Contrast

LEAVING (Time boils the rain)

5 years ago

 

Woke up to see the white ceiling above him, Tao stared at it for minutes. He didn’t even feel like waking up from the white, warm, fluffy sheets when sleeping felt like living in paradise. However he had to step out of it because his stomach was growling. Looking at his phone on his left side, it was still 10 in the morning on one of his unproductive days, out of any busy schedules.

Turned his body to the right side, he could see Kris lying on the other side of the bed. None of any free days he could see that guy waking up earlier than him, for he wouldn’t care of anything when he sleeps, and waking him up was one of the toughest job on earth, acknowledged by Tao.

Looking at his flawless face, Tao smiled and felt the plentiful peacefulness of Kris’s sleeping face. That made him unconsciously ran his hands on his soft, golden hair most of the time and he would astounded by the touch, because it felt like silk.

“Waarrggghh!” Kris shouted. The abrupt change of Kris disconcerted him, made him even dumbfounded when Kris mumbled something in Cantonese, in which made Tao fresh fully aroused from his sleepy self. He drew himself back, sunk himself in his comforter to hide himself as he was afraid if he was caught running his hand on that sleeping guy’s hair. Nevertheless, he was never discerned, he didn’t even near to be awake. Sleeptalking, to be exact.

Realizing that he was oblivious, Tao quickly unwrapped himself from the sheets and walked towards the kitchen. He opened the fridge full of food, but among them he picked the defrosted pork mince and unpacked it. He clicked on the rice cooker to heat the remaining rice he had cooked yesterday, while waiting, he cut the mushrooms and scallions. After heating the pan, he sautéed the ingredients together with beaten liquid egg, cheese and butter. The aroma ades the whole house, made the latter sniffed on his bed.

“Make one more for me,” Kris demanded, made Tao staggered, nearly jumped off from where he was standing.

“Argh, ggamjakiya. Hyung! Can you give a hint before you approach me like that?” he said while holding up the spatula, preparing to knock someone who startled him. Kris was standing next to him while covering his whole body with a comforter, up to his head with his eyes still closed. He then ignored the warning, slowly moved to the couch and landed there. Sleep again. Tao shook his head, chuckled.

 

The days in the past were always occurred like that.

 

Present

 

Tao woke up feeling the affliction stung on his head, as a result from his drunken self last night. He suddenly felt a weight on his body, so he squinted to latch onto the figure as the sunlight had already shone brightly, pierced the glass sliding window beside him. Before he opened his eyes fully, he could feel a silky lustrous hair tingled on his chin and he was flabbergasted to see Kris sleeping soundly on his chest, like a log.

Suddenly he felt queasy and he couldn’t stand it anymore, so detached his body quickly from Kris’s embrace, making Kris to be awake. Tao quickly rushed to the toilet bowl and spewed out everything from his stomach. The sleepy head, Kris approached and slouched against the door of the bathroom first before he grab hold of Tao’s shoulder while he’s vomiting.

“I’ll make you tea,” said Kris, walked to the kitchen after seeing Tao finished spewing out everything. Tao slowly rose from the bathroom and landed back onto the bed, covering his stomach with a piece of sheet. Kris came from the kitchen holding a cup of tea, placed the cup on the desk beside the bed.

“Are you alright?” Kris asked him. Tao nodded, keeping his eyes closed. Feeling the tranquil aura while watching Tao who looked very serene while sleeping, Kris couldn't help but to feel like sleeping again, so he sunk himself beneath the comforter and let himself fell asleep again as he couldn’t fight the nature of how sleepy head he was; how inseparable he was with the bed, typically.

Hence, he closed his eyes and let it doze, but he couldn’t. Instead, he opened his eyes to discern the frowned sleeping figure in front of him.

 

“I’d rather make a breakfast,” he uttered.

 

* * *

 

“Pass it to me!” Luhan shouted. The ball was dashed and went perfectly into his hands and then he hurled it into the hoop. A goal recorded and the game was over. As usual, no one was better than the national team coach, Luhan. It was in the evening when Luhan and his friends went out for basketball together after their hectic life of working, on every weekend.

“Nice shot hyung!” Oh Sehun approached and hi-fived him. They were walking away from the basketball court after the game.

“No. Thanks to you for you had passed the ball to me, Sehun. We are absolutely a good team!” Luhan said, swatting Sehun’s shoulder.

“Nay… actually you are the best player in South Korea. Why don’t you take a role in the national team?” Sehun asked.

“Yah, you know I can’t. I’m an old ajusshi already,” Luhan replied.

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot how old you are now, haha. Seriously you look younger than your age…”

“…and prettier.” Sehun giggled.     

“Yah! I look manly okay. Shut up!” Luhan chuckled while strangling Sehun’s neck, messing with his dongsaeng’s hair. “Chaa, now let’s go somewhere and get our favourite bubble tea,” Luhan continued. Sehun nodded happily.

Suddenly a Bugatti swerved across its path, seemingly would hurtle towards the boys on the shoulder of the road. The car seemed like it was drove by a stunt actor, when the car streaked across the street with tires screeching loudly on that asphalt. Luhan and Sehun alerted the car and quickly moved steps behind preparing for the next stunt.

And the car stopped just in front of the boys, perfectly without a single scratch. The window of the car went down and there’s a guy wearing sunglasses inside the car. He removed his specs and sharply glared at Sehun.

“Baozi gege!” Luhan shouted, thunderstruck because he didn’t expect that Minseok was the one who was behind the stunts. Minseok smirked.

“Now get into the car. We need to talk,” he said. Luhan paused and turned himself back, looking at Sehun.

“Err, Sehunnie, I’m sorry maybe we could eat together next time. So, see ya!” Luhan uttered, waving his hand. Sehun smiled while Luhan moved quickly into the car and Minseok hastily drove leaving Sehun behind. Minseok stepped on the gas so hard that made Luhan sitting beside him gulping.

“New car?” Luhan said, trying to distract the raging latter.

“Who’s that guy?” Minseok asked, rather replying.

“Well, he doesn’t look like a friend of me, to you?” Luhan uttered, chuckled.

Minseok stepped on the gas pedal even harder that the car screeched when suddenly Minseok stamped on the brake and parked neatly in front of Kamong, a café that belongs to a sister of his friend, Kim Jongin. He sometimes helped Jongin’s noona by being a barista there because he would be a barista if he hadn’t have to be Kris’s manager. Luhan huffed. Minseok get out of the car and slightly slammed the door. Luhan followed him, walking into the café.

“Are you… by any chance, jealous?” Luhan giggled. Minseok rolled his eyes and sit on the chair while Luhan sit in front of him.

“You’ve promised me that you won’t be close to any person other than me, remember?” Minseok uttered, seemed like he’s getting calmer.

“Yeah hyung, don’t worry I won’t. Now don’t be mad okay? Mianeiyo…” Luhan said while grinning, trying to please him by his cute baby face.

“Haha alright,” Minseok laughed. “Okay what coffee do you want today?” Minseok asked.

“Nah, you don’t have to. Now let’s go to the pantry and make coffee for ourselves instead,” Luhan suggested. Minseok nodded, wearing a smile.

 

 

* * *

Sorry for the late update huhu. I'm quite busy these days that it took me 3 days on hiatus. But, yehet! Here's the update! Well, there's a lot of real facts here that I've slotted in the episode (in case if you guys don't know about it)

1. Kris does sleeptalking, usually in English, Chinese, Cantonese and Korean, and most of the time the other members don't even know what he's talking about. 

2. Kris is the member who hardly wakes up in the morning, he usually will be the last one to wake up from his bed.

3. Kamong is a cafe by Kai's noona. Kai's noona ships Kai with his dog Monggu, and that's the origin of the cafe's name. Kai+Monggu= Kamong. Awww... family love is the cutest thing on earth, isn't it? :3

And yeah, I've made Oh Sehun as the cameo appearance in this episode. Just wait and see who'll be the cameo on the next episode, haha. Thank you for your anticipation in this story dear subbies ^^, thank you for reading and I'll be really really glad if you guys could comment and subscribe to the story! 

THANK YOU SO MUCH. SARANGHAJA WE ARE ONE! ANNYEONG! ^^