kinda sad how I plan on ending this fic. Don't worry, not soon. But........oh man, I have the most evil idea ever. You guys are gonna hate me, I'm telling you. You will legit want to murder me after I write it up >:D

But don't worry, it's not this chappie. So stay calm. AND WAIT. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

****************************************************************************

I walked back home feeling dead, like a zombie.

I couldn't believe it. Beast was right. There WERE s in the world who were totally okay with hurting the people around me just to get me to join a gang.

Gritting my teeth, I felt the anger boil over, replacing my horror and fear with my usual badassness.

God dammit, I'll show those bastards! I'll prove to them that they can't mess with me this way. If they hurt anybody, I will ing kill them.

When I came back home, it was already dark and my parents were asleep. Figures. They're such sloths.

When I walked up the stairs, though, I saw Baejun sitting sleepily on the top step, this time in cute little Pikachu pyjamas, clutching Leone the Lion and rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Baejun, what the hell are you doing? Go back to sleep!" I ordered him.

"I was wa-waiting for n-noona," He yawned, rubbing his eyes with his fists.

I couldn't help but soften up at his words. "Yeah, yeah. You're too cute for your own good. Now go back to bed right now, you brat! You have school tomorrow!"

Baejun nodded, but didn't move. I sighed and picked him up.

"You're too light, Baejun. See, even a girl like me can pick you up."

"I'm seven," he mumbled as an explanation.

"True." I softly put him back to bed and tucked him in, before kissing him and Leone goodnight. "Go to sleep, Baejun, okay?"

"Noona?" He asked just before I was about to leave.

"What?"

"You're not doing anything dangerous again, are you?"

I froze, then turned back. Baejun was sleepy, yet his eyes glinted in the half-light as he stared at me. When was he so observant? He's seven, for god's sakes.

"......I'm not, Baejun. Everything is fine. Go to sleep now, okay?" I said, trying to keep my voice from shaking. I closed the door and went to my room.

What the hell was I doing?

**********************************************************

"Ringo! Darling, wake up!" Mom called.

I groaned and covered my face with my blanket. I didn't want to wake up. I was dead tired, and I couldn't fall asleep until past two in the morning. I surely looked like a panda by now (god I'm such an Exotic. When I think "Panda" I think "Tao" XP)

I heard a barely audible sigh, then mom's voice saying, "She won't wake up. Can you go wake her for me, boys?"

What the hell was she talking about? I grumbled groggily in my sleep and turned over. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, then my bedroom door opening.

"RINGO-AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!" I felt someone jump onto my bed and tackle me.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!" I wriggled and squirmed under my attacker's grip and opened my eyes. "WHAT THE FU ----- YOSEOB!!!!!!!!!!"

"Wake up, Ringo-ah!" Yoseob sang. I struggled harder. "Get off of me, you jackass!"

Hyunseung walked up and pulled Yoseob back by the collar. He turned to me. "Are you alright?"

I felt my face blushing. "Y-yeah, I'm fine. But why are you guys......"

"You wouldn't wake up, and we wanted to walk to school with you," He explained quietly. "Your umma gave us permission."

"UMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. I heard laughter from downstairs. Is she ing crazy?

"Wow, so this is what your bedroom looks like." Doojoon and Dongwoon walked around, looking at everything in interest. Junhyung leaned against the wall, flipping through some of my books. He grimaced. "Are these romance novels?"

"Put those back!" I demanded, turning red.

Kikwang walked slowly around, looking at everything. With a sly smirk, he reached over to pull out a drawer.

I shrieked and flung my pillow at him. It landed square against the side of his face. "What the heck, Ringo-ah!"

"Don't look in there!" I yelled, my face bright red. Kikwang's evil smirk appeared once again.

"Ooohhhh, I bet that's your underwear drawer, huh?"

"What? No way!" In a flash, the rest of Beast -- minus one extremely amused Hyunseung -- dashed towards my drawers. "Lemme see!"

I threw more pillows at them. "If any of you go near that piece of furniture, my alarm clock will be thrown next!" I threatened.

"Ugh, you're no fun, Ringo-ah," Kikwang complained.

"And you're a ing ert! Now get out so I can change -- DON'T SAY ANYTHING," I added warningly when Kikwang opened his mouth, probably with another sly comment.

Beast shuffled out. Hyunseung was the last to go. Suddenly, he stopped and turned around to stare intently at me.

"W-what?" My voice came out as a high-pitched squeak, and I turned even redder. Oh my god, I'm such an idiot.

Hyunseung was silent for a few moments, although his lips twitched upward when he heard my squeak. Finally he said, "Good morning", before walking out and shutting the door behind him.

I slapped at my cheeks lightly to try and get the colour out of them. Darn it, these stupid feelings! Squash them down! Squash them!

********************************************

I walked downstairs grumpily to see a happy Baejun swinging his legs and chattering with Beast. Doojoon seemed perfectly comfortable with talking to him. They were arguing about sports when I appeared. Who knew the leader of a gang was so good with kids?

"Did you have a nice wake-up call, darling?" Mom asked.

"What kind of mother are you?" I exploded. "Don't just randomly send boys into my bedroom! One of them is a nasty ert!" You glared pointedly at Kikwang, who winked at you.

"Have some breakfast before you go, dear." Mom handed me a bagel, and I sullenly sat down next to Hyunseung and Junhyung.

"Noona, hyungs said they will take me to Lotte World sometime!" Baejun said excitedly. "Can we go? Can we? Can we?"

"Sure, you guys go ahead." I said, spreading cream cheese on my bagel and taking a huge bite out of it.

"Obviously, you're coming with us," Junhyung snorted. I choked.

"Why?" I demanded.

"So you're just leaving your own dongsaeng with us?" Dongwoon teased. "What kind of noona are you?"

I scowled at them, but I felt kind of happy myself. I always wanted to go to Lotte World.

Then I remembered SHINee and last night and I didn't feel very hungry anymore, nor as happy. I swallowed the last of my bagel and stood up. "I'm going to school now. Bye, umma. Later, Baejun."

"Honey, aren't you going to wait for the boys to finish?" Mom asked incredulously. I ignored her and ran out the door.

********************************

"Yah, Ringo-ah!" Yoseob shouted, jumping to his feet. Beast stood up and, after wishing Mrs. Saja a good day, ran out the door.

"But your breakfast....." Mrs. Saja started to say uncertainly.

"Don't worry about it, Auntie," Hyunseung said smoothly. "We were just finished, anyways."

"Alright then." She beamed at him. "You're such a sweetheart, Hyunseung. Maybe you should marry my daughter, I'd love to have a son-in-law like you!"

Hyunseung paused, and a soft smile appeared on his face. "I'd like to have a mother-in-law like you as well, Auntie."

Then he left.

*******************************************************

They caught up with me easily enough. When Doojoon asked me what was going on though, I lied and said nothing.

"I just want to go to school," I said calmly. "I miss my friends."

"Yah, we're your friends!" Dongwoon said, sounding hurt.

"I mean my OTHER friends. You know, Gaesuh-ah, Heemin-ah, and Jinae-ah."

"Those three airheads? Why do you even hang out wtih them?" Junhyung snorted. I glared at him. "Yah, they may be airheads, but they are really nice people! Besides, I need some normal friends."

"We're normal," Kikwang protested.

"I meant NON-GANGSTER friends, then. Happy?"

We reached the school, and I quickly found my friends. Then I knew something was wrong.

Jinae looked distraught and tearful. Gaesuh and Heemin were by her side, comforting her.

Ignoring Beast, I ran towards them. "What happened? Jinae-ah, what's wrong? Are you hurt? Did someone do something to you?" I panicked. I couldn't stand seeing them look so upset.

"It was horrible, Ringo-ah," Gaesuh whispered in a solemn tone, her face pale and worried. "Jinae-ah and her unnie were out walking their dog last night when someone attacked them."

"What?" I whispered in horror. I immediately knew in my gut who was behind this.

Gaesuh continued talking, placing a comforting arm around Jinae. "She and her unnie managed to escape with only a few scratches, but their dog Mugsy.......oh, god, it was horrible." Gaesuh's own eyes filled with tears at the thought, and Jinae gave a small sob.

Heemin continued, her voice shaking. "T-they lost Mugsy in all the confusion, and they hid in their home for an hour or so. When they came back, Mugsy was there where it all happened and she.....and she......"

"What? What happened to Mugsy?" I demanded, my stomach churning. I went to Jinae's house lots of times. Mugsy was an adorable Shi Tzu puppy who's tail always wagged and always tried to my face whenever I petted her.

"That person.....that MONSTER.....killed her," Gaesuh wailed. "C-cut her up, with a knife or s-s-something........little pieces......s-stuff everywhere.........oh god, it was horrible.........."

"We were there, we saw it with her," Heemin shuddered. I nodded in understanding. The three girls were practically neighbours. "Oh god, it was disgusting. I thought roadkill was gross, but that......."

Jinae burst into tears, and we all hugged and comforted her.

I couldn't believe it. They really did it. It was just luck that Jinae made it out alive with her sister. But to kill the dog, when cute little Mugsy had nothing to do with it...........

I thought I was going to throw up.

Beast ran over. "Ringo-ah, what's wrong?" Doojoon turned to the hysterical girls. "What happened?"

I explained it to him in a hurried undertone. Yoseob turned pale and he started to sweat. "What.....how could they......" He looked absolutely disgusted. He grabbed Jinae by the shoulders so she looked up at him. "Y-Yoseob-sshi......"

"Did you see the attacker's face?" Yoseob demanded firmly. "The clothes? The weapon? Anything that you could use to identify him?"

"Y-y-yes........" Jinae stammered, the shock of having Beast's Yoseob talking directly to her was so surprising she actually stopped crying. "H-he had on a.........a black leather jacket -- studs on them -- and I think there was some sort of white shirt or T-shirt underneath. A-and the jeans were skinny and ripped.......I think they were black, o-or dark blue, I couldn't tell. I didn't see his face, b-but he was pretty t-tall and he wore a b-baseball cap."

"What kind of cap?" I asked sharply. Jinae blinked and tried to remember. 'U-um.......a w-white one, I t-think. With NY on the front. A-and a skull. A-and the weapon.......it must have been a knife, because Mugsy was all.......all......." Her eyes filled up with tears again.

"Don't worry, Jinae-ah," Yoseob said furiously. "We'll find that bastard! We'll deal with him!"

Gaesuh and Heemin led Jinae to the bathroom to wash up. I was pale and I felt sick.

She was describing Minho. Those were the clothes he wore at the club last night. The studded jacket and ripped skinny jeans......the white cap........it was him. He did it to Mugsy.

Yoseob was breathing hard, clenching and unclenching his hands into fists.

"Yoseob hyung really likes animals," Dongwoon explained to me in a hushed whisper. "Especially dogs. He must be furious right now."

I nodded, not trusting myself to speak in case I really did throw up.

"Are you okay?" Hyunseung asked me softly. "You look pale."

I shook my head. "Fine," I muttered, my heart racing. Should I tell them? Should I let them know who it is?

But then I'd have to explain SHINee, and then they would know how stupid I was. And for some reason, the thought of them being disappointed in me made me want to cry.

"Ringo......" Hyunseung said slowly, staring intently at my face. "Do you know anything? About what happened?"

They turned to stare at me.

I slowly shook my head. "No......" I whispered. "Nothing."

They nodded and began to dicuss things seriously, either the war with Teen Top or the animal abuse. Hyunseung stared at me a little longer before turning back to them as well.

"It's beginning," I whispered, wrapping my arms tightly around myself. Suddenly, I felt very small and vulnerable. I stared up at the sky, which was dark and cloudy, signalling rain. The wind blew at my face threateningly.

SHINee was on the move.

**********************************************************

Ugh, to kill a cute puppy..........such jerks!!! >:0

Oh, you think THIS is the horrors I was talking about? You wish. I have something planned for y'all that is so horrible, you will cry. And trust me, to anyone who ever read my angst-ridden fanfic Find My Voice, I sure know how to make my readers cry.