|2|

The Loneliness of an Outcast
Please log in to read the full chapter

As Luhan got closer to the bathroom, he loosened the tie around his neck. When he got inside he could finally breathe again. Strangely, spirits avoided bathrooms of all places and never went anywhere near them. Luhan looked at himself in the mirror as he leaned against the basin of the sink with his hands. "What am I even doing here?" he asked aloud. He concentrated on calming down and washed his face to cool off.

When he got back out into the hall, he went over to the group of guests he was previously chatting with. He apologised for his behaviour and then excused himself from the party. He left the hall quietly and when he got outside, he was relieved to have some space to breathe again. For some reason there was a strange aura around the large hall that seemed to attract many spirits. Luhan looked back once at the hall and shook off the chills he had before turning away and beginning his walk back home.

As he began walking, he heard footsteps behind him and turned around to see that same young man from the park trying to catch up to him. He was curious as to why the young man had followed him, but then the other spoke first, "You're the guy from the park the other day, aren't you?" he asked. Now that Luhan could see him properly, the young man really was quite handsome.

"Yes I am," answered Luhan. He was proud of himself that he didn't stutter.

"Fancy meeting you here at this party, eh? I didn't get to introduce myself the other day, I'm Oh Sehun," he said as he offered a hand.

Luhan shook the outstretched hand and said, "Luhan, nice to meet you Sehun-ssi." Luhan was going to add something else to it, but then he saw more spirits that seemed to gather near the place and he began to panic slightly, "Uh, look, I-I need to g-get home soon and I think you might need to get back to your job so, um, it was nice meeting you Sehun-ssi." He bowed quickly and then began walking away. He walked as quickly and carefully as possible to get home without getting hurt. However, he did turn back once to see that Sehun's aura had turned a light pink colour mixed with a pit of clear red. That meant that he was feeling compassionate and loving towards someone, but also energetic and passionate. Luhan couldn't help but think that whoever the lucky girl - or guy - was, they sure had someone who was rather handsome.

 

In no time at all, Luhan had reached the lobby of the apartment building. He heard a car stopping nearby and just brushed it off thinking that a few other guests would have just come back as well. That thought seemed to disappear as soon as he heard his name, "Luhan-ssi! Wait!" the voice exclaimed. Luhan turned around to see Sehun there, running from his car towards him.

"Sehun-ssi, what are you doing here?" he asked. Now, Luhan was completely confused by this situation. Why did Sehun follow him back home?

"You left your phone in the bathroom." Sehun handed over Luhan's phone and smiled, "How did you forget something like that? Did you see a ghost in the bathroom or something?" he asked sarcastically.

"Not exactly," answered Luhan. He just laughed awkwardly to try and brush it off. "Well, thanks for that, but how did you know that it was mine?" he asked.

"I recognised it from the time at the park. Plus, not many people have an emerald green case for their phone," he answered.

"Right, well thanks Sehun-ssi, but shouldn't you be getting back and you know, working?"

"It was time for a swap over of the waiters," answered Sehun.

His aura had changed into a murky pink which meant that he was lying, "Sehun-ssi, you shouldn't lie to people you know.  Lying isn't a very good habit," stated Luhan. "Why didn't you just wait until after your job was finished?" he asked. Sehun looked slightly taken aback so Luhan took this chance to leave, "Bye Sehun-ssi, have a good night," he said. He quickly walked to the elevator and pressed the button. He waited a moment and then the doors opened up. He walked in and pressed the button for the twenty-fourth floor.

Luhan felt bad for scaring Sehun like that and it showed on his face. This was a reason why Luhan didn't get too close to other people, because he would scare them off at some point and they wouldn't want to be anywhere near Luhan. He had been called many things before, freak, alien, monster, someone was even scared enough to call him the devil. He wasn't surprised by Sehun's reaction, it had only been a long time since anyone had reacted that way in front of Luhan.

As the doors were closing, a pair of hands pushed them b

Please log in to read the full chapter