Arriving at Incheon

Tales of the Red Lion

Hey, y'all! First of all, I wanna give a BIG THANK YOU AND HUG to all my readers who subscribe and comment! Over 300 subscribers! OMFG!!! I think I'm gonna cry! And of course, hearing what you guys think of my fanfic in the comments really makes my day, even if you say bad stuff!

So, basically, I just wanna let you guys know right now -- SHINee doesn't come to Incheon. So calm down. Take a deep breath. Relax. Breathe. Then FREAK OUT BECAUSE BEAST'S COMEBACK IS COMING SOON!!!

*cough cough* ahem, what? 

This is sorta like a fluffy romantic filler so I could push Ringo and Hyunseung's relationship onto the next level, because honestly, romance is kinda hard to pull off when Ringo is worried about her family getting killed or like that in Seoul.

Anyway.......ON WITH THE SHOW!!!!!

***************************************************

We finally reached Incheon, and the bus pulled into the hotel everyone would be staying at.

"Alright, everyone, get your bags and make sure you didn't leave anything behind!" The teacher yelled.

We headed off the bus, yawning and stretching our stiff muscles and blinking in the bright sunlight. Unlike Seoul, which has been stormy and grey for the past few days, Incheon was bright, sunny, and warm.

Was this a sign that everything will be okay on my trip? Why the hell is the weather even matching up to my mood anyway? What the hell?

Whatever.

"Ringo-ah, where are you sleeping?" Kikwang asked me, before grinning suggestively. "There's plenty of room in my bed for you -- OW!!!" He rubbed his head and stared at the empty soda can lying on the ground, before looking up to glare at Junhyung who was turned away and whistling, looking a bit too innocent for his own good.

"I'm rooming with Gaesuh-ah, Jinae-ah, and Heemin-ah. OBVIOUSLY." I snapped. "I can't believe you would even suggest that, Kikwang. Honestly. What kind of girl would I be if I actually AGREED to that?"

"A , I guess." Kikwang shrugged, then gave me a heart-stoppingly sweet smile. "But because you say no every time, I know that you won't ever change, right?"

Okay, that was kinda cute. Kinda.

Before I could retaliate, Hyunseung pulled me away from Kikwang. "What's your problem?" I asked, blinking up at him.

"Get your suitcase out from the luggage compartment," Hyunseung advised me quietly.

That was strange, but he was right. I completely forgot about my suitcase. I ran over to go get it.

***************************************

"You jealous dog, you." Kikwang grinned and playfully punched Hyunseung's shoulder. "You got the hots for our redhead hottie!"

Hyunseung's eye twitched. "Don't call her that."

"Are you jelly?" Kikwang taunted. "Huh? Huh? You jelly? You jelly?"

"Alright, enough. Stop bothering the poor guy." Doojoon good-naturedly shoved Kikwang away. Cackling like a hyena, Kikwang ran over to tell Dongwoon, Junhyung, and Yoseob the news.

"So, you like her?" Doojoon asked bluntly.

Hyunseung remained calm. "I have no idea what you're talking about, hyung."

"Aw, don't give me that, Hyunseung. I was sitting right behind you guys, I heard every word. You guys were talking to each other like a teasing old married couple."

THAT finally got Hyunseung. His ears turned red.

"Okay, look, man. I'm not in any position to tell you jack, but if you wanna get Ringo-ah, you gotta let her know. Before someone else takes her away from you."

Hyunseung narrowed his eyes. "Excuse me?"

"You're excused."

"That's my line."

"Not important. Look, the point is, you definitely noticed that there are gangsters who have their eye on her, and not just for her fighting skills either. Like, eye on her as a WOMAN kind of thing."

"I got what you meant, Leader." Hyunseung scowled darkly. He still remembered when L. Joe kissed his apple's cheek, and he also remembered exactly how pissed off he was when he saw that happen.

"You know, I'm surprised," Doojoon said after a moment's pause. "You are the last person I would have thought to have fallen in love with someone. I honestly thought Yoseob would be the first. Or maybe Junhyung. Or me," he added as an afterthought.

"Why? Because I'm so cold?" Hyunseung couldn't help but tease.

"No, well......you know what I mean."

"Junhyung has a crush on Ringo, actually, so it's not just me. And I think Yoseob is just some sort of skinship freak."

Doojoon's eyes widened. "Junhyung is crushing on her?"

"Honestly, leader, how can you be so blind? Why else do you think he tried to kiss her?"

"Well, I thought, but.....what are you going to do about it?"

"Whether he likes her or not isn't my problem," Hyunseung said smoothly. My apple.

"Well, good luck." Doojoon clapped his shoulder. "By the way, if you plan on ever letting her know your feelings....." he winked. "This trip is the TIME."

"I'll keep that in mind," Hyunseung said sarcastically.

*******************************************************************

I finally returned and saw Doojoon walking away from Hyunseung, who looked a bit uncomfortable. "You alright?"

"Huh? Yeah." Hyunseung said, sounding a bit distracted.

"Really? You okay?" I lookedu p at him curiously. "You seem a bit....off."

Hyunseung stayed silent, and I decided not to bother him anymore.

Everyone split into groups of four to go into the rooms. Beast being Beast, they refused to split and decided to share one room with all six members.

"We'll just get some of them to sleep on the floor," Dongwoon shrugged carelessly.

"But who will?" I asked them with a raised eyebrow.

Silence, then......

"ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!!!" They all chorused.

"AAAAAAAAAAGH!!!! NOOOOO, !!!"

"MWAHAHAHAHAHA, I WON!!!!!"

"WHOO-HOO!!!"

"AAAARGH, NOOOOO!!!!! GOD ING DAMMIT!!!!"

Actual customers at the hotel were starting to look at our group strangely as they passed us in the lobby.

"Shut up!" I hissed at them.

"Ringo-ah, I don't wanna sleep on the floor!" Yoseob whined, giving me his best puppy dog eyes. "Can I sleep with you? Please please please?"

I affectionately pinched his cheek. Hard. But 'affectionately'. "No. Honestly, Yoseob, you're turning more and more into Kikwang every day."

"Oh, god no!" The other Beast members pretended to look horrified. "Hey!" Kikwang snapped.

"Come on, Ringo-ah," Gaesuh giggled. "Separate from your boy-toys for a minute, we need to get our stuff into the rooms!"

"They're not my boy-toys!" I argued back with embarrassment as I followed her into the elevator.

*******************************

"Alright, class, this is the downtown area of Incheon," the teacher called out. "You are allowed to do whatever you want, but there are a few rules. One: do not cause trouble. Two: do not enter the red light district. Three: you must always be with at least one other person. No one is allowed to be alone! If they are caught by themselves, they will spend the rest of the day with us! Is that clear?"

"Yes!" Everyone chorused in fright. Nobody wanted to spend their free time with the teachers.

"Lastly, rule number four: Meet up at the Downtown Square in front of the fountain by four o'clock so we can go eat dinner. Understood?"

"Yes!"

"Alright, you're free to go."

Laughing and chattering happily, the students dashed off in separate directions, some in pairs and some in large groups. It was only twelve, which gave them almost four hours to be free.

"Shall we go?" I asked Gaesuh, Heemin, and Jinae.

Jinae giggled. "No, I think you better go off without us."

Heemin nodded, giggling as well. "We'll meet you up later, okay?"

"W-what? Wait, why?" I asked in panic. I was prepared to hang out with them! Who else would I hang out with for four hours?

Gaesuh gave me a sly wink and, laughing their heads off, the three girls ran away before I could take a step.

"I wanna play with Ringo-ah!" I heard Yoseob whining from somewhere behind me.

"No! Now come with us!" I heard Doojoon drag Yoseob away until Yoseob's screams disappeared behind all the noises of the crowded street.

I turned around and gasped in shock. Hyunseung was standing there.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

Hyunseung turned to look down the street. Walking away was the rest of Beast, in various stages of excitement or disappointment. Doojoon and Kikwang had to literally drag Yoseob away, who was still putting up a terrific fight. Doojoon looked up, grinned, and waved.

Hyunseung looked back at me. "Saja Ringo....." he said seriously.

"Y-yes?" I gulped.

"Would you like to spend this day with me?"

"E-eh?" I stammered. "J-j-j-just us?"

"I believe I said 'with me', so yes."

"W-w-w-well, I, uh......o-okay....." God dammit, Saja Ringo, STOP STUTTERING!!!

Hyunseung smirked, and I blushed. "Don't laugh at me, you !"

"S-s-s-s-sorry," he stuttered on purpose to make fun of me.

"Why you! I ought to walk away right now!"

"And go where? You'll be alone. The teachers will find you and make you spend the day with them."

, he was right. The girls and Beast were gone, and the teachers were watching us with their beady, nosy little eyes to make sure we didn't go off alone. So even if I didn't want to spend the time alone with Hyunseung -- which I did -- I would be forced to.

Well, I expected nothing less coming from the strategist of the gang.

"Alright, you got me." I shrugged my shoulders, trying to save face. "What do you want to do."

"Let's have lunch first," He suggested with a slight smile. I followed him as we walked down the streets of Incheon in search of a good place to eat.

"Why do you even want to hang out with me anyway?" I asked curiously -- although I had this really weird feeling in the pit of my stomach that I knew why, but I ignored it.

Hyunseung didn't say anything. Then he suddenly looked down at me and gave me one of his rare, genuine smiles -- the one that made my legs go weak.

"Because I want to," was all he said.

Good enough for me. I guess.