Cp. 14

Fake Boyfriend

Cp. 14

Taeyeon blinked her eyes for a moment, unsure of the sudden thrown question by Tiffany. She then cleared after quietly munching her food.

“This what?”

“This…” Tiffany’s eyes were searching around, trying to find a suitable word. But she ended up just pocking her food. “I don’t know…”

Taeyeon had to smile at her best friend’s attitude.

“Well, what’s wrong for being kind?” She questioned with a smile. “To add the fact, it’s you who I care about,” Taeyeon tilted her head and shrugged. “I find it hard to do the otherwise.”

Tiffany’s eyes were trailing up before finally met with her best friend’s gaze. She couldn’t help but smile as well. Taeyeon’s smile was contagious.

“I-“ She was about to talk but,

“Oh hold on,”

Taeyeon gestured her to wait for a moment as she tried to reach for the sudden ringing device. She took a look at it and smiled, “Umma.” She said quickly to Tiffany before answering it.

She gazed at her and noticed how bright Taeyeon’s face was when she got the chance to talk to her family. Tiffany put her head down and resumed to eat again. She suddenly missed her own family.

“Really?”

Taeyeon engulfed into a good 3 minutes of talking before she asked her mother. “Can Tiffany come?”

Tiffany blinked her eyes, she saw Taeyeon’s smile. “Of course she wants to,”

Taeyeon pulled her phone off her ear, “You want to, right fany?” She grinned before placing it back on her ear. Obviously didn’t need to wait for the answer. Tiffany could only stare at her in disbelief. “Yeah she said yes, it just that, she is still eating so it kinds of hard to get a proper reply.”

She heard Taeyeon say and rolled her eyes at the remark.   

“Yeah umma, as soon as possible. Bye. I-I love you too.”

She heard the timid answer and chuckled at how awkward Taeyeon sounded. “Still didn’t get used to show affection? Even towards your own mother?”

Tiffany said after she saw Taeyeon ended the call. "You sure do not change."  

Taeyeon shrugged. “You know me,” She resumed eating as well. “And it doesn’t mean that I don’t love them. It's just my way. Action speaks louder than words right?”

“You are right.” Tiffany nodded. “Oh, and what with the sudden invitation? I didn’t even get a chance to speak you little devil. At least let me know” She raised an eyebrow. “So, what is it about?”

“Jiwoong oppa is going to introduce his girlfriend in front of the family on Christmas.” Taeyeon grinned; she clapped her hands in delight. “I can’t wait to .”

“And why do I need to be there as well?" She quickly added. "Don't get me wrong, I mean, it’s family related. Kind of personal Tae.”

“Don’t you say that.” Taeyeon calmly commented. "It’s because you’re part of the family too. My family is yours too. Got it?”

Tiffany nodded.

“Besides, we can practically bully him as well, like the old times.” She witnessed Taeyeon’s growing smirk that altered into a soft smile the moment later. “You don’t mind? I mean if you already have plan, I’m okay with myself that's it." She ended it with a grin.

Honestly, Taeyeon just didn’t want to leave Tiffany alone. The thought of leaving her could only set her in worry. They were inseparable since kids. And after she acknowledged the fact about Tiffany’s family, she just didn’t want her to feel down. Although, Tiffany would never show it.

“Thanks, I’m up. Once again, thank you for the offer.” Tiffany beamed. “I really appreciate it.”

“You sure be thankful,” Taeyeon chortled. “Because this awesome girl is your bestest ever friend in this entire world.” She pointed to herself with a proud smile that was hanging on her lips. “Who understands you better than yourself.”

Tiffany could only shake her head, ignoring the fuzzy feelings she felt a minute ago.

***

“Oh my god..”

She heard a mutter behind her and turned around to see where the source of voice which belonged to, but immediately flinched when she saw who the person was.

Dammit

“TIFFANY!!”

I knew it!! It was a bad idea to come to this café!! I could feel it!!!

She was pulled forward by the excited person into a bear hug, as this person kept on squeezing her as if she was kind of fluffy stuff. The latter however, could only shut her eyes in pain while mumbling a prayer. Spare my bones juseyo.

“L-luhan I can’t-“She managed to squeak albeit low because the hug really affected her breathe ability.

“Oops” Luhan immediately let go of her with a sheepish grin, “Sorry, I got too carried.”

Tiffany huffed in relief; hands were massaging her sudden sore arms, thanks to Luhan’s tight grip.

“Long time no see!!!!”

He boomed loudly and pulled Tiffany towards his table. “Sit here, we need to catch up!!”

Luhan grinned and the girl who now, was sitting in front of him could only put a small smile. We only met once, yet he talked like we were long lost best friends.

Somehow, Tiffany found it funny and shook her head at the thought. She saw Luhan was taking a glance behind her.

“Are you alone?”

“No.”

“Are you with your best friend?”

“Yes.”

She saw Luhan’s smile was growing wider and she rather figured it out. “Where is he?”

Gotcha.

“I’m sorry but Taeyong isn’t here.”

“But you said you are with your best friend.” Luhan’s lips immediately formed a pout at the revelation.

“Yes but now, I’m with my other best friend. And no it’s not Taeyong. It’s a she and her name is Taeyeon.”

A clear disappointed face was welcoming her the moment she finished talking, and Tiffany wanted to laugh at it. It was surprisingly funny. “So Luhan, what are you doing here?” 

***

Meanwhile in the other side of café, Taeyeon found herself freeze on her feet. The grip around her coffees tightened as she kept on staring at the person her best friend was talking to. There was no mistaken. That person was Luhan and all she wanted to do was run as far as she could from this very place. She walked back into the nearest table, placing the coffees as she ran her fingers around her pocket jeans rather hastily. In a flash successfully grabbing her phone that was inside it, Taeyeon then typed like a mad woman to the particular person.

“FANY GET OVER THERE!!”

Tiffany got the message and could only frown at the sudden order. She glanced at the counter but did not find the one she was looking for. “Why? Where are you anyway?”

She texted back, eyes still lingering around the café to find her best friend. The occupant in front of her noticed the gesture, resulting him to roam around as well. “What are you looking for?”

Tiffany’s eyes widened, she had finally realized.

Don’t tell me-

“LUHAN IS HEREEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I DON’T WANNA MEET HIM!! IT’S FREAKING AWKWARD AS HELL!!!!!!!!”

That was Taeyeon’s message. And Tiffany could only chuckle, she assumed that Taeyeon was traumatized by him.

“Silly, the one he met was Taeyong and not Taeyeon.” She responded back and quickly called her after sending the message.

“So, kindly come here-”

She finally spotted the hidden figure and smiled, noting how scared her face was.

“Taeyeon.”

Luhan was following Tiffany’s line of sight and waved his hands. “Hi!” He smiled after seeing Taeyeon made her way to their direction, nervously. He sensed it and tried to set her at ease, he greeted the frozen girl. “My name is Luhan.”

He offered his hand, which Taeyeon shook awkwardly after placing their orders. She couldn’t get rid of their first encounter. He was boldly hitting on her when she happened to be a guy there. That was really something.

“My name is Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon.” She faked a smile as she turned to meet Tiffany’s playful smile. Taeyeon grunted at her predicament.

“Have a seat!” The guy exclaimed. She did and took a seat far enough from Luhan, just so she could distance herself. Taeyeon felt a hand on her thigh; she snapped her eyes to Tiffany who sat beside her —whispering. “It’s okay.” She heard the words and immediately relaxed. “He doesn’t recognize you, so rest assure.”

“So, Taeyeon.”

She quickly looked over him. “Do you happen to know Taeyong?”

Taeyeon nodded her head slowly, she was unsure with what Luhan was going to ask.

“Are you related to him?”

Darn it.

Tiffany widened her eyes almost in an instant, as she didn’t expect him to ask that while Taeyeon was already stunned on her seat.

“Because somehow, I find both of you similar.”

***

“I’m sorry if what I assume is wrong, but can I ask you something regarding this matter?”

Luhan was examining everything throughout the talking and he came to the point, he smell something was going on. Tiffany raised an eyebrow, but nodding her head nevertheless. She took a sip of her iced coffee before responding,

 

“Sure, go ahead.”

 

He lunged forward and asked in a low tone where he sure that only Tiffany who could hear it. Luhan noted that Taeyeon was still in the counter to make another order and he calculated that at least he got a plenty of time to ask this question. He cleared his throat before asking a question that made Tiffany spurt her drink the moment he finished talking.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

Tiffany sensed something was coming, so she took another sip again to make her feel at ease.

 

“Are you….. err… gay?”

 

That words. That damned words surely made Tiffany cough violently as she gasped for the air.

 

“W-what????”

 


 

Aloha~~

Sorry for this super duper freaking late update, I hope you don't mind ;)

And this albeit short update as well, I hope I didn't disappoint you :))

Thank you for those who took so much time to read this. I really really do appreciate it :)))

Till the next time~ Have a nice day everyone ^^