|11|

The Loneliness of an Outcast
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Luhan woke up, it was already dark outside. He could see the moon shining through the window in the bedroom. He slowly turned his head away from the window and saw a familiar head of hair in front of him, but there was a problem - Sehun had his back to Luhan. So, Luhan took this chance to hug Sehun from behind and snuggle up against him. When his hands got a hold of each other, he felt another pair of warm hands hold them. He felt Sehun shuffle around until the latter's face was buried in the crook of Luhan's neck, "Sehun, are you alright?" he whispered.

"Can we please just stay like this? Just for tonight?" he pleaded.

Although Sehun's pleas were muffled out from the closeness to Luhan's shirt, Luhan still heard Sehun loud and clear, "Of course, Sehun. Of course," he answered. He wrapped his hands around Sehun's neck and waist. He slowly pat Sehun's back in a slow calm pace so he could relax, but Luhan couldn't ignore the fact that Sehun was actually crying silently that night. It made him wonder what exactly was the cause for this out of character behaviour.

 

Luhan hadn't realised that he had fallen asleep once more and only realised when he felt the warm rays of the morning sun seeping through the windows. He opened his eyes and saw that they hadn't actually moved from their position from the previous night. He carefully slid his arm out from under Sehun's head and massaged it slightly. He moved down and saw that Sehun had slight dark circles from crying as well as looking slightly swollen.

He didn't realise that his hand had automatically gone to Sehun's face until the latter opened his eyes. "Oh, hey hyung," Sehun said groggily. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I did, but you sure didn't. You have swollen eyes and dark circles Sehun," he smiled, "Did you want to tell me what happened?" he asked. He cleared the hair away from Sehun's face and looked back down to his eyes.

"Hyung, you know what happened last night, when you got into that trance?"

"Yeah, and I remember what I said too thankfully," he added.

"Well, we called up my grandfather and we found out that he had been in hospital for the past couple of months. He had an asthma attack and didn't even tell us. Since he is old and all, the hospital has had to keep him on a ventilator. He tried to leave one time, but then his blood pressure was too high as well. We plan to visit him this afternoon," explained Sehun.

"Okay then, I'll stay here and wait around. Don't try to drag me along with you, it would be disrespectful to bring me of all people," demanded Luhan.

 

An hour had passed since the Oh's had left the house to visit their relative in hospital. Luhan didn't know what to do exactly and just wandered around aimlessly before taking a seat in the living room. Just as he was about to drift into a daze, he heard a knock on the door. He was curious so he went up to the door and opened it. He couldn't hide the shock from his face when he saw who the visitor was, "K-Kai?" He let go of the handle and subconsiously took a step back.

"Oh, hey Luhan-hyung. Um, is Sehun home?" he asked.

"Uh, no. The Oh's have gone to the hospital to visit Sehun's grandfather. I'm by myself right now. Uh...did you want to come in and wait for them?" he asked awkwardly. He did his best to avoid direct eye contact with Kai because of their previous encounter. He knew that Kai would take a while to come to terms with Luhan and Luhan would also need some time, but he was willing to try.

"Okay then, if that's alright," he agreed. He came in and joined Luhan in the living room. "So, um, what are you guys doing at the Oh's family house?" asked Kai.

"Mrs. Oh invited us over because she wanted to meet me...Kai, I've been meaning to tell you something," he said.

"Yeah hyung?"

"Thank you for helping Sehun and me. He told me that you helped him realise a few things, so thank you. I know it would have been difficult to do that considering we're not on the best of terms as yet," he answered.

"You're welcome. After hearing what you had said that day, I

Please log in to read the full chapter