Chapter 11

Beautiful Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m home!” I shouted out while taking my wet jacket off

“Hey. Daehyun called you”, mom said from the kitchen

I grabbed the phone and went up to my room. It was my dark little corner. I dialed the number I need and while it rang I throw myself on the pillows beside my window. It took a while until a familiar voice filled in my ear.

“Hello?” I heard Daehyun’s voice

“Hey, it’s me, Hayoung”

I spent the next couple of hours talking to him. It felt comfortable talking to him, hearing his laugh even though it was just on the phone. His voice was the amazing melody I loved to hear every single day. Daehyun said everything went okay last night as they got home safely. Then he asked about my night at Himchan’s place and I couldn’t stop thinking about what happened earlier. A heavy sigh left my lips. I started talking and Daehyun listened, laughing silently at some parts. We talked until my dad came to my room, telling me to hang up and come downstairs. So I did.

“I see you came home”, dad commented

“Yes, I did”

“Where were you last night?” he asked me, with a different tone of his voice

“At Chaerin’s”, I lied

“What if I knew you weren’t?”

“But I was”

“I saw her parents in the center. They told me that you were all at Minah’s. Then in the same center I noticed you, before the storm. You were in some group”

I stayed quiet. Dad caught me lying. Soon enough I was sent away, of course grounded. I couldn’t go out and 20 minutes after my school is over I have to be home. So I sent a message to Minah and Chaerin, although I knew they won’t see it anytime soon, that there is an important meeting in my room. They should come as soon as they get over last night.

On the other side of the city, three kids showed off that childhood games aren’t old for them. Pillows were everywhere around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter