Chapter 6

Beautiful Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the day, at least the most time, we spent with Jongup and guys. Every little recess, some optional classes, time after school. On the weekend they went out a couple of times. Yes, they without me. I don’t really know who was there, all I know my face was meeting the book. Exams are already around the corner. Parents are already asking about it, thinking I don’t study. At dinner there is no “how was your day” questions. School is the only option for them. It was always like that ever since my brother got into high school. After he dropped out and left to follow his dreams, they became cruel. And this Sunday evening I got enough of it. Everything happened during that dinner. Getting my jacket, I just tended to get out of it. Not getting far from home, I found myself in the old part of the town. When you turn left near the toll store, you can find a small alley. With that little street you can get to the court, which was surrounded by graffiti. I couldn’t take it anymore. Sitting down near the small wall, I let my emotions take over me. I was crying, cursing the day they fought with my brother and sent him away. Soon enough, I calmed down and let a few more tear drops down my cheek.

“What are you doing there alone?” I heard a voice that sounded awfully familiar but I wasn’t sure who. Lifting my head up and wiped my tears away. In front of me was none other than Himchan.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, stuttering from crying

“I asked you that. It’s not safe for a girl… You cried?” he asked and I didn’t answer

“Get up, you’ll catch a cold”, he commanded this time and I still didn’t listen.

Himchan held my wrist and pulled me strongly that I got up right away, but I lost my balance and fell on him. He looked like he expected it so he caught us both. Not saying thanks or even a word, I turned around and tried to get away but he still held my hand.

“You’re not going anywhere looking like that” he talked strictly and I still kept quiet, couldn’t even dare to look at him

“Hayoung, talk to me!” he raised his voice, startling me in one moment.

Finally I lifted my gaze up, watching him with red eyes full of tears.

“Sorry, I had no intention to scare you… Just tell me what’s bothering you”, Himchan talked like he cares and I wondered where the jerk from school went. He was a totally different person.

“It’s a long story”, I said wiping my tears away.

In the distance we heard a gun shot, but in that part of the city.

“Let’s get out of here”, Himchan said walking the same way I came.

We stopped by the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter