08 The Shame

Game Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan     "There better be a pretty damn good reason you called me over at three in the morning."    I open the door wider for a grumpy Lay. He takes two steps into the apartment and pauses, waiting for me to lock the door. I grab his arm and pull him up to the door of the guest room, slowly pushing it open to avoid the creaking. Lay peeks in and his eyes widen when he sees Jina inside the room, sleeping quietly on the guest room bed.   "Should I even ask?" Lay asks me in confusion.    I put up a hand in defense and explain myself. "Her parents kinda made her come home with me. She's moving today. Her stuff are coming in at noon. We just got back from meeting with our parents now."   Lay runs a hand through his hair before closing the door silently and asks. "Why'd you call me? Why didn't you call Kris?"    "And tell him what? That his sister is sleeping in the bed of my guest room? He'd kill me for waking him up at this time." I say, trying to reason with him. Lay doesn't say anything for a few seconds, continuing to stare at me helplessly.    Finally he lets out a sigh and nods hesitantly. "Fine. How are you gonna deal with Krystal, though?"    I shrug and point in the direction of my bedroom. "She's in there sleeping."    "Does she know?" Lay asks, making his way over to the living room couch. I walk over as well and sit on the opposite side of the couch, the room falling into silence.   "She didn't take it too well." I say, breaking the silence. Lay turns, a gesture that he's listening, and I continue. "She told me that I was an idiot for getting myself into this situation and that she didn't want any involvement in it." I say.
"She wouldn't have any involvement in it either way." Lay says, chuckling. I can't help but laugh a little myself.    Krystal and I have been dating for almost a year now, but we have a "free" relationship. We acknowledge that we are dating and that we like each other, but are totally free to see other people. She was the one who came up with it, and I thought it was genius at the time. But lately, I haven't been seeing the point.    "You look tired. Go get some rest." Lay says, patting me on the back twice before getting up and making his way to the guest room. I let out a sigh and get up, making my way to my own room.       Wu Jina   I open my eyes, slightly squinting from the sunlight streaming in through the window. I stare at the peach colored sheets in front of me. My eyebrows knit together in confusion. My sheets aren't peach colored..   I turn and flinch in shock when I see Yixing sleeping on the floor next to the bed I'm on. I look around, and then reality hits me. 
"I'm at Luhan's place." I mutter, looking around suspiciously. My eyes fall on the sleeping figure on the floor again, and I reach over, poking his side.

"Yixing, wake up." I say, poking him harder. Suddenly, his hand moves like lightning from his side and catches my hand in an iron grip. I gasp involuntarily and cringe from the pain inflicted on my hand.   "Let go, let go, let go!" I ramble, trying to pull my hand from his. He turns, and his eyes widen after seeing me in pain. He immediately releases his iron grip on my hand, softly massaging it with his.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you. It's a reflex." He quickly apologizes, grabbing my hand with both of his, his big hands enveloping mine.   "Yeah, because someone who would break in to kill you would normally try poke you first." I comment sarcastically, laughing at his silliness. He laughs as well and gets up, sitting next to me on the edge of the bed.   "Why are you here?" I ask with a smile.   "Luhan called me over. I guess he didn't want you to be uncomfortable, or maybe he just wanted someone to babysit you." Yixing says with a shrug. I smack his arm playfully before swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. I get up, taking steps towards the door.   "I'm gonna go wash up and-" I freeze the moment I touch the doorknob and slowly turn around.   Yixing gives a knowing smirk. "Your stuff isn't here yet."    I release the doorknob and r
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter