COVER

Real Story

Tired from running, you stopped a while. Then you walked around the school. You walked to every place in the school. Eventually you reached the school garden.

“Ah.. Why I am here..” you sighed, going to leave that place. Being in this place reminded you of Joon. But you had some strange feelings out of the blue. You observed the place. At the corner of there, you saw.. Joon and Lizzy? Joon was wearing prince costume, and there was a tiara on Lizzy’s hair. You didn’t want to keep watching them but you unknowingly couldn’t move.

You saw Joon leaned in to Lizzy and….. they kissed.

As your tear dropped someone covered your eyes.

“Guess, who am i?” you already memorized this voice, and this habit. It was L.

“I am sorry, I couldn’t protect you this time,” L backhugged you, still covered your eyes.

You burst of tears. You just understood that time, all this time L was trying to protect you. You just knew the meaning of L’s strange acts towards you. He always did this if there were Joon and Lizzy around, so you wouldn’t see them. When he shouted your name, you had to look at him because he didn’t you to see Joon or Lizzy at the opposite side. You cried even more hardly.

“Don’t cry.. I am hurt seeing you crying like this,” his tone was so sad. He hugged you more tightly. The warmness of his hug calmed you down. L took his hand off from your eyes. He took you out from there, to not meet Lizzy and Joon.

“I am sorry, L. You always seeing me like this. I don’t wanna disappoint you, but I kept watching on Joon. I still can’t forget him. I am sorry,” you looked at him. He seemed worried you. You could feel his pureness of loving you by look at his gaze.

“Hey, this babo. That person was gone,” he whispered to you. His face was so sad. You couldn’t look at him, you felt guilty.

“So that. Let’s stop..” You inhaled, “Lets break up, L. I kept disappoint you all the time.”

“This babo. How can I live without you?” he said it coolly way. “Don’t do that.”

“But, L..” you tried to say but L pressed his index finger against your mouth.

“Shut up. I just don’t want you hurting alone. Let me be in your side,” he said it like it was nothing.

But those words really touched you. You cried again because of touched.

“L, how can you say something cool like that?” you laughed, still crying.

“I am serious. I am indeed cool,” he smiled at you. A soft smile. Your heart pounded fast seeing that smile.

“Okay, okay,” you were about to wipe your tears, but L did it first to you. “I have one condition.” You said.

He just looking at you straightly with a what?-gaze.

“Don’t leave me.”

L seemed surprised. But he loved it. He kept smiling, touched your cheek. He leaned in to you. You thought L was going to kiss you. But he didn’t. He moved back. He threw his arm around you. You leaned on his chest. You felt comfortable in his hug. You already forgot what you saw just before.