|6|

The Loneliness of an Outcast
Please log in to read the full chapter

Luhan felt bored for once. Genuinely bored. Normally he was too busy being anxious or stressed to be bored and other times, he would just be too tired to do anything. This time he felt bored. Why? It was because Sehun had gone to visit his parents for the weekend and Luhan had nothing else to do. He was so bored to the point that he was thinking to go out that day. As if his cries were heard, Baekhyun decided to call, "Hello?" he answered bluntly.

"Whoa hyung, are you okay? Are you feeling unwell?" asked Baekhyun.

"No, but I am so bored right now. This is unusual too, since I don't seem to have time in my life to feel boredom," he answered.

"Hyung, can I come over then? I don't have much to do right now either to be honest," asked Baekhyun.

"Sure, I'll text you the address. See you later." The call ended and after about ten minutes, Baekhyun was at Luhan's door. "Hey Baekhyun, that was really fast, were you in the area or something?" he asked as he closed the door behind them.

"Yeah, I didn't realise that you lived so close to Sehun's place. This is a really nice place you've got by the way," he commented.

"Well, I have been living here for a while but I try my best to keep it clean. Do you live far from here Baekhyun?"

 

The conversation between the two trailed off onto other everyday topics and at some point they decided to watch a film that Baekhyun had brought over. They switched off all the lights as Luhan tried his best to be open-minded as possible because it was a horror film. Although Baekhyun was the one who suggested the film and brought it, he was squeezing the cushions just as tightly as Luhan was to suppress their screams. It was now at a scene when the lifeless, bloody body of a little girl had been dragged under the floor boards. The mother watched on in horror as an eerie silence filled the room. Bang! A hand that was covered in blood, the skin dead and grey as a zombie climbed up through the floor boards and to the woman screaming in horror. Just as the woman tried to run away, the zombie grabbed her by the leg and pulled her down hard and fast under the floor boards that closed up automatically. There was another moment of silence and the two males screamed for the upteenth time when they heard one of their phones ringing.

Luhan tried to find his phone with shaky hands recognising the ring tone was his. He touched the answer button and said a shaky, "H-hello?"

"Luhan-hyung, are you alright?" asked Sehun.

Thank goodness it was just Sehun. "Uh, y-yeah I-I think s-so," he answered. He got up along with Baekhyun to switch all the lights back on and Luhan yelped when he nearly tripped over as he saw his distorted reflection in one of the containers on his kitchen bench.

Baekhyun caught him just in time as he said, "Whoa hyung, be careful," aloud.

"Is that Baekhyun-hyung? What are you guys doing?" asked Sehun.

"Us?" asked Luhan.

Baekhyun took the phone from Luhan, "Hi Sehun. We were just watching a horror movie together here at Luhan-hyung's place. We were both screaming like total girls and we screamed when we heard you calling Luhan-hyung's phone. That's also the reason why Luhan-hyung was stuttering. He almost fell as he saw his reflection on a container," he laughed. Luhan quietly snuck behind Baekhyun and grabbed his leg. Baekhyun screamed and covered his mouth when he realised, "Hyung! Why did you do that?" he exclaimed.

"That's payback for laughing at me! Me-rong!" he exclaimed. He grabbed the phone back from Baekhyun, "So what's up?" he asked.

"Oh, I was just letting you know that I will be early coming back. I'll be back some time tonight," answered Sehun.

"Why, did something happen?" he asked.

"Nothing you need to know about, it's just family stuff, I need to get ready to go. See you some time soon hyung!"

Sehun hung up before Luhan even had a chance to say goodbye. He knew there

Please log in to read the full chapter