Moving on

LEAVING (Time boils the rain)

Kris had passed away. The media have made the news globally spread quickly after Luhan, his coach announced that he was dead after he was inactive in the sport and gone missing after half a year. South Koreans felt grieve of the loss of their beloved national basketball player and fans made more fansites after that to reminisce Kris. The atmosphere was really gloomy everywhere in the country after the news and the most affected one was, of course Tao.

3 years passed but Tao still couldn’t get rid of himself, thinking about Kris. Jongdae and Luhan were the ones who always take care of Tao, since Tao feared to live alone, especially after the case where sasaeng fans followed him into the apartment and secretly put a camera in the living room of his apartment. Since that incident, Jongdae always asked him to change his apartment but he insisted to stay, refused to leave the house that had brought so much meaning to him. Offered to have a security guard, he still refused. Jongdae did sleepover in Tao’s apartment sometimes, since Tao was always begging him to stay and accompany him. Jongdae didn’t always have the time to be on his side, so sometimes Luhan would go and sleep there too.

“Tao, you really have to move on. There’s no use to cry over someone who won’t be on our side ever anymore. He won’t come back,” Luhan said, already quite a lot of time.

“And you’re already a man. Please learn to be independent. People won’t be always come and take care of you.”

That nailed on his mind all the time. Refraining all the things that could make him remember of Kris, except for the house, Tao decided to move from that day on.

 

* * *

The next year, Autumn.

 

“Director-nim!” Tao called Yixing, who was sitting alone at one of the table outside of the cafe. They were far away from each other that he almost shouted.

“It’s been about 4 years now! Long time no see! How are you?” Yixing stood and they hugged as they were somehow close friends in the past. Both of them were sitting when a female waiter came approaching and took their order.

“Good. Haha, yeah, since these years you have been staying in China. It's been a while that I have not come back. So, how’s Beijing, Director-nim?”

“It’s Changsa, by the way. Everything’s good…aigoo, stop calling me director here. We are not working now, so off with the formalities. Anyway, we were already this close, having a brother-like relationship and you still call me director? Just call me hyung instead is alright for now,” Yixing uttered, delivering a smile. “Oh yeah, where’s your manager, Kim Jongdae?”

“Oh, I asked him to take a break for a week,” Tao answered. “Hyung! Let’s take a selfie now then! I’m gonna upload it in Instagram later and show it to my fans.” Tao smiled widely.

“Aigoo, we’ll take it later ok? I don’t feel handsome right now. Maybe after I’ve finished a cup of espresso, my face will improve a bit. I’m too tired. I slept late last night, hehe.”  

“Really? Sure, that’ll be fine. So hyung, why do you call me out of a sudden now?” Tao asked.

“Oh, since you are the among the top action hallyu star now, I really need you to act in my new movie. Here’s the storyline,” Yixing said while giving him a manuscript. He sipped his cup of coffee after giving him.

“It’s still an action movie. I hope you like it,” Yixing continued.

“High school? Haha! Do I look like a kid? A karate kid? Haha!” Tao laughed. Yixing smiled back, seeing the reaction of his dongsaeng in front of him.

“You doesn’t have to show your karate moves in this movie really, just some parts of immature school boys fights…”

“Erh, basketball?” Tao stopped reading and look at Yixing. “But I haven’t practiced for 4 years. I like the storyline but I don’t really like the basketball part. I think that if you cut that part off, for sure I will act in your movie,” Tao explained.

“But Tao, I really want you to act like a teenager, playing basketball. You know, these days, girls love guys who play basketball a lot. I can’t simply change that.”

“Hyung, I think I can’t,” Tao refused. He would really really like to say that he hates basketball but he was afraid of being so rude to someone who helped him a lot when he was a nobody before.

“I’m sure that you will like it, seriously. Please, help me. I’ll promise that you’ll like it. A lot. It makes you look hot though. And younger, I know you love to do some aegyo stuffs,” Yixing pleaded, showing some aegyo, despite he’s already near 30.

“Hmm, alright then. I’ve reconsidered this because you are my hyung,” Tao said, grinning. “By the way, who’s the other guy that I’m going to act with?”

“Oh yeah, he’s Kevin, but you probably won’t know him because he’s still a newbie. But he’s older than you. I’ve met him in China. He’s about your tall and good looking too. Don’t worry, he’s friendly. He just don’t really speak much at the first meet,” Yixing explained. His cup was already empty.

“Ok then. I think I need some coaching for those basketball scenes right?” Tao asked again.

“Ah, yeah I almost forgot that. Luhan hyung will be your coach, since I heard that you know each other, am I right?”

“Yeah, that’ll be alright.”

“That shouldn’t be a problem then. Ok, I think that’s all for now. See you next week. We need to discuss more with the production crew. Alright, take care,” Yixing said, going to leave the place.

“Eh wait, before that, let's take a selfie.” Tao grinned.

Yixing sighed.

 

* * *

 

Tao have already seated on a place at the middle of the meeting room. Jongdae and Yixing were there too, with the production staffs. They would start the meeting after 5 minutes but Luhan and Kevin didn’t seem to be around yet.

Suddenly, Luhan made his appearance. He was dressed like a coach, always dressed like a basketball player everywhere he goes.

“Annyeonghaeseyo, I’m Luhan, the basketball coach. Cheoeum boebgessseubnida!” he said and bowed to everyone in the room. Everyone stood and bowed as a reply.

“Luhan hyung, where’s Kevin?” Yixing asked.

“Oh, he’ll gonna be late for maybe 10 minutes. He said that we should start first instead of waiting him because he will be coming really soon,”

“Alright, let’s start then,” said Yixing gathered all the manuscripts on the table, put it aside and stood up. “Good morning all, I believe that all of you here have read the storyline I gave you last week. Our first shooting will be held in Daechi-dong, Whimoon High School. We won't have a problem with our props because the school has already sponsored their sports equipment. The school uniform will be sponsored by Ivy Club as well, so I think we just need to discuss about the scenes,” said Yixing, cutting it as short as possible. Suddenly someone came, knocking on the door.

A fair-skinned guy with large, mono-lid eyes entered the room, with a guy, taller than him wearing sunglasses.

“Minseok-hyung! Finally you come! We just started our meeting just now,” Yixing uttered.

“Really? Sorry everyone. I’m Kim Minseok, Kevin’s manager, nice to meet you all. I hope that we all can work well together,” Minseok said, ending his introduction. He sat down while it was Kevin’s turn to introduce himself.

“Hello everyone, my name is Kevin Li Jiaheng, and yeah, obviously I’m a Chinese (chuckled) but I’ve learned Korean since high school so of course I can understand Korean and speak really fluently,” he said after taking off his sunglasses. Tao was surprised to see his Kevin’s face after that.

“Nice to meet you all, I hope that all sunbaenims could teach me more in future as I’m still new to this career. Thank you,” Kevin said. After he had ended his speech, Tao could hear the ladies beside him, whispering to each other about how handsome Kevin looked like that time.

The meeting was going on but Tao just couldn’t take his eyes of Kevin. How could two people look really alike?

 

At that moment, Kevin looked at him and smiled widely. No. He mustn’t be Kris.

 

 

 

* * *

Hello again guys! How is the new chapter update? I hope that you all would like the story and thank you for reading! Please drop down some love or comments in the comment box below, and I would be really really glad hearing thoughts from you guys! Thank you! ^_^