Strangers

LEAVING (Time boils the rain)

Jongdae and Yixing were still looking at each other. A person who had introduced himself as Do Kyungsoo still kneeling in front of Yixing. There was also another tall person with big black framed spectacles wearing grey suit, standing behind Do Kyungsoo. He was crying like a baby.

And that was quite an absurd situation.

Jongdae and Yixing didn’t know what to do. They keep on staring at each other, as if they could telepath. Well actually, they really wish that they could.

“Park Chanyeol, please. Stop crying,” Kyungsoo muttered, rolling his eyes while still kneeling. Jongdae and Yixing’s eyes were no longer meet; they paid fully attention to the theatre playing just in front of them. Plus, that kind of drama would play like once in a lifetime.

That giant baby was still crying.

“Hyung! Can you please stop crying!” Kyungsoo uttered again while standing on his feet, but he shouted really loud this time. It caught some spectators who were passing through, by their attention.

But the giant baby was still crying. Worst, he cried even loud that the situation was out of control.

Jongdae and Yixing who stood there like statues started to think that it was the right time to do something. But before they could do anything or speak something, Kyungsoo rushed towards Chanyeol and hugged him.

“Okay okay baby stop crying awoowoowoo stop crying aloolooloo everything’s gonna be alright yeah baby giant stop crying...” he hugged while moving to left and right trying to rock and comfort the crying baby. Kyungsoo looked like a dwarf having a giant son.

And Chanyeol stopped crying. As he was facing towards Jongdae and Yixing who were just started to laugh at their behaviour, he grinned until all of his white teeth beamed back sunlight towards both of them, and he flashed a wink.

“Erm, Jongdae, don’t you think that they’re out of their minds or something?” Yixing whispered after he had stopped laughing, glanced at him briefly and then put his eyes back on Kyungsoo and Chanyeol again.

“No, I think they’re paupers.” Jongdae whispered back standing much closer.

“No way, look at what that small guy is wearing. Polo,” Yixing whispered, then glanced at Kyungsoo’s exposed underwear. “Calvin Klein.”

“Thiefs, perhaps?” Jongdae whispered his second guess.

“Yah, we got to keep going or else we’ll get robbed,” Yixing who apparently smarter than the latter muttered out a suggestion. Jongdae started to put the money in the guitar case.

“Better quick,” Jongdae whispered again and Yixing had done all the packing within a flash. And they slowly get out of there, while those weird guys were still hugging. They tiptoed away wishing that they could vanish into the crowds and escape. Yixing and Jongdae were standing quite far when Jongdae glanced over his shoulder when those guys were still hugging, until...

“Hey Zhang Yixing! Wait!” Kyungsoo shouted. Yixing was having like an electric jolt rushing in his adrenaline and he squealed like he was caught escaping from a ghost who had kidnapped him.

“Aaaaaaaahhhhh!” and Yixing ran away like he was chased by stray dogs that could rip him into small chunks of meat. He ran quickly into the crowds and practically hit his broad shoulders with the people who were standing on his way. Jongdae was doing the same thing too. But Kyungsoo was extremely fast despite of his short legs, and with his small size he could slip through the crowd extremely easy. He ran like he was flying, that at the same time that scared those scaredy-cats who perhaps thought that they’re haunted by a daytime ghost who somehow looked like it could teleport.

“Zhang Yixing, take me back with you to Korea!” Kyungsoo shouted again, keep getting closer. And he would laugh while he was running.

Yixing took an instant glance over his shoulder and apparently his face was white pale as he looked at Kyungsoo’s ghostly face. Like a face of a schizophrenic. At the time Yixing looked back again he could feel like, ‘I’m gonna make you into a wax mannequin when I found you’ kind of sensation. And he’ll scream again.

“Aaaaaaaahhhhh!” and that made Jongdae frightened, so he screamed too. Both of them screamed like crazy while Kyungsoo kept getting closer.

When they reached a crowded, narrow street, Yixing take a quick turn to the left, followed by Jongdae, and then they hid under a huge garbage bin.

“We’ve lost him?” asked Yixing, panting.   

“I don’t think so,” Jongdae replied, whispering. He peeped through the space between the garbage bin, leaning his body while his palm holding the bin for extra support.

“Yah Jongdae, I think I smell a dead rat here. I feel like I want to throw up. Let’s get out of here, please,” Yixing uttered. Suddenly they heard footsteps coming towards them. Jongdae immediately put his palm on Yixing’s mouth.

“Shhh, it’s the thief,” Jongdae looked through the slit again. Yixing remembered that Jongdae had put his palm on the smelly garbage bin and his face started to turn green. Yixing put Jongdae’s hand off his face quickly and uttered a light cough, well, he needed to reduce the sound because he didn’t want to get caught hiding there.

“Argh !” Kyungsoo grunted and kicked the bin, and at the same time it made Yixing started to scream but Jongdae put his covered his mouth with his palm again right on time. Yixing felt really sick this time as he was disgusted of Jongdae’s contaminated hand. And soon after that another heavy, quick footsteps heard within that range of distance, and it was coming towards them.

“Kyungsoo!” it was Chanyeol, gasping, and he stopped there right in front of the garbage bin as he could see Jongdae peeping if he looked closely. So, Jongdae had to pull his head and stop peeping.

“Hyung, you really need to lose some weight,” Kyungsoo uttered, laughing while Chanyeol was holding his waist like it was going to fell off from his body and he was gasping like he going to swallow a gallon of oxygen in a breath. His face was burning red, angry after he heard Kyungsoo but he couldn’t respond.

“Where’s Selena Gomez?”

“I’ve lost her,” Chanyeol said while gasping. “It’s all because of you.”

“Why me? I didn’t ask you to follow me, stupid.”

“Yeah right, and now we need to find her,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes, a sign of anger. 

And behind that garbage bin, Jongdae was extremely alarmed by the conversation, he opened his eyes widely and stared at Yixing.

“Yixing, they’re kidnappers! And I think they’re after you after Selena Gomez!” he whispered, panic. Jongdae thought that those guys out there were going to kidnap and collect all famous faces. Yixing, surprisingly had lost his queasy sensation, grabbed Jongdae’s hand to not cover his face. Apparently, he thought it the same way.

“Call Minseok hyung,” Yixing quickly said, and Jongdae quickly took his phone and dialled. The caller tone came up and then followed by a voice.

“Hyung, hyung where are you?” Jongdae was gasping but he was keeping his voice as low as possible, luckily, the noisy crowds on the street made his voice dissolved.

“Why are you whispering? What is happening there?”

“Hyung, we’re chased by a couple of kidnappers and I don’t think that they’ll let us escape.”

“What?” Minseok took a brief pause. “Where are you now?”

“Hiding behind a garbage bin. They’re standing at the other side.”

“No! I mean, where exactly are you now?”

“How can I know? It’s in a ing street!” Jongdae’s voice was getting louder and the pitch was a note high. Yixing immediately uttered calm down and hit him lightly on his shoulder. Luckily the criminals were busy chatting with each other.

“Okay okay calm down. How about you slowly crawl out from your hiding spot and run towards the river bank. I’m here at the cafe and will quickly run to you when I see you.”

“But hyung...I think it’s impossible...”

“Don’t get panic, just get out of there now! I’ll be waiting.”

“Okay which river bank?”

“Just around the place where we took our brunch. Better quick!”

And the call went off.

“,” Jongdae uttered.

“What’s the plan?”

“We need to get out of here.”

“Are you nuts?” Yixing started to freak out. “And we’ll be chased by that scary goblin,” he was referring to Kyungsoo.

“Seriously, I think it’ll be better like that. Anyway, it looks like they won’t leave this place,” Jongdae said. Yixing peeped out. He saw both of them leaning on the wall and chat, like they’re waiting a glimpse of them and then, chase.

“Oh my God,” Yixing panicked. But true, he was thinking that he too, needed to get out of there or else he could die smelling a dead rat.

“Now,” Jongdae uttered and then he slowly crawled out. Yixing wasn’t ready so he tried to grab Jongdae back into hiding but then he lost control and collapsed.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were looking at them. Like a couple of starving tigers, standby to snatch plump fatty pigs.

“Runnnnnn!!!” Jongdae screamed and they ran faster than they have ever done for their entire life. And they chased them like police chasing criminals, ironically.

“It’s all your fault! They won’t realize if you didn’t fall!” Jongdae shouted.

“Shut up and run faster!!!” Yixing uttered while keep accelerating, but Jongdae seemed like he’s out of breath.

They have reached the river bank but Jongdae fell when he ran on the empty street as he couldn’t have the energy to run anymore. Yixing stopped too, he was trying to grab Jongdae and pull him to run again but he was too heavy. Kyungsoo was there just within a second.

“You can’t escape from me anymore, Zhang Yixing,” and then he uttered a loud, eerie laugh. Yixing felt that his knees were getting weak, and he fell on his knees. No one was there to rescue them. The street was empty, no one trespassed.

“Over my dead body.” Minseok was standing behind them. It was right on time.

Jongdae and Yixing looked at each other again when they thought that Minseok actually can’t even kill a cockroach. And they were both scared.

 

 

* * *

A short chapter in a rush. Heeeew

Hope you guys like it! Gotta go to class now. Annyeong! xoxo