Not yet, not today

LEAVING (Time boils the rain)

He whiffed a puff of caffeine, floating invisibly in the air while he stirred his cup of Americano, dragged him into an instinctive action where his lips curved up, eyes closed to the aroma his nose had captured. His mind was fully immersed into the tantalizing whiff, awakened the endogenous morphine on an early sunny morning of Sunday; such a wake-up call. When he opened his eyes, the heavenly sensation was being replaced by the emptiness of the café where just a few middle aged men sipping on their coffee while reading; maybe news on their tablets, his ears exposed to the noise which the aluminum trays were producing with the porcelain cups and metal teaspoons, and the tranquil man behind a book printed boldly italic ‘How to be a Romeo’ on the cover, sitting in front of him.

“Hyung. What is wrong with you these days?” Luhan said while chuckled, his voice abruptly barged into the serene aura set between them both since they sat at the table on the perfect spot of Kamong, where they could gaze at the swimming fishes while they were sipping on hot beverages as it was the closest to the big aquarium. Their favourite spot, precisely. Minseok’s left eyebrow was triggered by the voice, lifted up but then unseen as it was hidden behind the book.

“Uh?” Minseok uttered, behind the book, but still being oblivious. Luhan stirred his cup before he sipped another intake of coffee, while Minseok haven’t make a contact with his coffee yet, even touched the coffee which made by Luhan.

“Did you hurt falling from heaven?” mumbled Minseok’s lips. At a sudden.

“Are you reading or talking to me? I didn’t hear you,” said Luhan, frowned.

Minseok cleared his throat. “You have witchcraft on your lips,” he uttered, behind the book again.

Luhan touched his lips. ‘My lips? What the heck is it with witchcraft?’ Luhan as always not-a-romeo-typed guy wondered, frowning again. Then he discerned that Minseok was merely reading the book.

But no, he wasn't just reading. Minseok then realized that it's such a waste to utter such shakespeare lines to someone who didn't understand at all.  

“Did Suho made you read the book?” Luhan asked.

“Uhumm,” Minseok sounded without moving his mouth, still behind the book. Suho was Minseok’s younger cousin, a school counselor and a violin teacher. As they lived together since young, they have a good bond between them, so sometimes Minseok would go to meet him for some inspirations. Nothing, just to value life, discussed about trivialities that people have taken care so much, some gossips, secrets and such; boys’ talk. And in fact, he’s the only one he’d talk about his feelings towards Luhan all the time they meet up.

“Yah. I didn’t ask to meet you here to see you reading a book,” Luhan uttered again. When he was being ignored once again he grabbed the book from Minseok’s grasp. His eyes twitched once as they were staggered by the jolt. Luhan’s eyes were the first which wide opened and gradually, he open-mouthed after that to utter an escalating laugh.

“Hyung! There are baozis on your eyes!” Luhan teased, laughing on top of his lungs, trying to poke onto the puff under each Minseok’s eye but Minseok pushed the approaching hand to the side. His cheeks started to blush. The baozi steamed up.

“What did you do last night? You don’t seem like you’re having a good night sleep,” Luhan said, sounded caring rather teasing.

“Err. I was playing Candy Crush. Trying to finish up to the 400th level,” Baozi told the deer while feeling the puff under his eyes by the tip of his pointer. He hardly opened his eyes, heavy.

“Oh. I see,” Luhan nodded his head while sipping his coffee, not knowing the lie which lay beneath the statement uttered. Minseok couldn’t sleep on that previous night after he had kissed Luhan’s lips. Exciting, probably haunting, that he couldn’t even shut his eyes down to sleep, like an effect of overdosing caffeine. Somehow, Luhan looked like someone who didn’t believe what he was saying. But he did.

“Yeah, really,” then Minseok laughed, while Luhan was sitting still, looking at him, crossed his hands on his chest, smirking. Luhan was actually talking to himself; ‘this hyung can’t always get enough with his Candy Crush…’ assuming that he knew everything. Minseok was trying to escape from Luhan’s glance at the moment, sipping on his warm coffee, when it was no longer hot.

“Let’s talk about last night’s kiss.”

Minseok coughed while the coffee was still on his throat when the fluid was rushing out of the cavity, trying to escape from his nostrils too. He choked, still coughing severely even after his mouth departed from the mouth of the cup after seconds. Luhan chuckled but he rushed to provide Minseok with 3 sheets of tissue he pulled out of its box which placed between them.

“Thanks,” uttered Minseok still coughing. Luhan chuckled.

“I never knew that it was really good,” Luhan continued. Minseok frowned and managed to catch up his normal breathing rate, thus stopped coughing after listened to Luhan’s weird statement.

“Thought you hate it?” Minseok asked. He didn’t believe that he’d even discuss about it, but he was curious.

“Nope,” Luhan smiled while looking down at the spoon while stirring his coffee. Then he glanced up to look at Minseok’s face, discerning the cringe on Minseok’s forehead, between the eyebrows.

“I mean, NO, hyung don’t get me wrong please. Yes I’m not hating it, I just never know that kissing will be this good,” Luhan described his feelings more. Minseok was usually a quiet guy who doesn’t talk a lot, so he was only nodding to every word uttered by the guy in front of him. He smiled, glad that Luhan love the kiss, that was actually only a light peck on the lips.

“So, I think I need to find myself a girlfriend,” Luhan said again. Minseok headed down again, now reaching for his phone which was on the table all the time. Slowly drifted into Twitter, scrolling down the timeline. A perfect escapism, he thought. He was disappointed; he thought ‘why would you find a girlfriend when you’d always have me on your side all the time you wanted?’ But still, egoism and the fear of being rejected swirling on his mind, plus, knowing that he was the only one odd between them, canceled the plan of confessing every single time.

“Maybe you do have a girl in mind, who will be a great start for an amateur like me?” Luhan asked. Minseok acted as he was drifted away while he’s listening to them all, the words uttered. Disappointed.

“Hyung, I know you have a lot of admirers. You’re rich, very organized, caring and romantic… I know there are many girls you know, maybe you could introduce one to me?” Luhan asked again, but Minseok continue being oblivious. Someone was at the door, triggered the bell while he stepped into the café, which had caught Minseok’s attention. The guy shifted directly to the counter, seemed that he was talking friendly to the cashier, or maybe just ordering a cup of coffee before he sat down on a table, doing it all charmingly.

I know right, but I still can’t make you fall for me,’ Minseok placed his gaze onto the table, sighed, then looked down into his cup of coffee. Would he suggest someone? No. He knows how hard it would be, seeing Luhan happy with a girl he introduced. Maybe Luhan could ask someone else; at least he won’t be so regretful at all in the future.

“Hyung?” Luhan uttered when the letter failed to respond again. Minseok gazed at him.

“Erm, I don’t think that I know someone, but maybe you could ask another person who’s better than me in this. Who is definitely surrounded by girls…” Minseok said while averting his sight to a single guy who was searching for a seat, a cup of hot coffee within his grip. Luhan’s sight was directed to the guy too.

“Jongin-ssi! Sit here and join us!” Minseok called out. Jongin’s eyes glinted after seeing Minseok, he looked so excited upon seeing the one who was waving to him while calling.

“Oh my…”he chuckled. “Minseok hyung, you’re here too?” Jongin giggled all the way approaching.

“Never expected that you’ll be here at this hour. I mean it’s still early, and it’s Sunday. What are you doing here actually when you’re supposed to sleep on your bedroom since it’s weekend, no? Oooh, what happened to your eyes till it got swollen?” Jongin was obviously so excited upon meeting Minseok. Maybe he’s really alone, unable to hang out with friends due to a tight schedule and being tailed by fans all the time.

"Yeah, you're right, I'm coming once in a blue moon. Nothing serious happened to them, don't worry,” Minseok grinned while nodding slowly into an undeviating beat, while tipping on his eye puffs. “How about you?”

“Same. Once a while, come to visit noona on early Sunday morning, because the fangirls are probably floating in dreamland on their bed and some might in the church this hour,” the nation’s charming famous singer said, still standing by the table.

“By the way, this is Luhan and you should call him hyung, I believe that he has some opinions to ask from you,” Minseok said then.

“Who, me?” Jongin giggled loudly, enthusiastic to the fact that someone older than him was going to ask him an opinion. “Oh, hi Luhan hyung… what is it that you wanna ask me about?” he grinned, pull out a chair from the table and sit, resting his polystyrene coffee cup on the table.

“Hi,” Luhan blinked, smiled and then paused a while, staring on Jongin’s cup. “Ermm… can you please give me your phone number so I can call you… maybe?” he gazed up to the face and grinned, gathered his hands on the table in front of his torso. Jongin raised his eyebrows then averted his gaze towards Minseok. Minseok was astounded too.

“Or… if you can’t give your number, maybe we can take a selfie together? Heeeee…” Luhan grinned widely and cheeks blushing, spontaneously his hand reached his nape to scratch on the milky skin right below his golden brown short hair.

Minseok facepalmed.

 

* * *

 

 

The sound of the waves were breaking into the trance, washing away the sand on his feet on the vacant shore. Daylight shone on his body, heated on his wet white light-weight cloth and his bare skin covered by the cold dawning sea breeze. He felt the blissful sensation when he paddled on the cool water so he slowly merged his lower limbs into the aqua, taking steps further towards the ocean. Shutting his eyes impulsively, there was a fresh scent of the ocean which came and blew him away into a soothing atmosphere, where the break of waves on the shore crashing into his earlobes, getting distant and faintly audible by time.

The sun rays was getting vivid; he squinted his eyes from the sunlight which was breaking through the glass beside his bed and once the pupil could adjust the amount of light breaking into the retina, the high blue sky distorted into the blue ceiling on Tao’s apartment meters way too low, while the heat from the sun was actually coming from the body which embraced his chest, the calming sea water turned into the radiant white comforter which sunk him into the ocean of dreams in the past seconds.

He still wanted to stay on the bed, for Tao was restfully hugging him under the sheets and somehow he was still somnolent. Until his stomach uttered a deep growl, he left the bed, at the same time left the awakened latter who felt being removed from his breathing bolster; to the kitchen full of edibles.

Opened the fridge, he pulled a bottle of milk and gulped down a few before he tightened back the cap. Tao was awake, he slowly walked into the washroom eye-lidded, after that brushing his teeth, as Kris could hear it. Kris then took a slice of bread and gorged it into his mouth, swallowed it all up before he would sleep on the couch.

When he opened his eyes again, he could see Tao was standing meters away from him, standing by the stove while his hands briskly stirred something on a wok. Kris rose up slowly from the couch as the aroma of the food led his feet towards the kitchen. He dragged one of the chairs at the dining table, sat on it while propping his jaw on the table. Tao who heard the sound of a chair being dragged, turned his face over his shoulder to discern Kris who was sleeping on the table. He chuckled.

“Kevin hyung, still sleepy?” Tao said, chuckled again.

“Hmm…” Kris hummed lazily, as his eyes still shut and jaw still on the table while his hands dangled down from his shoulders side by side. “What day is today?” he mumbled.

“Sunday,” Tao uttered while still busy stirring.

Kris opened his eyes slowly and stared at the bowl of fruit rested on the table. There’s an alarm approached abruptly into his mind, coming like a customized reminder set on phone.

“Oh my. I need to go home now,” Kris said suddenly, wide awake while gazing at Tao who had done with his cooking, took two empty bowls from the shelves.

“Don’t worry hyung, I haven’t pack my things too. At least, eat breakfast with me first,” Tao said, while scooping rice into the bowls. He was frying rice with shrimps. After that Tao, put a bowl of the fried rice in front of Kris and sat at the opposite side of the table.

“Since today I was the one who cooked the breakfast, you still owe me three days as my slave,” Tao smirked. Kris gazed on his face while shoving the rice into his mouth.

“So, you’re being serious about the dare? I thought that you’re going to let it slip away since you behaved really well to me this morning,” Kris uttered while munching.

“Who said?” he laughed out loudly. “Yeah, not today. I know we have to pack things and prepare for the flight tomorrow. Busy,” Tao responded while devouring the food. He then gawked at the person in front of him.

“What? It’s up to you though,” Kris said after raising his eyebrows he paid attention on the food he was having.

“Alright then, let’s say that the countdown will start after we left the airport. In Prague.”

 

 

 

* * *

Yo yo yo guys what's up? So the chapter's highlight this time is Xiuhan, obviously. And yeah, the next chapter will be in Prague. Sorry for I've took a long time to update such a boring chapter. Thank you for reading, I hope that you guys could comment about the story and enjoy!