My DDANGKOMMA!!!!!

Of crushes and teasing friends

~ UPDATE YAY :3 it prob won't be a double update cause 1. School 2. Sick so :3 SORRY ~


"Woohoo! Practice was so fun today!" Donghae exclaimed as he plopped down on the sofa.

"Yeah!" Eunhyuk nodded, sliding into the seat next to donghae.

"It was super fun, but super tiring." Henry sighed as he took up the last seat on the sofa.

"Seriously guys, one day you're gonna wear out the springs or something." Hangeng joked as he headed to his room. He reached for the handles before realizing that heechul might be inside. He froze for a moment and retracted his hand before once again stretching it outwards.

The butterflies in his stomach were fluttering so fast they seemed more like a swarm of bees buzzing around, making him feel sick to the core. Simply put, he was a nervous wreck.

On the other side of the room, heechul jumped up from his positron on the bed, grabbing a random book as he heard the door knob turn. He placed a hand over his heart, willing it to stop beating so hard and calm down. He'd been on pins and needles ever since his talk with Leeteuk, and when he heard the main door open he'd planned out what he would say to hangeng.

But at the sight of the man in questions, his sentences broke apart and his words disappeared from his vocabulary.

"Hi..." Was all he could say. He mentally face-palmed.

"Urm hi." To say the atmosphere was awkward was an extreme understatement. The two were so quiet you could almost hear a pin drop.

"Urm... It's your turn to... Urm cook today right?" Heechul asked, attempting to make conversation and break the silence.

"Yeah." Hangeng simply replied. Heechul's heart dropped. Why was it so awkward? They'd NEVER been awkward. In fact, heechul had got along with hangeng so well it was weird. Hangeng, on the other hand felt sort of bad, so he tried to amend his words.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked, giving heechul a weak smile.

"Anything... Whatever you cook." Heechul said quietly in response. Hangeng sighed. Where did the diva heechul go to?

"Ok then." Hangeng replied.

"I was right. He doesn't like me..." The two mumbled softly.

"What?" They asked at the same time, both having heard a muffled sound come from the other.

"Nothing." They replied together, turning away as they blushed at the coincidence.

"Hey Chul-ah why are you so awkward today?" Hangeng asked, attempting to lighten the mood. He'd decided that if heechul didn't like him back, the least he could do was maintain their relationship as friends.

"Me? Awkward? I think YOU'RE awkward." Heechul replied. 

"Wait what?" The two laughed as they sat down on the bed.

"Are you serious? You're so bad at acting, heechul." 

"What? Did you just insult me?"

"Yeah. Seriously, chullie. You're holding the book upside down." Hangeng pointed out. Heechul looked down at the book in his hands. His cheeks burned with embarrassment.

"Shut up. I'm learning to read upside down." Heechul defended as hangeng raised an eyebrow at him. Really, heechul's excuses .

"UHUH... I see you're trying to learn Chinese too." Hangeng chuckled.

"Wait what?"

"Look at your book." 

" it's Chinese."

"Glad you realized. It's mine by the way."

"... Ok." 

"That's funny. Ok I gotta go cook now. You wanna come along or stay here and wait?" 

"I'll wait. I won't be of much help. In fact, I'll probably wreck the kitchen. So..."

"Yeah you know what, stay here."

"YAH!"

"Too baddd!!!" Hangeng sang as he went out the room.

"Aish that hangeng..." Heechul said as he sighed and smiled bitterly.

<< In the kitchen >>

Hangeng opened the fridge door, only to be met with eggs. Seriously. There was nothing inside.

"Ryeowook-ah..." He called as the younger popped his head into the kitchen.

"Yeah, hyung?"

"Are you in charge of grocery shopping?"

"Yeah! Why?" Ryeowook asked, cocking his head to the side in confusion. Hangeng sighed as he pulled the fridge door open.

"Oh!!! Haha sorry hyung!" Ryeowook apologised, smacking his own head.

"Nah it's fine. I'm just glad there's actually rice." Hangeng smiled, patting the younger's head.

"Hehe yeah. Do you need help, hyung?"

"Hmm... Yeah, how much rice do I cook?"

"I can cook the rice for you."

"It's fine, wookie. I don't want to bother you. You should go rest."

"Nah. I don't mind. Take it as my apology for not going grocery shopping." Ryeowook smiled.

"HAHA ok then. You cook the rice. I'll dig around for some ingredients." Hangeng said as he rummaged through the drawers while ryeowook washed the rice.

"What are you doing?" Hangeng asked as he saw the younger collect the rice water in a bowl.

"Oh. It's for heechul-hyung. He says he needs it for his skin." Ryeowook replied.

"Haha that diva." Hangeng commented as he lay the things he found on the counter.

"YAH I HEARD THAT!" Heechul's voice rang out from inside the room.

"Whatever." Hangeng replied as he went back to cooking.

"Hyung I'll go check something first, okay?" Ryeowook asked after he'd loaded the rice into feh cooker and set it on on.

"Haha ok. You don't have to help me anymore, actually. Go rest." 

"Ok. If there's anything just call me. I know this kitchen like the back of my hand."

"Hahahah ok." Hangeng laughed as he went back to chopping the vegetables.

"Oh I forgot it was your turn to cook today. Whatcha cooking, hyung?" Sungmin asked as he bounced past the kitchen.

"Beijing fried rice. And soup."

"What soup?"

"... Urm. There's only vegetables and fish. So I guess fish soup?"

"Ahhhh ok!!!!! I'm looking forward to dinner, hyung!" Sungmin said as he continued on his way. Hangeng let out a small laugh and turned back to his pot of water which was sitting somewhere on the stove.

"OH MY GOSH HANGENG HYUNG HAVE YOU SEEN DDANGKOMMA?!" Yesung shrieked as he ran into the kitchen, arms flailing about in the air.

"Ddangkomma?" Hangeng asked, confused. Who or what was ddangkomma?

"His turtle." Ryeowook said as he entered.  

"Yesung... What color is your turtle?"

"Green. Have you seen him, hyung? Have you?"

"In fact I have." Hangeng laughed, amused.

"WHERE?!" Yesung asked. Hangeng pointed to the pot behind him.

"YOU COOKED HIM?!!!!! OH MY GOSH MY POOR DDANGKOMMA. WHY HYUNG?!" Yesung mourned as he approached the pot. Hangeng just laughed.

"You cooked his turtle?" Ryeowook asked.

"No." Hangeng said between his laughter.

"Then?" 

"OH MY GOSH MY BABY IS ALIVE!!!!!!" Yesung shouted. Ryeowook and hangeng looked at him before advancing towards the pot, where they found a happy green turtle swimming around in the water, munching on some of the vegetables inside as it waded around.

"Yes he is. Now take him back. I need to cook." Hangeng smiled as he filled a bowl with water and handed it to yesung, who fished the small thing out of the pot.

"Yay THANKS HYUNG!" Yesung smiled.

"Hahah. Take this too, I can't cook it anymore. Unless you want to eat it's saliva." Hangeng said as he dumped the vegetables into the bowl for the turtle.

"YAY THANKS!!! Come wookie help me with ddangkomma!" Yesung said as the pair headed to their shared bedroom. Hangeng smiled, finally being left in peace. He dumped the dirty water and re-filled it before putting it on the stove once again.

Finally, after an hour, dinner was done.


Hey hey hey sorry for the sort of angsty hanchul? Idk I felt sad ok > < *cries* and to lighten the mood I added the turtle LOL 

also random sidenote: the story itself is 1234 words long!!! Sorry I'm lame but HEH :3

please comment/subscribe!!!! :3 <3