7

Complications and Rivalry [Senior Year]

The two of you finally arrived at the hospital and went to his mom’s room.

“Omo~ is that Xiaoyu?” She beamed.

“Ne, annyeonghaseyo, eomeoni.” You bowed.

“How did you find her?” She asked L.Joe.

“She’s surprisingly studying in my new school.”

“That’s good to hear! You and our Byunghun can have more time together!”

You and L.Joe awkwardly looked at each other.

“Ah ne…eomeoni, you should get well soon, ne? We can have fun again just like before.”

“Aigo, I don’t know if we can still do that. I would like to do so, but with my condition right now, it seems impossible.”

“Don’t think like that. You’ll be fine. You don’t want to leave Byunghun and your husband alone, do you?”

“Xiaoyu-ya, I really like you, darling. If I ever leave this world, please take care of my Byunghun, huh? I trust you. I can see that he likes you and I approve of you two. I just don’t know why he’s being a coward and not asking you out.”

“Eomma~” L.Joe whined.

“You two look really cute! I would like to see your wedding and my grand children in the future.”

“You’re going to see them, mom. You’re not going to die. I told you not to speak and think like that. You will be fine.” L.Joe said before walking out of the room.

“Don’t worry, eomeoni. He just loves you and doesn’t want you to leave them. But he’s right, you’ll be fine.”

“I just want to be prepared for whatever is ahead. It will hurt more if we don’t accept the truth. Please take care of him, sweetie.” A tear ran down her cheeks. You wiped it away with your thumb and nodded.

“I’ll just talk to him.” You told her and went outside of the room.

L.Joe was sitting on the bench. “Hey. Didn’t I tell you she’ll be sad if she sees you cry?”

“Every time I visit her, she’s always like that.” He sighed.

“If she keeps on telling things like that, just ignore it, and tell her positive things.” You patted his head.

He grabbed your hand and smiled. “Xiao, thank you…very much.”

“No need to thank me. Your mom is like my mom too.”

“C’mon, let’s tell her we need to go. I don’t want Yixing-hyung to scold me for bringing you home late.”

You two entered the room. “Mom, we need to go now. I’ll come back tomorrow.” L.Joe kissed his mom’s cheek.

“Eomeoni, I promise I’ll pay you a visit regularly. I hope you’re doing better when I get back.” You hugged her.

“Sure thing, dear. You two take care on your way home.”

“Ne~”

 

On your way home, L.Joe broke the silent atmosphere.

“By the way, I apologize for the nonsense things mom was saying earlier. She doesn’t know you have a boyfriend already.”

“It’s alright. About your confession…”

“Look, Xiao, I don’t want to be a bad guy who will steal a girlfriend of someone else, especially a close friend of mine. I really like you, but I know I don’t have a chance. I want you to know my feelings for you.”

“I don’t want to hurt you. You’re a special friend.”

“You won’t hurt me. I’m the one who will stupidly hurt myself. I at least want you to know how much I like you.”

“Myungsoo will see you as a rival. I don’t want to break your friendship with him.”

“He already has you. If he sees me as a rival, that means he can see that I have potential to steal you away from him, which is false because it is him who you like not me.”

“…I don’t know…”

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

*I don’t know, L.Joe. I can be hurt too. Myungsoo may be my boyfriend, but I’m scared that I might have feelings for you too.* You sighed.