My Happiness...........or Beast?

Tales of the Red Lion

Downtown Seoul was busy and crazy, bustling with people and cars. I actually had to get off my bike and walk it around so I wouldn't accidentally run into any pedestrian by mistake.

It was actually kinda nice, living in such a big city. I could walk around all I want without having my guard up, without having to constantly be on alert in case some idiot decided to try and catch me off guard and attack me. It was nice being........normal.

Well, normal enough. I got plenty of whispers about my hair. I really should dye it, but my parents would have a fit. They think my red hair is a "gift" of sorts.

As I was walking, I ended up coming across a huge gate. Like, it was HUGE. And beyond that gate was this big, big building. It was so fancy I thought it was a mansion or something. Although it made no sense why a mansion was in the middle of downtown Seoul. There was even a large fountain in the middle. It was really pretty.

Then, suddenly, loud and clear, a bell rang.

Minutes later, students rushed out.

of all that's holy! IT WAS A SCHOOL!!!!

But a school that had a fountain.

I jumped out of the way as the gates opened up and students began pouring out like a waterfall. They all wore fancy-shmancy uniforms, with burgundy red ties, white shirts, red blazers, red skirts/pants, and shiny black shoes. They all looked rich, snobby, and fancy.

A rich kid school.

As usual, they whispered and pointed as they filed past me. I just patiently waited for the crowd to thin out so I could move on.

At the last second, I heard a girl squeal. The sound pierced my brain, because it was the same kind of sqeal girls used on Beast.

"It's them! They came out!"

Most of the girls who heard this immediately ran back into the school grounds. Curious, I waited for whoever they were talking about to leave.

Finally, the crowd of girls seemed to be growing louder. I watched as they crowded around a group of five guys as they left the school.

Five incredibly hot guys.

They could give Beast a run for their money.

One of them noticed me. "Hey, sweetheart!" He called out past the gabbling girls. "Nice hair!" He smirked, as though my hair really wasn't so nice. My face turned the same shade.

My irrational, gangster instincts took over. " off!"

There was a long silence as everyone stared at me in shock. Aw, . I got my in trouble with ANOTHER group of fangirls. Again.

"Excuse me?" One of the girls finally said, narrowing her eyes at me and wrinkling her nose in disdain. "WHAT did you just say to Jaejoong-sshi?"

"I said nothing." I muttered sullenly. I totally was NOT in the mood for this now. I just almost got kiss-! By a hot guy! Who's a gangster! Leave me alone already!

"You ! How dare you call him that!" Another girl squealed. This made the entire crowd start verbally abusing me in public.

"!"

"!"

"Loser!"

"Country hick!"

"Go crawl into a hole where you belong!"

I rolled my eyes. It didn't really bother me, but it was kinda embarrassing to be called names like that in the middle of a public street. Surprisingly, the hot guy called Jaejoong who I snapped at didn't look the least bit pissed. On the contrary, he looked amused, as did his four other hot friends.

Okay, this was getting boring. "Fine, fine!" I yelled over the girls. "I apologize to the high and mighty Jaejoong-sshi. Can I go now?"

"No way, you loser!" One girl sneered, grabbing my arm and shoving me through the crowd to the boys. "You better apologize to his FACE. And if we don't think it's good enough, we aren't letting you leave!"

I glared at the y girl, then turned to reluctantly face Jaejoong. "I am very, very sorry I said that to you. I have no idea what came over me. Please forgive me."

"That's not good enough!" The girl snarled, but Jaejoong raised one hand. "No, it's okay." He looked at me through cool and dark eyes. "Do you know who we are?"

"Nope." I said truthfully. Then (the fangirls were starting to glare daggers at me) I quickly added, "I just moved here, so I don't know anything."

The boys smirked at each other. "We are DBSK, the rising gods of the east. The greatest gang in Downtown Seoul."

Ah, . Today just wasn't my lucky day with gangsters.

Speaking of which, why were they all so hot?

"Well, then, I am VERY sorry to have bothered you, DBSK." I said, grabbing my bike. "But I'm in kind of a hurry, so........."

"Hold on there, redhead." One boy blocked my way and then leaned against my bike's handlebars. "Aren't you the least bit amazed being so close to a gang?"

"No, not particularly." I said, much to the amazement and incredulity of the other people. "I see gangs every day."

Then I realized I made a big, big, big mistake.

Instantly, the lazy and almost flirtatious manner of the five DBSK boys changed into business-like, cold, and evil. "Listen, lady, there are only four gangs in Seoul that are important. You say you see gangs every day? Which school do you go to?"

"What did you say your name was?"

I knew now that it was high time to hightail it out of there. I swung onto my bike, kicked off, and zoomed away. People jumped out of the way as I sped past. Why didn't I do this before?

I heard one of the boys holler "Catch that girl!"

"!" I hissed. I needed to lose them and then double back and go home. Luckily, I had a bike, and no matter how long their legs were, they were still only on feet. I had an advantage.

I saw an open alleyway and twisted into that, coming out into the street parallel to it.

I did many other twists and turns irregularly, until I was certain I lost them. I coudn't hear their voice anyways.

Then they appeared right in front of me.

"Holy crap!" I yelled, braking and turning around hurriedly. But they just surrounded me.

"How the bloody hell did you.........."

"You must not be from here, firehead." Jaejoong smirked. "This is Downtown Seoul. This is our territory. We know every nook and cranny of this place."

! How could I forget common gangster knowledge?

"So, how about you be a nice girl and tell us what we want to know, huh?" One said sweetly, smiling dangerously at me.

I slowly got off my bike and eyed them warily. I had no intention of telling them anything. Despite all I said about hating Beast's guts and everything, but they were nice and sweet and I'd rather see them fooling around than getting beat up. But if I fought them, being gangsters, they'd definitely realize who I am.

"Ah, hell." I muttered. My personal wellfare and happiness.........................or Beast?

"Well?" The one nearest to me grabbed my arm.

"!!!" I yelled furiously. "THOSE BASTARDS BETTER THANK ME FOR THIS WHEN I GET BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Seconds later, my fist sank into that guy's stomach.