The Love Guru and Other Things That Piss Me Off

Tales of the Red Lion

When we met up with everyone else at four in front of the fountain, Doojoon took one look at us and jumped up, howling in delight. "I knew it! I KNEW IT!!! You guys are totally together now!!!"

"W-what?" I blushed furiously. How the hell did he even know? We weren't even holding hands for god's sakes.

"I can just tell." Doojoon punched Hyunseung's shoulder and then ruffled my hair. "I'm the Love Guru, you know."

"NOOOOOO!!!!" Yoseob yelled out, falling to his knees and yelling into the sky. "WHY, GOD, WHY??!!! WHY DID YOU MAKE MY WIFE RUN AWAY WITH ANOTHER MAN??!!"

"YOSEOB, SHUT UP!!!" I yelled. People were starting to stare. Most of the students already were.

"FIRST SHE WENT INTO ADULTERY BY SEEING OTHER MEN BEHIND MY BACK, AND NOW SHE'S OFFICIALLY STARTED A NEW LIFE WITH THIS GUY?!!" He jumped to his feet and pointed dramatically at Hyunseung. "TODAY I SHALL DEFEND MY HONOUR AND REGAIN MY PRIDE!!!"

"What honour?" Hyunseung scoffed.

"Someone, pull him back!" I begged, before Yoseob actually jumped Hyunseung. Everyone was too busy laughing.

I stepped forwards, about to pull him away myself, when Junhyung appeared and dragged him to a safe distance. "Keep your head, idiot," he shook his head.

"Thanks." I said gratefully.

"No problem." He shrugged his shoulders. "So, you and Hyunseung, huh?"

"Huh? Oh, well, um, I mean......" I broke off into stammers, my cheeks turning pink.

Junhyung sighed deeply, then turned to me and gave me a grin. "Shame. I should have made a move sooner."

"Huh?"

"Never mind. If he treats you wrong, tell me. I'll kick his ."

"Like you could," Hyunseung scoffed.

"Wanna bet?"

"No."

"I'll steal her from you if you neglect her."

"I'd like to see you try."

I decided to just walk away. I was incredibly confused by their conversation, and I had no idea if they were fighting or just playing around. It was weird.

"Congratulations!!!" Gaesuh squealed, knocking me back when she hugged me. "I can't believe it, it's finally happened!" Jinae shrieked. Heemin hopped up and down. "You and Hyunseung!"

"Whoa, whoa, calm down, girls!" I said with a blush. "We just hung out. It's not like we got married or something."

"Ringo-ah, you know for a fact you did not just 'HANG OUT' with Hyunseung. You two are DATING now!" Gaesuh reprimanded me.

"If you ever got bored of the ice king, I can comfort you!" Kikwang called from behind me. "OW!!!" He added when Hyunseung kicked his legs.

"Congrats, Ringo-ah." Dongwoon said. "Did you hold hands? Did he hug you? Did he kiss you? Did you guys make out?"

"NO NO NO NO NO!!! SHUT UP!!!" I yelled furiously.

"So, you held hands?"

"NO -- well, kinda, yeah."

"Did you hug?"

"NO."

"Did you kiss?"

"NO."

Dongwoon turned to Hyunseung indignantly. "What kind of date did you give her?"

Hyunseung scowled, his ears turning a light shade of pink. "Since when were you so interested in what I do in my spare time?"

"Since it concerned our precious Ringo-ah!"

"I do what I want, and when I want!"

"So do it now!"

"Will you all just SHUT UP?" I snapped. "Seriously!"

They all turned to stare at me.

"Okay, so.....yeah, Hyunseung and I....kind of....are sort of dating. Maybe. Sort of. Quasi-ish." I turned to Hyunseung for confirmation, and he nodded. "Right. But what WE do is NONE of your business. You guys are outsiders."

Yoseob's eyes filled with tears. "I AM JUST AN OUTSIDER TO YOU, RINGO-AH? AFTER ALL WE'VE BEEN THROUGH TOGETHER?"

"I didn't mean it like that, Yoseob, and WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN 'WHAT WE'VE BEEN THROUGH TOGETHER'?"

"Easy now, Ringo-ah, you'll burst a blood vessel with all that shouting." Doojoon warned me.

"Shut up, Doojoon."

"Just trying to help."

The teacher came and started to lead us to the restaurant where we'll have dinner. Thanks to Yoseob's incessant shouting and Gaesuh's loud squeals of delight, the rest of the students knew I was now dating Hyunseung. I had many girls glare hatefully at me, a few even having the nerve to shove my shoulders as they walked by.

I rolled my eyes. Childish.

We entered the restaurant, and Beast immediately found a large table for us all to sit. I turned to my friends. "Coming?"

"Sorry, Ringo-ah." Gaesuh pleaded. "That cute boy I sat with on the bus invited me to his table, and he said he could introduce his friends to Jinae-ah and Heemin-ah. I would have invited you too, but you're taken."

I felt a slight thrill of pride when she said I was 'taken', but I smothered it down. "Alright, go have fun."

"See you at the hotel!" She waved and skipped towards the cute boy.

I sighed. It didn't matter, really. Knowing Beast, they would have tied me down to the chair if I went to sit with other people.

Hyunseung sat beside me, and Yoseob had a brief scuffle with Junhyung to sit on my other side. Yoseob won, but I had a feeling Junhyung was going easy on him.

"Do you regret it?" Hyunseung asked me in his usual whisper-low voice.

"Regret what?" I asked in confusion.

"Dating me. I saw what those girls were doing to you. You didn't say anything back. You will definitely have more hostility directed your way when we get back to school. Do you regret it?"

I blushed and slowly slipped my hand into his ice-cold one. "I don't."

He smiled softly at me and lightly squeezed my hand.

Suddenly, Yoseob grabbed my other hand. "Not fair!" He screeched. "If Hyunseung gets to hold Ringo-ah's hand, then I can too!"

The food arrived. "Guys, let go," I said tensely. Neither was willing to let go of my hand. "Seriously, I want to eat."

"I can feed you if you want," Kikwang grinned unhelpfully.

"LET GO!!!" I yelled. They both quickly released my hand, which was a very smart move on their parts.

I began to eat in sullen silence, Yoseob pouting tearfully and Hyunseung looking calm and amused on either side of me.

These idiots really piss me off. I should have gone to sit with Gaesuh and the others after all.