Chapter 3

Beautiful Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already half past five when we started to get ready for the masked ball. I’m not even sure how I fitted in that dress but I have to admit it I looked good in it. For Minah and Chaerin I had no comment because they looked absolutely flawless.

“Let’s go crash the party”, Chaerin was already in the mood for the masked ball on the way to school.

The music was really loud. As we entered the school yard, nobody was paying any attention at us but soon enough a group of guys came.

“I was waiting for you”, one of them with his hair up and a blue mask on his face said to Minah.

She just returned with a smile, knowing too well who is it and I only was familiar with him. The rest of the group quickly went away and the guy pulled Minah away from us saying he’ll borrow her for a second. Soon enough they were lost in the mass of people, dancing the night away. It was just Chaerin and me with some boys from earlier.

“That’s Jongup!” Chaerin said in one moment when she realized

“Yeah! I knew it was him”, I managed to say.

I didn’t quite pay attention on what was she saying but I heard her giggle a few times. When I turned to her, she was already in deep talk with one of the boys from the group. He was tall but I couldn’t quite see his face. Looking around I saw other two boys also talking to girls. One was sitting on the bench, paying attention to how everyone is dancing to the rhythm of the song. The atmosphere was good but I was already bored. One of Chaerin’s favorite songs played and she went away on the dance floor with her mystery guy. Before walking away she took a glance at me in what I just nodded at her to go and enjoy her-self while showing with my hands I’ll go get a drink. I stood up and went in the different direction but no one even noticed.

In the school yard is a place where no one really goes. That’s the place behind the school’s gym. There is nothing special there, just an old fence which splits school’s land with football field and an old oak tree. When I need to be alone, I’m usually here. I sit on the fence, lean my back on the old tree and I listen how the wind blows and whispers stories from the neighborhood. Now it’s night and the full moon along with starts was pulling my attention more than the soft wind.

“I’m not the only one, who doesn’t like these things?” an unfamiliar voice stopped the silence.

His deep yet soft voice made me jump in surprise and after I turned around to see who was it. In front of me was a tall guy in black suit with a black mask which was covering a big part of his face.

“Obviously”, I said with a small smile on my face.

My reaction was slow but he took me by surprise, not to mention he scared me like never before.

“Is it okay if I sit down?” he asked pointing at the old fence

“Yes, of course”,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter