1

Complications and Rivalry [Senior Year]

It was your summer vacation before your Senior year starts. You were in Jeju with your brother and his group. The plane ride and the road trip to the hotel were very chaotic with twelve crazy boys. Suho’s family owns the hotel, so you guys easily checked into four rooms: (1) Suho, Kris, Tao, (2) Kyungsoo, Kai, Umin, (3) beagle line, and (4) you, Yixing, Luhan, and Sehun.

You were unpacking when you heard your phone rang.

“Hey, jagi~ have you arrived safely?” It was Myungsoo.

“Ne, we’re already in the hotel room and unpacking. I can’t wait to go to the beach.”

“I wish we could go there together. I already miss you.”

“Aw, I miss you too. Yeah, me too. I don’t mind going here again with all of you.”

“I mean just the two of us.”

You chuckled. “You’re really one selfish brat.”

“Oh well, that’s your boyfriend you’re talking about.”

“Xiao~ Yixing-hyung told me to give you this.” Sehun handed you a sun block lotion.

“Oh, thanks.”

“Hurry up. We’re leaving in a few.” He said.

“Ne~”

“Who was that?” You can sense the jealousy in his voice.

“Oh, sorry. I lied to you. I’m not with my brother. That was Oh Sehun. I’m cheating on you.” You said preventing your laughter.

“Yah, Zhang Xiaoyu!”

You laughed. “I was just kidding. He’s Yixing-gege’s workmate. Anyway, where are you guys?”

“Don’t trick me again like that. I don’t know where Sunggyu-hyung is taking us either.”

“Is that so? Just call me again later when you guys arrive. I need to go now, ne? I love you!”

“Ne, enjoy! I love you, too.”

 

You were already wearing your bikinis on with just a loose top and shorts on. You and the boys were on your way to the beach; you asked to stop by a convenience store to buy some snacks.

“Xiao~ don’t forget my black soda drink!” Kris called.

“Chocolate for me~” Sehun cooed.

“Ne!”

“Hey, sis, are you sure you don’t need any company?” Yixing asked.

“Hyung, she’s already a grown up. She can handle herself.” Chanyeol said. Your brother glared at him.

“Gege, I’ll be fine. Just wait for me here in the car, ne? I’ll call you guys if I need some help.” You said as you got off the car.

You entered the store and put a lot of snacks in the basket. You need really a lot since there were twelve boys with you. Of course, you didn’t forget Kris’ and Sehun’s.

You were about to pay when someone bump into you and made his way to the counter first, not even bothering to apologize nor excuse himself.

“Yah!” You called.

“Yes?” He asked in English.

“Can you at least apologize or something? If you’re in a hurry and want to pay first, you could have said so. You didn’t need to be rude and ungentle man.”

“Do I look like I care?” He said, still in English. After paying, he collected his stuff and muttered “Stupid.” before leaving.

“Aish~ what a jerk!” You said and paid for the things you bought.

 

The thirteen of you were already in the shore enjoying the bright sun. Some of the boys were playing in the water, while some were tanning.

“Sehun-ah, look there’s a canoe! Join me~” You shook his arms.

“Sirheo~” He whined, still laying flat on his stomach.

“Fine! I’ll go there by myself!” You stomped and made your way to the canoe.

You were about to push it to the water when someone was about to push it too.

“I was here first!” You two shouted at the same time. Your eyes widened.

“YOU!!!” You said again in unison. He was the guy from the convenience store

“Yah, you jerk! What are you doing here?”

“Why? Can’t I come here? This is a public beach. You don’t own the place. Now, get lost, little missy. I got here first.” He started pushing the canoe.

“Yah, who are you calling ‘little’, shorty?!” You stopped him.

“MWO?! Shorty?! Yah—whatever.” He sighed. “Good luck if you can push that canoe to the water.” He smirked.

You meronged at him before turning to the canoe and started pushing it. It didn’t budge.

“Yah! Are you friends with that shorty!?” You kicked the canoe. “Ah! It hurts.” You held your foot and just started to push the canoe again.

 

After some time of pushing the canoe, you managed to push it to the water. You were joyfully rowing when you felt a splash of water from the back. You turned to see nothing. *Maybe it was just a fish.* You went back to rowing when you felt it again. “What was that?!” You stood up on the canoe. Yet again, there was nothing. You were about to sit back down when someone popped out of the water surface.

“BOO!”

“AAACK~!” You were surprised and weren’t able to regain your balance, so you fell in the water. “Ah~ help me!”

It was ‘shorty’ who played a trick on you. He was laughing out loud that he didn’t notice you really don’t know how to swim.

“Help~ I can’t swim!”

“HAHAHA! You looked so funny! You should’ve seen your face.” He laughed.

You were drowning. “If you’re planning a revenge on me, it’s not working.” He said, but received no response. He started to panic. “Don’t tell me she really can’t swim.” Silence. “!” He dove into the water and pulled you out. You were already unconscious. He carried you out of the water and laid you on the sand.

“Y-yah! Don’t scare me like this.” He shook you. “I was just playing with you. Hey, wake up.”

He got no response. *I’m so dead if mom finds out.*

He sighed. *I have no choice.* He pumped your chest and did the mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. After doing it thrice, you coughed out all the water. He sighed in relief.

When you opened your eyes, ‘shorty’ was face-to-face with you. You pushed him. “YAH!”

“What?!”

“What did you do to me, you byuntae!?”

“You were not responding when I was shaking you. I had no choice but to do the CPR. I just saved you! You should be thankful.”

“Save my . You were the reason I got drowned!”

“It wasn’t my fault you’re stupid and doesn’t know how to swim!”