8

Complications and Rivalry [Senior Year]

You arrived home to find Yixing asleep on the couch; it was just 8pm.

“Aw, my poor brother must be really tired.” You walked to him and started poking his dimple which shows whatever he does, even when not smiling.

He stirred in his sleep, and finally woke up after a few turns. “Oh, you’re home.” He rubbed his eyes.

“I’m sorry, gege. You shouldn’t have waited for me. You look really tired.”

“No, it’s alright. Have you eaten?” You shook your head. “Let’s eat. I made dinner for us.”

 

“So, how is L.Joe’s mom doing?” He asked while you two were eating.

“She has a heart disease that makes her body weaker as days pass. If they can’t find a donor as soon as possible, she might…die.” You explained.

“L.Joe must be so depressed.”

“He is. Very.” You nodded.

“I never thought we would meet them again. It could be fate.”

“He confessed to me, gege.” You told him, you thought he can be of help.

“W-what? Woah, Sehun was right. That guy was interested in you. What did you say?”

“He knows Myungsoo is my boyfriend. They know each other and they’re good friends. Myungsoo doesn’t know L.Joe likes me. He said he wants to show me how he feels for me even though I am already taken.”

“I can smell dilemma, sis.”

“I know…I don’t know what to do.”

 

“Good morning!” Myungsoo greeted as you walked out of the apartment.

“Morning!” You kissed him. “How was last night?”

“We had a lot of fun. Sunggyu-hyung and C.A.P were in charge of the bills, but since the food maniac Ricky consumed a lot, they didn’t pay for him. He ended up washing the dishes. We also went to the arcade. You should join us next time.”

“Aw, poor Ricky. Yeah, I’ll make sure of that.”

“Hey, Xiao! Myung, can we borrow her for a while?” Minyoung and Jihyun were waiting for you at the school gates.

“Yeah, sure. I’ll see you later.” He gave you a kiss before heading to the classroom.

“Girls, what’s up?” You asked.

“You have to explain about last night.” Minyoung said. Your eyes widened. How did they know?

“We asked Yixing-hyung if you arrived safely last night, but he said you were out with L.Joe. You’re lucky we didn’t say anything to your boyfriend.”

You sighed. “It has something to do about his personal problem.”

“You know about it?”Jihyun asked. You nodded. “Woah, among the Teen Top boys, only Chunji knows about it.”

“I can’t tell you guys about that, but I can tell you something else that happened last night.”

“What is it?” Minyoung asked.

So, you told them about L.Joe’s confession and the conversation on your way home.

“I can sense your Senior year having so much drama.” Jihyun commented.

“Don’t worry, girlfriend, we’re here for you.” Minyoung patted your back.

“Thanks. You guys are the best.” You hugged them.

 

You were getting your things from your locker when a hand covered your eyes.

“Myung—” You removed the hand, but it was L.Joe. “Oh, sorry. I thought…”

“It’s alright. Let me help you carry those.” He grabbed your books and went inside the classroom.

“L.Joe…I can carry those.” You called.

“But I want to help you.” He put your books on your desk and pinched your nose before heading to his seat.

“What was that about?” Myungsoo asked as you sat on your seat.

“Just L.Joe…being weird.” You shook your head.

“I’m getting jealous.” He pouted.

“Stop that.” You chuckled. “I’m your girlfriend, Kim Myungsoo. You own me. There’s no reason to be jealous.”

He smirked. “That sounds good coming out of your mouth. You’re my girlfriend. I own you. You’re mine.”

“That’s the point.” You said. He kissed you; you smiled and kissed him back.

“No Public Display of Affection in class.” Sungyeol kicked Myungsoo’s chair.

“Says who? You’re just jealous.” Myungsoo meronged at him.

The teacher finally arrived. “Class! I have some announcement! Listen. We’ll be having a project which has something to do with your fieldtrip on Saturday next week. I will group you and whoever you get as a partner will be your buddy on the fieldtrip. No switching.”

The class cheered upon hearing about the fieldtrip, completely forgetting about the project. The teacher started announcing the partners.

“Bang Minsoo and Lee Sungyeol…Lee Sungjong and Lee Minyoung…Lee Chanhee and Kang Jihyun…Lee Byunghun and Zhang Xiaoyu…” Myungsoo gaped. “Kim Myungsoo and Kim Doyeon.”

“What?!” He shouted.

“Is there a problem, Kim Myungsoo?” The teacher asked.

“N-no, ssaem.”

“Good luck.” Sungjong and Sungyeol which made him glare at them.

“I can’t believe this.” Myungsoo said. “I’m sure she’s having a party in her head right now.”

“Aigo, we can’t do anything. The teacher paired us.” You patted his back.

“Plus, L.Joe is your partner.” He pointed. “Why can’t it at least be Sungjong?” He groaned.

“What is that supposed to mean, hyung?” Sungjong glared at him. Myungsoo ignored him.

“Should I ditch the fieldtrip? I’m sure she’ll still do the project and put my name on it.”

You hit his arm. “Yah, how could you?”

“I was just kidding! I don’t want to be stuck with her.” He frowned.

“Don’t worry, it will just be for once.” You tried to cheer him up.