|5|

The Loneliness of an Outcast
Please log in to read the full chapter

A few days had passed since the gathering and within that space of time, Luhan had gone to his job and worked. He didn't wear the blurred contacts anymore. He knew that his abilities were becoming stronger and now that he had accepting friends, he was going to try and figure out what they were. He didn't stay so cooped up in his apartment anymore either.

He was quite excited this particular morning though. He was going to go and meet up with Baekhyun, Tao and Kris at the park and just have a day out getting to know them. Baekhyun already knew everything about Luhan, so that was a plus, but Luhan still had to get to know the other two more. When they did meet up, the other three were surprised slightly when they saw Luhan with brown eyes.

"Are they contacts?" asked Tao.

"Uh-huh. I wear them whenever I go out," answered Luhan.

 

They all went together to the mall and hung out there. Thanks to the three of them, Luhan felt much more at ease being in such a busy place like the mall. However, he was finding that being dragged into stores by Baekhyun was more tiring than anything else. It was fun watching Baekhyun imitate and annoy Tao. The latter always trying to argue back and just not being bothered to fight any longer. Kris on the other hand was quieter and joined Luhan observing the other two.

At some point though, Luhan was literally being pulled by his arms. Tao and Baekhyun were trying to drag him into two stores at the same time. Thankfully Kris pulled Tao away and said, "Come on Taozi, let's go and have a look in the store." He looked back and winked to Luhan who was mouthing a thank you.

"Now, let's go in shall we?" suggested Baekhyun. Luhan smiled and followed him into the store. It was a clothing store for men and there were quite a few different things available.

As they were looking through a few of the racks, Luhan looked outside across the mall momentarily to see a very familiar tall blonde figure's back. He was talking to a young looking girl and his aura was a light pink. When he turned around slightly, Luhan knew he was right - it was Sehun. He was glad that there were plenty of people in the mall and he was covered up by the racks of clothing of the store, otherwise Sehun would have been able to see him.

He looked away just as Baekhyun turned to him and asked, "Hey, do you think this looks alright?" Baekhyun had picked out a simple sleeveless top that had a picture of a wolf on the front of it. The shirt was white and the wolf was a contrasting black and dark grey colour.

Luhan cocked his head to the side and looked over to another shirt, "I think this one suits you better Baekhyun." It was a baby blue coloured sleeveless top with the picture of a white pair of wings.

Baekhyun went over to a nearby mirror and compared the two, "Yeah, you're right. I just need to get it in the right size and find a pair of matching pants!" he exclaimed. It didn't take long before Baekhyun found a pair of torn black skinny jeans to go along with the top. He went with Luhan over to the cashier and bought the clothes before heading over to where Tao and Kris were. They didn't have to enter the store because the couple were finishing up with their payments and were also exiting the store. They hadn't realised how much time they had spent together that day.

It was already close to sunset and Luhan was getting slightly anxious. Although spending the day out with his newly found friends was a good thing, he was still unable to really open up to the night time. He bid them all a good night before heading home quickly. He was able to get home quite fast but when he got home and did his usual routine, he curled up in bed and couldn't figure out what he had seen. Sehun was with a young girl and he was smiling and laughing. Luhan could admit to himself that he was a tad jealous, but more than anything else, he was anxious and suspecting.

He knew that Sehun didn't seem to be the type to cheat on someone, but Luhan hadn't known Sehun for that long either. What if he was just a toy that Sehun could throw out? What if Sehun was just a really good actor? But Luhan was always accurate with the readings of auras. Not having many people around him made Luhan someone who had anxiety issues often. He just let it slide for now and just thought that it was all just his nerves.

 

The next day, Luhan had gone out to do some shopping. He only had a few things to buy and so he made his trip as fast as possible, but it happened again. A few streets away from him, Luhan could see Sehun and that same girl tog

Please log in to read the full chapter