13

Complications and Rivalry [Senior Year]

The next day, you were finally back in Seoul. Yixing was waiting for you at the school gates.

“Gege~!!!” You ran and gave him a bear hug.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Yixing-hyung.” L.Joe bowed.

“Oh hi, L.Joe.” Yixing got your things from L.Joe. “How’s your mom?”

“I was just about to pay her a visit.”

“Do you mind if we join you? I haven’t seen your mom for a while now.”

“Sure! Let’s go.”

 

“Oh my, kids! You just got back from your fieldtrip. You guys should’ve taken a rest first.” His mom said. “You’re Xiaoyu’s brother right?”

“Ne, annyeonghaseyo.” Yixing bowed.

“It’s been a while.” She said.

“How are you, eomeoni?” You gave her a hug.

“I’m fine now, darling. I can leave after a few weeks.”

“That’s good to hear, eomeoni.” Yixing smiled.

“Are you taking your medicines, mom?” L.Joe asked.

“Yes, Byunghun. Don’t worry; your appa always makes sure I take them.”

“Speaking of appa, what time does he come here?”

“He arrives every 7 in the evening and waits for me to sleep before leaving.”

“Hyung and Xiao, you can go first, I’ll stay here and accompany mom until dad arrives.”

“Is that so? We’ll be taking our leave then. It was nice to see you again, eomeoni.” Yixing bowed.

“Aigo, Xiaoyu, you’re brother is so polite. You can be comfortable around me, son. Just like Xiao, treat me as your own mom, ne?”

“Ne, eomeoni.” He shyly smiled.

“He’s really like that, eomeoni. See you again soon.” You kissed her cheek. “See you tomorrow at school, Byung.” You said before heading to the door.

 

You and your brother were happily chit-chatting about the things you missed while walking home. When you two arrived, you noticed Myungsoo waiting in front of your apartment.

“Can I take her to the park for a while, hyung?” He said with an emotionless voice.

“Sure. I’ll just wait for you in our room.” Yixing told you before entering the apartment.

You two walked to the park in awkward silence. You sensed that there’s something wrong so you decided not to speak up. When you arrived at the park, you sat on a bench.

Myungsoo handed you three pictures, pictures of you and L.Joe. Your eyes widened. You started to feel nervous. You’re scared how this conversation will end.

“Doyeon gave me those.” He spoke up. “She said the first picture was taken when you lied about Yixing-hyung asking you to go home early, the second was when you two were playing at the river, and the last, when you two kissed last night.” Tears were already rolling down his cheeks. “I witnessed that myself. I saw and heard everything.”

“H-how…” You trailed.

“I don’t know how she took those photos either. She just said she has her ways.”

You started to cry as well. You don’t know what to do nor say.

“I want to hear all your explanations, because I don’t want us to misunderstand without hearing each other’s side. But last night…” He cried harder.

“Myung-ah, like you heard last night; I don’t know what to do either. I don’t want to hurt any of you.”

“Then choose one. I’ll give you some time. Look, I love you, Xiao. I’ll respect whatever your decision will be.”

“You’re making me feel guiltier than I already am.”

“I love you, I really do. Please, I can’t afford to lose you.” He kissed your forehead before leaving.

 

You arrived home looking like a mess.

“Zhang Xiaoyu, what happened to you?!” Your brother panicked.

You immediately hugged him and cried hard. “Gege!!!”

“Shhh, let it all out.” He patted your back.

You two sat on the sofa, and you told him everything. After crying for hours, you fell asleep in your brother’s embrace.

“I’m sorry, my dear sister. Yixing-gege can’t help you with your problem. All I can do is to listen, to comfort, and to cheer you up. Only you yourself know the answer to that. Your strong, baby sis, you can overcome this.” He kissed your forehead and carried you to your room.