12

Complications and Rivalry [Senior Year]

You and L.Joe were still roaming around the forest; it was so quiet that it seemed like you two were just the only people out there. You guys have found three flowers already.

“What are you planning about the individual project?” You asked as you sat on the huge rock by the river. You two decided to take a rest for a while.

“I’m definitely making a song.” He said as he went to the river. It wasn’t that deep.

“Hey, are we allowed to go there?” You asked.

“Ssaem didn’t say any restrictions.” He splashed water to you.

“Yah!” You put the camera on a safe place on the ground before walking to the water too. You splashed water back at him.

“I remembered our meeting at the beach.” L.Joe said.

“Yeah, you were a total jerk.” You laughed.

“I’m not. I was being cool.”

You made a face and splashed water to him. Before you could even run out of the water, he already caught and lifted you up. “Hey, put me down!”

“Sure thing.” He did let go of you. You fell down on the water; you were soaked.

He was laughing hard at you. You grabbed his legs from under the water and pulled him down. He slipped and fell on his . He was now soaked just like you.

“Revenge is sweet, huh?” It was your turn to laugh at him.

“Smart move.” He commented.

“Learned from the expert.” You winked.

He stood up and offered his hand. “Let’s go. We need to find two more flowers before it gets dark.”

You took his hand as he pulled you up. “But we’re wet. We might get sick.” He smirked. “I don’t mean it that way, byuntae.”

He laughed. “Then let’s make this quick.” Making it sound different.

“All guys are byuntae, aren’t they?” You sighed.

 

When the clock struck 6pm, everyone was already at the porch.

“Why are you two soaking wet?” The teacher scolded you and L.Joe. Everyone’s attention was on you two.

“Sorry, ssaem. We played at the river.” L.Joe spoke up.

“Go wash up before we have dinner!” She ordered.

“It’s your fault!” You hissed.

“I was the only one playing in the water. Why did you join me?” He asked.

You sighed. “We had fun anyway.” The two of you laughed.

 

After dinner, everyone was asked to go to their respective cabins.

“You and L.Joe seem had a lot of fun, huh?” Minyoung teased.

 “Like he said earlier, we just played in the water. We were taking a rest by the river but we ended up playing.” You shrugged.

“Sure thing, Xiao. Myungsoo is definitely jealous again.” Jihyun said.

“Yeah, I’m surprised he hasn’t come to talk to me. Oh no, what if he’s mad?”

“He is not. The kiss game was even worse than that.” Minyoung said.

“Just sleep. You need some rest.” Jihyun said as she turned the lamp off.

“I’ll just have a walk.” You stood up.

“Ssaem might catch you!” Minyoung said.

“Don’t worry; I won’t take that long.” You said and went outside.

Actually, Myungsoo was about to sneak into your cabin when he saw you walk out of the room. He followed you.

Your phone rang. It was your brother.

“Gege~ I miss you! I haven’t seen you for two nights! Are you still at Luhan-gege’s?” You cried.

“Aw, my baby sis, I miss you too. Yeah, I’m fine here. How’s the fieldtrip?”

“I think this place is really far. We’re in a huge forest! It’s fun though.”

“I’m glad to hear you’re having fun. Be careful, ne? I was just checking on you. Go to sleep now. See you tomorrow. Love you~”

“Ne, gege. Good night to you and Luhan-gege~ I love you too!” You made a kissing sound on your phone before hanging up.

You saw a figure sitting on a bench. At first, you were scared because you thought it was someone else, but you soon recognized the person. “L.Joe?” You called.

He looked at you. “What are you doing out here?” He asked as you sat beside him.

“I was planning to take a walk. What about you?”

“To have some fresh air and to clear my thoughts.” He shrugged.

“Thoughts about what? Your mom?”

He nodded. “And someone else.” You confusedly looked at him. “Do I really have to state out whom?”

“Oh…” You realized he was talking about you.

“Sometimes I wish I shouldn’t have met you, or I could’ve just stayed as a jerk. I don’t know why all of this had to happen. It just hurts.” His voice cracked.

“Byung, stop being like this.” Tears were threatening to fall. “How can you always think you’re the only one getting hurt?”

“Then tell me who else? I’m just the only one who has unrequited love here.” He was crying already.

“Me. I’m getting hurt too. How can you not consider my feelings?”

“How are you hurt? You have Myungsoo!”

“Because…because I think…I like you too!” You cried. “I’m hurt because I don’t want to hurt either Myungsoo or you. I still love Myungsoo…but I have feelings for you too.”

He was surprised. “Y-you what? D-does this mean I have a chance?”

“I don’t know what to do anymore, Byunghun-ah…” You lowered your head.

He lifted your chin up and wiped your tears with his thumb. “You said you have feelings for me too. I will do what it takes to have you.” He kissed you. At first, you hesitated but you kissed him back later.