Insecure (mini chapter)

LEAVING (Time boils the rain)

“He is not Kris Wu.”

Jongdae had been stating that for an hour but Do Kyungsoo kept on giving his own speculations. They weren’t at the coffee shop anymore because the owner had threatened to call the police if they refuse to leave, so they left the shop. They were currently at the lobby of the hotel they have paid for another two nights.

“So what are you going to say about Luhan being here? He was Kris’s manager and coach. Huang Zitao, Kris’s bff. It doesn’t seem like a coincidence, well, to me,” Kyungsoo uttered.

Jongdae couldn’t say things no more.

“Don’t lie to me. He isn’t dead. You all are just keeping him away because he was sick. Because he can’t play anymore,” Kyungsoo uttered again. Jongdae shook his head as a signal that he could never agreed of everything he said.

“Kyungsoo. Have you done talking?” Park Chanyeol was somehow annoyed, partly disappointed with him.

“Well, tell me that it’s true then. I can keep a secret, don’t worry. Besides, what’s the point of me telling everyone anyway? No one remembers Kris Wu anymore. He’s already dead and gone,” Kyungsoo said while leaning his back on the chair. Jongdae sighed, he had given up talking more.

“I do remember him.” Tao muttered. Everyone seemed to feel the emission of sadness bursting out of his words while they kept silence. Kris had been isolating himself at the table next to the coffee dispenser since the first time Kyungsoo brought up the issue, he heard of everything even though he seemed uninterested. However, he walked towards the table slowly and smiled widely.

“I don’t really like the way you guys arguing things. A prosecutor, even, needs evidence before he could claim someone guilty in court,” Kris spoke out. And then he pulled out something from his pocket.

“Here’s my passport,” as he handed it to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo took it and flipped over some pages, and behold the details written down, including the photo. Kris pulled a chair and placed it just between Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, sipping his hot coffee like he’s the last cool guy in the universe.

“Oh.” Kyungsoo was speechless, and he paused for a minute while scrutinizing the passport closely. “Your name is Kevin Li Jiaheng and you’re Chinese-Canadian, living in Korea since last year?”

“Right,” Kris uttered.

“Well, it’s really impressive that your language proficiency is beyond perfect for someone who has just lived for a year in Korea,” Kyungsoo continued while raising an eyebrow when he met Kris’s eyes. Kris was staggered but he needed to hide it. Kyungsoo’s glare was indeed such piercing into his eyeballs. His breath which fell onto Kris’s cheeks was such a threat which he needed to respond immediately.

“Answerable,” Kris responded. “Everything is easy nowadays. Internet doesn’t require you to necessarily move, for your information,” he chuckled.

“That make sense,” Kyungsoo was somehow satisfied, nodding slowly. “How about your appearance? You’re just a carbon copy of Kris, you know, height and even your face, do you have undergone surgery, perhaps? If you do, I think I’m interested of where you have been into to get that face.”

“Stop it, Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol barged into the conversation immediately. “Sorry, for his behalf. He was actually a fan of Kris, so he was quite unsatisfied of certain things.”

“You don’t need to say that, hyung,” Kyungsoo sighed and throw the passport on the table. “You guys never know my feelings when he was suddenly declared dead without any logic reasons, anyway,” he said, putting his arms across his chest. He glanced at Luhan, and he immediately remembered the press conference last four years when Luhan declared that he had passed away.

“What?” Luhan was quite shocked when he discerned that Kyungsoo was glaring at him. With his big, bloody round eyes.

Kyungsoo smirked and then he chuckled. “I’m aware that hitting people in public is such a crime.”

“I’ll pay for that,” Luhan immediately voiced out. “Both of you.”

“Deal,” And then he stopped talking. He grabbed his empty coffee mug and walked towards the coffee dispenser.

“Scary little thing,” Luhan whispered to Yixing who sat beside him, when Kyungsoo was no longer there, the one he referred to. He exhaled out a super heavy sigh.

“Sure thing,” Yixing uttered as if he couldn’t agree more. He was still traumatized by someone he still imagined could hurt him someday, such as kidnapping him.

“I’m still sorry, for everything,” Chanyeol muttered when everyone was silent. “Sorry for turning your vacation into a nightmare.”

“It wasn’t your fault, as I have concerned that we were the one who have misunderstood the situation,” Jongdae replied, and he smiled.

“Kyungsoo is actually good,” Chanyeol claimed. “He’s just too smart and too straight-forward,” he explained again. Chanyeol seemed like a very close friend to him. He glanced over his shoulder to see Kyungsoo who was dispensing coffee from the machine, and then he continued when he was sure he wasn’t aware, “and sometimes he’s really scary,” he whispered. “Like Chucky the scary doll.

“YES!” Luhan and Yixing immediately responded to the statement.

“I can hear that, stupid,” Kyungsoo uttered when he was still sniffing on the espresso. He went back towards the table when he was satisfied of the coffee he made. And then he sat.

“I’m sorry for creating such nuisance,” Kyungsoo was taking his turn to apologize. He seemed to be turning into a normal human instead of a psychic after he took a sip of hot coffee. “I don’t mean to do bad, you know,” he stopped talking as if he took time to think.

Luhan and Minseok nodded their heads.

“I was thinking that, you could really take us to Korea, and make us rich,” Kyungsoo said while he was looking at Yixing. “I have a vocal cord of a professional singer.”

His intention was stated so directly that it made Luhan looking at Yixing while deeply impressed. Yixing looked back at Luhan and then to Kyungsoo.

“Erm,” Chanyeol uttered but he was still thinking whether he should speak or not. “I swear he speaks the truth,” and then he smiled. If there’s only a person in this world who liked his voice, it would be Chanyeol. He could just worship his voice. 

“I think I have a friend who could help,” Xiumin said after being silence for a long time. And then he smiled, as they’re getting friendlier to each other though they’re just strangers a few minutes ago. “He could be your mentor too, if you want to. I believe he’ll be super glad.”

“Well, hope that he’s not taller than me,” Kyungsoo uttered, innocently. And everyone laughed like crazy.

“That’s not even funny,” Kyungsoo uttered while rolling his eyes. 

 

 

 

* * *

 

An express update. A mini chapter. Aaaaand who is the friend Minseok talking about?

The next chapter (full chapter) will be up on the following weekdays.

Thank you for reading and for your kind support for this story so far, I hope that you guys will keep on supporting. Have a nice day!