One Shot: To leave RunningMan

MondayCouple's one shot story

The moment the news broke out, his phone started to buzz.

He sighed as he knew people wouldn't take this easily. He looked at it once, he saw thousand of instagram notifications. He put it back on the desk.

She came to him with a cup of coffee,she luckily had no schedchules today as the day after she had a press conference for her new drama.

-"Here" she said as she handed him the cup of coffee and sat down on the chair next to him.

He took the cup and smiled at her, an apologetic one.

-"I'm sorry it got out today, you may have some question about it tomorrow" he sighed, he wanted people to focus on her drama.

-"Aniya oppa" she shook it off and said: "Sbs is going to make a statement soon, they texted me" she took his hand in hers.

-"We'll go through this".

-"I know..." he pulled her arms toward him, she stood up and sat on his laps, he put his arms around her waist and his facein the croock of her neck. He stayed for a few second before he looked at her in the eyes.

-"I'm sorry I'm doing this to all of you, but... I really need to, I can't continue like this, I need people to focus on my music, I need myself to focus on music and dance"he spoke in a low voice. She nooded and hugged him tight.

 

She wasn't pleased with the decision of him leaving the show, when he first told her, months and months ago,she got a bit angry at him. She was sad he was leaving her, their members and their crew.

He stopped talking about it for a while, but one day he brought it back.

 

-"Baby, I'm sorry, I know, I feel terrible... But I also think there is no other solution... I'm sorry" he had said. She waited for his explanation, he gave her a long one, they had spoke for hours that day. She knew how he felt, she knew it wasn't a easy decision for him. Gary is the loyal and caring type. He felt he own RunningMan a lot. For the popularity it gave him, in Korea first, then in all Asia, and even in Europe.

But moslty because RunningMan gave him a new family, first of all, her, his love. And then all the hyungs and dongsaeng who were always there for him, good adviser, good joker, good friends, good brothers.

But his music was his life, what he had work so hard for all of those years, what he needed to live as if it was his air.

And she knew that he wanted to be known for his music, his talents, the feelings he put in.

He wanted to seperate music and RunningMan. Unfortunatly it couldn't work.

He was gratefull for the care RunningMan fans gave to his music and to his love life but sometimes he would find it bothering.

He would want people to sing along in his concert instead of screaming Jihyo's name.

He would want people to meet him in the showcase for his music, instead of comming to see him and talk about Jihyo.

He wanted Music to be music and RunningMan to be RunningMan.

Most of all, he needed more time.

He had started a clothing business, he wanted to focus more on halyang and more on music.

RunningMan filmings would be exhausting, it would drag on for long, every monday, sometimes even tuesday. At first he was ok with it, but as he grew older, it was harder to recover quickly from fatigue. Plus his back, his back a always hurt. He needed time in the week to recover from filming, but then he needed time to compose and study music, he also needed time to focus on Halyang, he needed time to work on his dance and chinese class, and he needed time to spend with Jihyo or his friends.

7 days a week wasn't enough, he hold on for 6 years but it was harder with time.

That's how he took the hard decision to leave. Even himself was sad to leave this family of his, to not see them every monday and have fun like they've been doing for 6 years.

He felt sorry for everyone, Jihyo, the members, the satff, and also the fans.

He knew fans would have a hard time accepting the fact but he hoped they would understand eventually.

 

Jihyo didn't agree but she understood, the harder part was his brothers and the satff. He knew everyone would try to convince him to stay. They've done it once, but this time he was certain of his decision.

The members had a harder time understanding his decision, at first they felt betrayed but not for long. They would have asked Jihyo to convince him with them, they wanted Jihyo to do something.

She said she had tried to talk to him but she knew he was certain with it. She asked them to understand him.

They tried long to convince him to stay but some day, JaeSuk had told them to stop. Like Jihyo, they couldn't agree with his decision but they understood.

They understood him and slowly they got to support him in his choice.

It was his own life after all.

 

Eventhough it won't be the same without Gary, the members decided to support him and to be there for him. Because they knew that if it was hard for them to let him go, it was harder for him to go.

They also knew that Gary would be forever a part of RunningMan and it wasn't the end, they would keep seeing him outside, he would still come to their gathering. It's their brother after all.

RunningMan would forever be a part of Gary, and Gary would forever be a part of RunningMan.

This is just a little something I wrote down quick, I hope everyone would understand his decision, it's his life, his happiness. I believe it wasn't an easy decision to make for him. He must have a hard time. And I also hope people here won't stop watching RunningMan because Gary's leaving. I don't think Gary would want that. Eventhough we're sad, let's support him and wait for his music.

Let's support him in in life, his choice.