What If

LEAVING (Time boils the rain)

“What if,” he stopped. “What if I am Kris?”

Tao blinked and straightened up, and then he looked at Kris deep into his eyes. Kris wasn’t sure if it’s merely his feelings or true that Tao’s eyes were getting teary.

“What do you mean by that?” Tao spoke softly, looking at him, seemed like in his entire life he had prayed that it was true, and his whole heart kept wishing that he hadn’t been wrong. That the one he was looking at was his Kris. But Kris had mistakenly conceiving over Tao’s eyes, thought that Tao wasn’t going to forgive him if he knew the truth.

“Wh- wh- what are you thinking? Of course I’m K-Kevin!” he stuttered and stood up, looking away. Kris put his arms across his chest.

‘Pabo, I shouldn’t have said such! What if he knew that I was lying to him? The hell I’ll be forgiven, even if it was me in his shoes, if I was treated the same way, I won’t forgive a person like me,’ he thought while biting his mouth. And then Kris trembled so hard, afraid that the truth could be surfaced really soon. He wasn’t ready yet, or would never.

“Of course you are, stupid,” Tao uttered. “What nonsense you’re talking about?” he chuckled.

Kris was standing there feeling as if he was the dumbest person on earth. Flabbergasted. He had no idea of what he was going to say next. He gaped his mouth, trying to say something but he looked like an aphonic. Hush.

Why did I say that?

But is it not the best time to tell him the truth?

He gasped. He looked away while Tao was trying to talk to him again.

Is it? He thought again and he stared into his eyes.

Eyes looking at each other. A pair of remaining eyes.

But then he deserves to know the truth. What should I do?

“Kevin. Hyung,” Tao muttered and exhaled softly while standing on his feet. Kris blinked, and was finally there on earth after drifting beyond time and space.

“You know, it’s lucky to have you around. Anything else doesn’t matter now,” he paused again. “I love you, hyung.” Tao spilled that out before he could curve a smile. Kris paused and wondered again.

It has been a while. And our friendship is better than ever. Why should I bring up the past since we are going to be better this way?

Kris had been dead so let him dead and gone. I’m now Kevin.

Kris smiled at first. In another second it abruptly swept off from his face. Completely.

WHAT?

“Wait, are you now confessing?” Kris raised up a brow and stepped back slightly.

“Tch,” Tao chuckled. “I’m being honest okay.”

“No! I mean, are you gay?”

Tao gaped his mouth so wide, so as his eyes that it looked like they were going off their sockets, “YAH! It doesn’t necessarily mean that way!” he shouted, nearly slapped Kris on his face but his hands just didn’t reach it. “Eww,” he cringed and stepped back.

“Haha,” Kris laughed. “Okay sweetheart.” He stood closer while caressing the others cheek. “Means that I’m your best friend ever? Like, no one on earth other than me? Forever?”

Tao nodded while feeling slightly disgusted. “Err, haha. Yeah. Forever.”

Kris laughed out hard and wrapped his arms around Tao’s neck tightly that he could hardly breath. And kissed Tao’s right cheek.

“I love you too. Now master, let’s have some ice cream,” Kris uttered in a high pitch voice while bouncing on the ground, walking away from the bench they were sitting. Tao were trying to free himself from Kris’s embrace.

“Hyung please don’t do this. People are looking at us.” He said while removing the latter’s arm off his shoulder.

“Why, afraid that people might think that we’re gay?”

“Why? Are you?” Tao stared at him.

“What if?" he uttered. "Let’s say that I am, then what you’re going to do?”

Tao stopped and stared at Kris. “Really?”

Kris smirked.

“Stay away from me! Not within a metre.” Tao cringed and quickly walked away.

“Hey!” Kris called out, still standing there.

“I’m warning you!” Tao looked over his shoulder. “Stay away!”

“So how about the dare?”

“From now on just forget the dare okay? You’re now free.”

Kris laughed and chased after the one who ran away. And wrapped his arms around the other’s shoulder.

“I’m just kidding, okay. And, I’m no longer your slave,” Kris chuckled. Tao had his eyes widened looking at the latter.

“Ah.” Tao was staggered. “Um...”

“You threw your things at me. Yesterday you asked me to wash your clothes and slept on my chest...”

“Please forgive me, hyung,” Tao gazed up, held the latter’s hand. “That was just because of the stupid dare,” he said while puckering his lips.

“Forgive me, ow?” he uttered while acting up some aegyo. Kris was looking at him, stern.

“Aww cute.” Kris finally spoke not long than a moment, because he couldn’t resist his cuteness. “Okay. You still deserve an ice cream.”

“Yehet!” Tao exclaimed.

Kris grinned. “By the way, sleeping on my chest is okay.”

“Haha, okay. Let’s do that often shall we?”

“Agree.”

Kris kept his head looking forward while walking before they reached an ice cream stall.

“Tao. I wonder who wrote that dare,” he uttered.

 

* * *

 

“Well, actually I was,” Luhan said while sipping his Americano.

“What?” Minseok stopped and paid more attention to what he was going to say next.

“I was the one who wrote the dare, resulting Kris as Tao’s slave.” He continued.

“Ah,” Minseok understood. “Motive?”

“It was simply a condition for the game. I’ve never thought that it was a really good one,” Luhan chuckled. “I mean, serves him right.”

Minseok coughed. “Thought that you forgave him already?”

Luhan looked at the latter. “Of course I don’t mind about that already,” he replied. “But have you ever imagined how big crime Kris had committed to Tao? For 4 years? Can you imagine that? And what it is to compare from being a slave for three days?”

“Fine,” Minseok uttered again. “What you have been doing isn’t right too, though.”

Luhan stopped and cringed his eyebrow as a sign of disapproval. “What is it?”

“Just stop disliking Kris. You know that it wasn’t all his fault. Stop blaming him like everything was his fault. No one is perfect, that is the reason why God always gave us a second chance to fix everything into its place again,” Minseok stopped talking. Luhan was stunned.

“Suho told you that?”

“Technically, yes, but I think that it is somehow right, don't you think so? I never thought that Kris’s plan disguising as Kevin would ever be successful,” he paused. Luhan signalled through his puzzled look.

“Well, if I were Tao, I won’t be deceived. Kris don’t look different after these 4 years, though he had his chemo and such. I mean, couldn’t he make a surgery first before starting his plan?” Minseok explained. “That was why I thought that God might have given him another chance.”

Luhan laughed. “Alright. Not bad, he has made you into a Christian huh? Suho the church guy?”

Minseok chuckled “Haha, not really.” And then he sipped his coffee.

 

* * *

 

It was on the streets where it was usually occupied by musicians. However today was quite a good day for both of them as only a few talented people occupied the ‘stage’, unless it was some hot dog sellers who were showing off their talent in promoting their products.

So it was crowded but they, the spectators have to be silent until the show was over. Jongdae was the one singing, and Yixing gracefully plucking the strings of his guitar, in their way to win over hearts of anyone who was trespassing. And to make sure that their tokens need to be in Yixing’s guitar case, not because they need money, but they need to evaluate on how good their duet performance was, on that particular setting. On that place which no one could even know that Yixing was a famous director and song writer, and Jongdae as a celebrity manager, whom undeniably has the vocal range as an opera lady.

“Thank you. Thank you,” as Jongdae expressed his gratitude as more people filling in the guitar case from what he had expected. When all the spectators left, Jongdae kneeled down and looked at the money they have collected from a show where they were the one performing.

“Oh my God,” Jongdae exclaimed. “Yixing, I need to quit as Tao’s manager and stay at this ing awesome place.”

“Right,” Yixing chuckled, “Good job, buddy,” as he tapped on Jongdae’s shoulder, and then he started to count the money. And at that very moment someone approached them.

“Asians?” it was a voice that abruptly averted their attention. Both of them looked at the one who uttered the voice.

“Haha, of course you both are,” and then he laughed. Jongdae and Yixing looked at each other, puzzled.

“Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Do Kyungsoo, obviously a Korean. And you’re?” he asked as he drew a hand to Jongdae.

“Kim Jongdae.” And then he drew his hands to Yixing.

“Zhang Yixing,” he uttered. And then the other looked so overwhelmed.

“Zhang Yixing? The famous songwriter and director?” he said.

“Yeah,” Yixing muttered. Oh my goodness, he knows me?

“I know you, you’re really famous in Korea,” he continued. Kyungsoo then took Yixing’s hands and kneeled in front of him.

“Please director, please make me into K-pop,” he begged. Yixing had his eyes wide and he looked at Yixing. Both of them looked at each other. Puzzled.

And soon after that someone approached them, gasping as if he had to run a mile away before he reached there. Someone tall with large glasses, in a grey coloured suit, and he was holding a guitar.

“Kyungsoo! What are you doing?”

“Yah! Go away. I won’t make a duet with you anymore. Never again.”

The latter who was gasping started to cry. Jongdae and Yixing looked at each other again.

 

 

* * *

I've wrote this in such a rush so I hope it's as good as what I've expected it would be! 

So that's the end of the chapter. More surprises coming up in the next chapter! Stay tuned!