Shopping!

Tales of the Red Lion

I was in shock for the rest of the day.

Beats were the kings of Middle Seoul? How? How could I not notice that? Well, kings or not, I can still kick their , but still...........

That meant that Beast was one of the three strongest gangs in all of Seoul.

Holy .

"Ringo, I got a call from the office today." My mom said, frowning slightly as she slid a plate of cookies towards Baejun, who gobbled them up like a wolf. "They said you skipped afternoon classes. What on earth were you doing?"

"Nothing." I muttered sullenly, grabbing a cookie before Baejun could eat them all. "I just needed some fresh air, that's all."

"Ooohhh!" Mom's eyes suddenly grew as shiny as coins. "Are you having BOY problems?"

"MOM!!!!" I yelled, turning red. Oh god, please please PLEASE don't tell me she's going to give me "The Talk". If she does give me "The Talk", right in front of Baejun who's only seven friggin years old, I will die, right here and now, on the kitchen table.

"No no no, it's okay, Ringo. Oh, I'm so excited! I've been waiting for this day to come ever since you started junior high, but then you turned into a violent delinquent, so I was so ever disappointed...........but now it's finally happening! You know, Ringo, it's okay to love another man, especially if it's one of those gorgeous boyfriends you made the other day, they're so handsome and well-mannered and athletic............but if there comes a time when you and one of your boyfriends -- or all of them, it really doesn't matter -- decide to get more intimate.........."

"MOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I yelled, turning an even darker shade of red. Holy , she really was doing it!

"..........I support you fully in any decision you make, no matter how bad it is. After all, it's your body. Just make sure you don't get-----"

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I jumped up, snagged the last cookie, and dashed upstairs as Baejun screamed at me from below. "Hey!!!! Moooooom, Ringo took the last cookie!"

I chomped on the poor cookie furiously as I slammed the door. Oh my god. My own mother thought I was juggling six boyfriends at once. AND SHE WAS OKAY WITH THAT!!!! WHAT KIND OF GODFORSAKEN INSANITY IS THIS????!!!!!

Suddenly, the phone rang. I picked it up, and I heard a voice chirp on the other side, "Heyyyy, Ringo-ah! It's Gaesuh. I came to talk! What's up?"

I felt myself relax slightly. Gaesuh still wasn't what I considered a friend (she was waaaay too annoying) but it was nice to finally have a "girl" talk. I immediately told her everything my mom just tried to tell me.

"..........I mean, why can't I have a normal family?" I complained. "Why can't my mother be like any normal mother and tell me I'm not allowed to date until I'm going to get married or something? Isn't that what normal mothers do?"

"Sounds like it." Gaesuh giggled over the phone. "You should be lucky, though, Ringo-ah. If MY mother knew I was hanging around Beast, she would go up the wall. No matter HOW gorgeous they are."

"My mom probably would too." I muttered, sighing. "She doesn't really trust gangsters, but so far they managed to convince her they are just incredibly hot and well-mannered boys who became my friends. Or boyfriends, or whatever."

"Why don't you tell her what they really are?" Gaesuh suggested, but I could tell her heart wasn't in it. She was probably loving the fact her new friend was Beast's new favorite toy.

"I wish, Gaesuh-ah..........but my mom was so happy to find out I made all those friends. You should see the look on her face when the subject of Beast pops up. It would break her heart for her to think I was hanging around gangsters agai----I mean, hanging around gangsters." I stumbled over my words, almost revealing my secret identity to Gaesuh.

"Hey, how about we go shopping?" Gaesuh said. "My and my other friends are going today, and it'll be awesome if you can come with us! Pretty please? It'll be fun."

This was the first time anyone had ever asked me to go shopping with them, besides my parents and everyone knows that's completely different and not fun at all. So of course I agreed.

"Mommm, I'm going shopping!" I yelled as I sprinted downstairs, making sure to grab my wallet along the way.

"By yourself?" Mom called, looking worried. "The streets are dangerous, Ringo!"

"Don't worry, I'm going with a few of my friends. A classmate called Gaesuh invited me. I was just talking to her now."

Mom smiled, looking so happy I could have sworn I saw tears in her eyes. I felt a sudden regret for all my stupid years as a gangster before. I caused her so much pain. If only I could be normal from now on, and she'd never have to worry about me being friendless and hunted like a dog.

"Have fun, sweetheart."

"I will, mom, I will."

I ran out the door and towards the bus stop, where Gaesuh promised to meet me. I felt a sudden joy, a sort of happy high, as adrenaline coursed through my veins. The feeling you can only get when you and your girl friends are about to go on some adventure together, no matter how trivial it was.

The feeling was so invigorating, it almost............ALMOST........made me forget that rumours of the Red Lion in Seoul was slowly circulating throughout the city..........................

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey y'all, I know, I'm sorry I've been AWOL for, like, EVER (is that how you use AWOL? I don't actually know what that means........), but I'm doing my best now!!!! Please forgive me!!!

I was reading all the comments readers have been giving me about all my latest and current fanfics, and it brought tears to my eyes. So, I just have to say THANK Y'ALL FOR READING MY FANFICS AND I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!!!! A-yup a-yup.

Anyway, please don't like, unsubscribe or whatever just yet. I'm using my winter break for all it's worth to write as much as I can, but I'll probably be gone again for the whole of January. Don't get sad, guys! It's because I have my math EQAO, and my midterm exams, and I have my four hardest subjects this semester, so please bear with me.

Cuz next semester, I have friggin NOTHING to do. It's all easy stuff like gym and art (although gym won't be so easy, I'm not exactly the sharpest ice skate blade on the rink). Anyway, LATER FOR NOW!!!! I'll probably start writing again later today, if I'm lucky.

But you know my mom, she's asian, so she's scheduled like a thousand million parties every day...........sigh.........DAMMIT ASIAN MOTHERS!!!!!!