2

Complications and Rivalry [Senior Year]

Meanwhile…

The boys who were playing in the water just got back to the shore.

“Hey, Sehun, where’s Xiaoyu?” Yixing asked.

“She wanted to canoe somewhere there.” He pointed to the direction you’ve gone to.

“And you let her go alone?!” Yixing hit the maknae’s shoulder really hard before running to the direction Sehun pointed.

“Xiaoyu!” He sighed in relief when he saw you with an unfamiliar guy. “Who is he? And what happened to you?”

“Gege!” You ran to him and gave him a bear hug. “Oh, I don’t know him. He drowned me in the water!” You pouted.

Yixing eyed the guy with lasers coming out of his eyes.

‘Shorty’ stood up and bowed to your brother. “I’m sorry. I was just playing with her. I didn’t know she doesn’t know how to swim.”

“It’s alright. I was just really worried about my sister. She’s the only I have left.”

“Gege!!! How can you be so nice!? Why can’t you get mad at him?” You whined.

“Xiao, he apologized, didn’t he?”

“I’m sure he’s just acting up! He’s really very mean to me.”

“Oh, that’s not true. It’s just fun to tease your sister.” ‘shorty’ said. You glared at him.

“What’s your name, by the way?” Yixing asked him.

“Lee Joe, but you can call me L.Joe.” He smiled.

“Joe? You’re not Korean?” Your brother asked.

“I’m Korean, but I just got back from America.”

“Oh, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Zhang Yixing, or Lay, as how my friends call me. We’re half-Chinese and half-Korean. We just transferred in Seoul last year. This is my sister, Zhang Xiaoyu.” He patted your head.

“It’s nice to meet you too, Lay-hyung…and Xiaoyu.” He smirked at you. “Well, I need to go now. My parents are probably looking for me.” He bowed then left.

“I almost died because of him.” You glared at your brother.

Yixing chuckled. “But you didn’t. Don’t worry; you know I won’t let him off if something happens to you. C’mon, let’s go. Kyungsoo will cook us dinner. We’ll have campfire before heading back to the hotel.”

“Really?! I can’t wait to taste Kyungsoo’s food!”

 

“Where have you been, Lee Byunghun?!” L.Joe’s mom scolded as soon as he entered their cabin.

“Someone was drowning, so I saved her.” His mom gave him an ‘Oh really? I don’t believe you’ look. She knows him too well.

“Okay fine. I was making fun of her and I didn’t know she doesn’t know how to swim! She was drowning so I saved her. It’s not my fault she’s stupid!”

She hit his arm really hard and pinched his ear. “Aish, this kid! I don’t know what to do with you!”

“Ah ah! Mom, it hurts! I already apologized!”

She gave him, yet again, a ‘lie again or I’m going to kick your ’ look.

“I’m telling the truth! I already apologized…to her brother…” He trailed.

“Apologize to her, you ungentle man kid! Go wash up first!” She shooed him away to the bathroom.

“But she probably left already!”

“I don’t care! Just go and wash up!”

“What’s happening here?” His dad walked out of the room.

“Your son made another trouble!”

“I didn’t!” L.Joe shouted from the bathroom.

“Shut up, trouble maker!” His mom shouted back.

His dad sighed. “I feel like I’m taking care of two kids.”

 

“Kai, you’re totally burnt!” Baekhyun laughed. The ten of you were waiting for the food to finish; Chen and Chanyeol volunteered to help Kyungsoo.

“Sit beside Suho-hyung! You two will look like black-and-white.” Sehun added.

“Very funny, guys. Don’t you know girls love tall, dark, and handsome guys?” He smirked.

“Doesn’t that apply to me? I’m taller and more handsome than you. I have tan skin too but you’re still darker.” Tao said.

“Oh guys, please shut up. We all know I’m the most popular guy among girls here.” Kris coolly said.

“No, you’re not! I am.” Luhan argued.

“I am the visual!” Chanyeol said.

“You’re a self-proclaimed visual.” Chen said which made the others laugh.

“Why don’t we ask Xiaoyu who’s the most handsome?” Umin suggested.

Yixing stood up. “Sorry, guys, isn’t it obvious that she’ll pick me?” He bragged.

You chuckled at your brother. “I didn’t say anything, gege.” The rest of the boys laughed.

“Xiaoyu! How could you???” He pretended to be hurt.

“I was just kidding.” You hugged him.

“Then, let’s exclude Lay.” Suho said.

“Hm…I personally think Sehun and Chanyeol are handsome.” The two mentioned guys did a victory dance.

“I told you I’m the visual!” Chanyeol cheered.

“Shut up and go back to cooking!” Baekhyun scowled.

 

When dinner was done, all of you heartily ate. It was really delicious! The thirteen of you joke around and tell stories of each other while eating. After the blissful dinner, you guys were on your way to the car park.

“Excuse me.” Someone called. You all turned around to see L.Joe and a lady.

“Can I talk to Lay-hyung and Xiaoyu?” L.Joe said, looking anywhere but you.

You and Yixing excused yourselves and gestured your friends to go ahead to the car.

“Hi, I guess your name is Xiaoyu. I’m his mom and I heard what happened earlier. I’m really sorry about my son’s behavior.” The lady said.

“Oh no, it’s alright. He already apologized.” Yixing said.

“He apologized to you, not her. And I don’t want him to be a spoiled brat even though he already is.” She gestured L.Joe to speak up.

“Hey, I’m doing this because she forced me to.” L.Joe said which earned him a pinch on his side.

“Ah! Mom!” You tried to hold your laughter.

“I’m sorry.” He said, almost a whisper, still not looking at you. He earned another pinch.

“Ah! Mom, stop pinching me!” He whined.

You giggled quietly. Yixing gave you a look to behave.

“I’m sorry, okay?” He finally said looking at you.

You nodded, still holding your laughter.

“I’m really sorry, dear. Anyway, sorry to bother you; it was nice meeting you! You’re really pretty! I wish I had a pretty and kind daughter like you.” She pinched your cheek. L.Joe rolled his eyes.

“Thank you. It was nice to meet you too.” You and Yixing bowed before separating ways from them.

 

(A/N: Double update~ <3)