My Past

Wish Upon A STAR.

"Yah! Minwoo-ah! Wait for me!" I shouted as I ran after him. "________-ah! Little turtle~" he sang as he skipped around. 'Yah!" I shouted as I tried to catch up with him. Then while I was running , I bumped onto someone. "Awee." I said as I rubbed my head. I looked up and saw Minwoo looking at something on his left.

"What are you looking at?" I asked as I turned my head at the direction he was looking at. "Oh!" I muttered. "New... Year's.. Party?" he asked as he tilted his head. I nodded. "What is it?" he asked curiously. "It is a ball for tomorrow. Uhm. More like a social gathering. Where you wear a suit and dance with someone. And the best part is the fireworks at the sky exactly at 12 midnight." I said with a slight glitter in my eyes. "Ohh. Sounds like fun. How about we go?" he asked. 

I shook my head. "Ani. I'm not really interested." I said as I walked out. "Eh? Really? Why not?" he asked. "I'm just...." I stopped for awhile and I looked at Minwoo who was waiting patiently for my answer. ".....not interested." I said as I started walking again. "Arasso. I just thought that it would be fun when we are all there." he said as he smiled. "Mianhe." I said as I lowered my head. "Gwenchana." he muttered.

"We're here." I said as I opened the door. "Oh. Just on time." Mr. Jung said as he came out from the storage room. I nodded. "I'll get that for you." Hyunseong said as he took the grocery bags from me. "Komawo." I said. "So, are we ready to open?" I asked as I tied my hair in a bun. "Yup." Donghyun said as he reached for the sign. "Arasso." I said. 

As the shop opened, a lot of customers came in. But there was only one thing that everyone was talking about, "THE NEW YEAR'S PARTY". Every table was chattering about it. What dress should they wear. What will be the look of their hair. Make up. Blehh. I walked to a table of girls and asked their order but they were busy. After a few minutes, they stopped. "Ehem. May I take your order?" I asked 

"Oh. Uhm. Six ice mocha and blueberry cake." the girl with brown hair said. "Are there anything else?" I asked. "No." she said and continued talking to them. "Your order will be here for 5 minutes. Komawo." I bowed. After five minutes, "Here are your orders." I said as I placed them on the plate. "You're not going, right?" the brunette girl asked. "Excuse me." I said as she asked a random question. 

"You're not going at the party, right?" she repeated. "Ani." I shook my head. "That's good then." she smiled. "Bwo?" I blurted out.  "The party will be ruined if a ugly person like you will come. tss. So, don't think about coming because no one would like to dance with you. It will be a pity." she said as she laughed with them. I just stood there trying not to be affected. I walked out and headed back to the counter. 

"Here you go." I said as I gave Jeongmin the check. "Gwenchanayo?" he asked. I nodded and smiled. I hate it when I pretend that I am okay when I'm not." Are you sure?" he asked. "Oh. There's a customer." I said as I left. Jeongmin released a sigh and went back to work. 

After a few hours of working, it was time to close. I landed on the couch and rest my eyes for awhile. "Aigoo. You're tired already." Jeongmin said as he knelt down. I moved on to my side and opened my eyes. I was suprised because our faces was an inch away. We stayed like that for a moment. Then, Jeongmin started leaning closer and he stopped. He kissed my nose and smiled. He knelt down with his back facing me. "Kaja." he said. "Bwo?" I asked. "Since you're tired. I'll give you a ride." he said. "But.." I was cut off when he said, "This is a limited offer." he chuckled. I giggled and stood up. I rode on his backand started leaning my head on his shoulder. 

"Goodnight." he said as he started walking out of the shop. I nodded and he started humming a song. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmness. 

~~~~~

Morning came and I found myself on my bed. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Oh! Morning already." I said. I stood up and took a shower. I wore my brown sweater and a blue jacket , my pair of jeans , my brown snowboots and a whote beanie.

tumblr_letfegHZzE1qg6dyso1_r1_500_large.

I entered the shop and I noticed that only a few people was in. "Hmm. A few people is here. Maybe they are busy preparing for tonight." I said as I sat on a chair. "Busy for tonight? Is there an event tonight?" Jeongmin asked popping out of nowhere. "Yah! You scared me." I said as I held my chest. "Mian." he smiled.

"So what about tonight?" Jeongmin asked eagerly. "Nothing." I said as I read the magazine. Jeongmin pouted and walked away.  After a few hours, it was time for lucnh. "Yayyy! I'll eat well." Hyunseong said as he started putting stuffs on his mouth. "Mr. Jung." I said. "Yes?" he asked. "We will close the shop a little early for today." I said. "Waeyo?" he asked. "Well, I guess everyone is busy for tonight so maybe they won't be any costumers coming. So lets close it early." I said

"You're going then?" he asked. "Ani." I shook my head. "Yah! ____-ah! You should go this time. This only happens once a year." he said. "Mianhe but i'm not really interested." I said as I stood up."You need to forget about him." Mr. Jung said as you lowered your head. "I'm going now." I said as I stood up and left the shop. 

"Mr. Jung. What are you talking about?" Donghyun asked. He looked at the boys with a calm face. "Will you believe me if I told you that she fell inlove to someone before you guys came?" he said. "She fell inlove?" Kwangmin asked. Mr. Jung nodded. "How? Who? When?" Youngmin asked. 

FLASHBACK ~

You were sitting on the bench at your schoolgarden, it is the place where you can have a quiet time. You laid on your back and closed your eyes.  After a few minutes, you opened your eyes and you saw a guy looking at you. "Wha-what?" you said as you rubbed your eyes. "Did you have a nice sleep?" he asked. "Oh. Nae." I said as I lowered my head. "You were cute when you were sleeping." he said. 

"What?" I asked. "You were about to fall. Good thing I caught you on time. So, I decided to let you sleep on my lap." he chuckled. You blushed in embarassment. "Mianhe. I caused you trouble." you said. "Ani. It was nothing. You were really tired so I let you rest." he smiled. "Komawo." I said. "No problem." he said. I looked at my watch and I noticed that it was time to go. " I need to go now." I said as I stood up. "Again, Thank you." I said as I started walking away. 

"WAIT!" he shouted. "What's your name?" he asked. "Uhm. Shin _____" I said. "I'm Lee Chanhee. Nice meeting you." he said as he waved. "Nae. See you around." I said as I waved back and left.

REALITY ~

"LEE CHANHEE?!!! BWO?" Minwoo shouted. "Yah! Keep your voice down. You're interrupting Mr. Jung." Donghyun said as he smacked him on the head. "Mian." he said. "Ehem, as I was saying." Mr. Jung said.

 

FLASHBACK ~

 After class, you were so eager to go to the schoolgarden. It has been months that you were hanging out with him when it's time for lunch or after school. You and him would always hang out until you developed some feelings for him. So this is the day that you will confess to him. 

You were sitting on the bench with your legs shaking. "Please come. Please come." you said as you closed your eyes with your hands together. After a few hours, you looked at your watch. "He should be here right now." you said as you looked around. 

It was already 8:00 pm and you still waited for him. "I know he's coming. I knew it. He's coming. Yah! Lee Chanhee where are you?" you said as tears are forming in your eyes. You rubbed your eyes and still waited for him. 

Then it started raining and you didn't bring your umbrella. "It's raining already. But he's not here. One hour more and if he's not coming then I'm going to give up." you said as you looked at the sky. "Please come. PLEASE." you said as a tear fell form your eye.

One hour is over. You stood up and started walking away. "He didn't come. I knew it. Pabo. Why did wait for him when you already know that he'snot coming. I'm so stupid. Of course, he doesn't have the same feelings for me." you said as you laughed at yourself. 

"PABO! PABO! PABO!" you said as you hit yourself on the head. Then you started crying as the rain poured down to you. Then you noticed that the rain wasn't landing on you. You looked up and you saw that there was an umbrella. You turned around and saw Chanhee. You looked at him for a few minutes. 

"What are you doing?" he asked worriedly. "What am I doing? What am I doing?" you shouted. "I fell inlove to a guy and I confessed to him. I waited for him because I thought he feels the same way. But he didn't show up and I ended up soaking wet in the rain. I thought that this will be my happily ever after but I guess not." you said as you started walking away. 

"Wait!" he said as he grabbed your wrist. "Mianhe." he said. "Is that all?" you asked. He just stood there staring at you. You pulled your wrist and walked away. Then someone hugged you from the back. "What the hell are you doing?" you asked as you tried to get out from his grip. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. I had to attend a important meeting. I read the note that you gave me and I was eager to meet you but the meeting ended up a little late. I couln't call you because I lost my phone. But when I went to the schoolgarden, you weren't there anymore." he said 

"I'm sorry. Really." he said. "______-ah!" he muttered. "Saranghaeyo."he confessed. You stopped what you were doing and he let go. You turned around as you looked at him. "Bwo?" you asked. He came closer and said "Saranghaeyo." You started to cry as you hit his chest alot of times. "PABO! Why now? PABO! PABO!" you cried. "Yah! I thought you like Byunghun , so I didn't tried to confess to you." he said as he tried to grabbed your arm to make you stop. 

"Pabo! I like you. Since that day I met you, I already like you." you said said as you looked at him. "Then can you be my girlfriend?" he asked. "You don't know how long i've waited for those words from you. Yes." you said as you smiled. He cupped your faced and started leaning. Your lips met with him. "This isn't you happy ending. Your fairytale is just starting right now." he said as he hugged you tight.

 

REALITY~ 

"Woah! That was so romantic and sweet." a guy said from the back. They all turned around to the guy who said that and they saw Junghwan along with the others sitting around the table and listening to the story. "Yah! When did you came in?" Jeongmin asked. "Oh! A few minutes ago." Sunwoo said. "Oh! Arasso." Hyunseong said. "Mr. Jung. Please continue." Chanshik said. Mr. Jung nodded. 

 

FLASHBACK~

You and Chanhee had been dating for a year and half now. You two were walking on the streets when you saw a crowd around the corner. "What's happening?" you asked curiuosly. He shrugged as he stared at the crowd. "Kaja!" you said as you ran towards the crowd. "Oh! Its for tomorrow." you blurted. "Bwo?" he asked. "Tomorrow will be the New Year's Party." you said. "Ohh." he nodded. 

"Do you wanna go?" you asked. "Yeah. Sure." he said uninterested. "Arasso. So, how about we go shop for our clothes tomorrow." you said. He bit his bottom lip and looked away. "Mianhe. I'm kind of... busy right now." he said. "Is that so?" you asked disappointedly. He nodded. "Arasso. I'll go by myself then." you said. "But I'll pick you up for the party." he said. A smile crept into your face as you nodded.

While you were walking to the mall you noticed that Chanhee was acting kinda weird these past few days. "Is there something wrong?" you asked yourself. You just ignored it and headed to the mall. 

------

It was time for you to go and Chanhee came just on time. You opened the door and you saw Chanhee standing outside with his mouth opened. "Gwenchana?" you asked. He shook his head and smiled. "You look beautiful." he complimented. "Komawo." you said. "Lets go?" he asked. You nodded. 

You two went inside the party area and alot of people came. There were foods, sounds, fun and it was really a party. After a few hours of dancing and eating. "Lets go outside." Chanhee said. I nodded. He took off his coat and laid in the grass as he patted it  signaling me to sit. "5 minutes more and it will be a new year." he said. I nodded. I looked up into the sky and waited for the firworks. When the fireworks started, I never left my sight into it. Then I noticed Chanhee frowning. "Whats wrong?" I asked. "Nothing." he said. 

"Sarangahae. Happy New Year." he said as he kissed my lips. Then he pulled away and he looked deep into my eyes. "Mianhe." he said. "Bwo?" I asked confusedly. "I'm sorry for everything. Lets break up." he said. "Waeyo?" I asked. "I didn't really love you. It was all a bet between me and my friends. Sorry." he said. "Sorry. Sorry. Is that all you can say? How dare you play with my feeling. You made me believe that it was real but the truth is , it was all a..lie." I said. 

"I'm sorry." he said. You slapped him across the face. "I know. I deserved that." he said. You started crying and ran away. Because of the heels you were wearing you accidentally tripped. You stood up and toke it off and threw it away. In his case, he followed you but stopped when he saw the shoes that you were wearing. He picked it up as he tried to looked for you. "I'm sorry but I can't give you a happy ending." he muttered. 

A few days had past and you still haven't move on from your break up. While you were walking on the streets, you saw Chanhee. He looked up but for a minute, he looked away and ignored you. A few months had passed and you had now officially moved on but apart from you still love Chanhee. You haven't seen Chanhee in awhile. 

While you were sitting on the bench where you and Chanhee met , a girl who looks older that walked towards you. You bowed to her as she sat next to you. "Are you Shin _____?" she asked. "Nae. Waeyo?" you asked. "My brother wanted to give you this letter." she said."Tss. Why can't he just tell me straight instead of giving me this letter." you said.  "He would love too but he can't." she said. "Why? Is he a coward?" you said. "Ani.He's dead." she muttered as she lowered his head. 

 

-------------------------to be continued-------------------------------