|9|

The Loneliness of an Outcast
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sehun had called up his parents that night to inform them of his visit. The next day, he drove out as soon as he finished eating his breakfast and when he got to his parents house, he took a deep breath before pressing the door bell. After a moment or two, his mother answered the door, looking slightly concerned. "Sehunnie, you came by so early, is it something urgent?" she asked. They entered the house and they were met by his father in the living room. The three of them sat down and Sehun was nervous for the first time since he brought his first boyfriend home.

"Son, what is it that you needed to talk about?" asked his father.

"Mother, father, as you know I am attracted to men but I have found out recently that Sanghun is also like that. Now before you say anything, let me just tell you that the reason for his sudden outburst of anger last time was because you expected him to have a girlfriend..." He trailed off and continued to retell his parents what Sanghun had told him. Their face expressions showed that they were quite confused at first, but as Sehun explained further, their expressions seemed to soften and his mother ended up in tears. "Mum, why are you crying?" asked Sehun.

"I'm just glad that you boys are getting along again and you're not hiding things from us," she said as she placed a hand on her husband's thigh.

"Son, tell Sanghunnie that next time, he can come to us for help if he needs it. If we can accept our eldest, then we can accept our youngest too. It isn't so hard after the first time, but son, are you alright? You seem somewhat stressed out," his father asked.

"Oh, it's nothing, I just had my first real argument with Luhan-hyung that's all. I plan to set things right as soon as I get back home though," he answered.

 

He stayed to have lunch with his parents and after, he began his long drive back down to his place. He knew that he shouldn't jump into Luhan's face so quickly without thinking of some sort of plan first. He was almost home, but then he parked the car on the side of the road, "What am I doing? I should just go straight to him." He made a u-turn and began driving to Luhan's place instead.

When he got in front of the apartment building, he was once again feeling somewhat nervous. He parked his car, locked it, entered the building, waited for the lift, got in, pressed the floor number and waited until he got up there. He was completely unprepared for what he would have to face, but the thought disappeared as soon as he heard the sound of the lift coming to a stop. He walked down the corridor and soon was faced with Luhan's apartment door.

 

Luhan was listening to some very calming music and had watched several sad movies to have an excuse for himself about his tears. He never wanted anything to go wrong between the two of them, but as soon as Sehun did what he did, Luhan just couldn't deal with it. It had been enough for him growing up and getting beaten, but the people who beat and abused him had an acceptable reason - fear of the unknown. Luhan knew that Sehun was being irresponsible and harsh with his actions. He didn't have an acceptable reason to hit his brother - it was out of mere jealousy. One thing that Luhan had learned throughout his life was that jealousy and violence were not a very good combination when put together.

After watching the movies, he was just about to turn the volume of the calming music up higher when he heard his door bell ring several times. He stood still knowing that it was Sehun. He knew that Sehun was desperate to see him and ask for his forgiveness. Sehun was there so that he could take Luhan back, but there was something in Luhan that told him to turn up the music and continue with whatever he was doing - and ignore Sehun. He went into his bedroom and made sure that the music was blocking out the sounds of the door bell. When he was sure of it, he got into bed and fell asleep.

 

Baekhyun was getting slightly worried because there had been no sign of contact from either Sehun or Luhan. So, just as a safety precaution, he called Sehun. He was glad that Sehun picked up the call. "Hello?" he asked softly.

"Sehun, what's going on? Did something happen?" asked Baekhyun.

"Luhan-hyung isn't answering the door so I have been outside his apartment for

Please log in to read the full chapter