Chapter 2

Beautiful Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When class is over we never, but never go home just like most students. Our place to stay after is school’s basketball field, correction bleachers. Today was not an exception. On our way out, a couple of kids were standing near the billboard. There were comments that I didn’t really understand.

“What is going on?” I questioned

One girl from second year turned around, took a good look at me then answered

“The school was bad on marketing, so it got sold. Through these days we’re going to get uniforms and lockers. We already have classrooms…”

“Okay, thanks”, Minah said and added “looks like the masked ball is not cancelled”

“We were supposed to have a masked ball?” I looked at her confused as ever.

Minah pulled me away from the crowd. She filled in with everything about the ball that is tomorrow night. We both got annoyed as the uniform thing was true. That means I got to wear a short skirt which doesn’t even reach near my knees, perfectly ironed shirt with school’s symbol on it and black shoes. First of all, I don’t wear skirts and the shirts I wear are not the type for school. Not to mention now I can’t wear sneakers but those nicely polished shoes. Most of us weren’t very delighted with this idea but of course there were people who love to show themselves out. Right now I’m talking about Queenkas, who will use this chance to show how pretty and hot they actually are.

“I don’t like this at all”, I mumbled not so amused by all the news

“At least the ball isn’t cancelled”, Minah poked my shoulder

“Seriously I don’t even want to go”

“Come on, Hayoung, it’s not worth staying home for the night”, Chaerin commented.

She was one of our friends. The new girl who loved parties and everything related to them. All the way to the bleachers both of them convinced me how I should go and have the time of my life. Of course my cute puppy dog face didn’t work because it’s the biggest fail in the world. Giving up, we just changed the subject and started talking about everything else until we saw an already known figure approaching us.

“Are you girls going on the masked ball?” the guy who was in cafeteria asked us

“Yup”, Minah answered faster than a bullet because it was the boy she shared a few smiles earlier before

“I’m up for some basketball”, I said and Chaerin nodded as she joined me.

We stood up and walked to the basketball court leaving Minah with the handsome boy with an angelic face alone. We were so into the game just like on math class. Our eyes were focused on Minah and the boy who was now more relaxed near her. They talked and joked around like they know each other for years already. But it had to end as the boy stood up along with Minah. Before leaving he pecked her cheek and waved goodbye while she was melting. Soon enough she was next to us, her cheeks had the pinkish color and a wide smile was on her face.

“And?” both Chaerin and I almost shouted at her

“And what?” she giggled

“You have nothing to tell us?”, Chaerin asked curiously

“Well his name is Jongup and he is so cute”, Minah answered while watching the group of guys playing basketball

“Yeah right, just look out he’s one of the popular guys”, I mumbled

“Hayoung, shut up and watch that basketball”, Chaerin said to me before completely turning to Minah for more details about Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter