12 The Party's Over

Game Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Wu Jina

  Minutes after Yixing has driven off, I still stand in the same spot trying to process everything in my head. Finally I muster up the sense to walk into the classy looking club. I can hear murmurs, followed by hushes and hisses that sound much like"she's coming" before it's silent. I walk into the main floor of the club and pause momentarily. There's balloons set up everywhere and the lighting is dim but colorful and-   "Surprise!!" Some twenty people pop up out of behind couches, under tables and behind counters, some letting off party snaps. I jump a little in surprise and stare, wide-eyed.    I see Hyeri walk out of the crowd of people and up to me. "Welcome to your bachelorette, Jina."    I nod slowly and allow myself to be pulled by the girl into the middle of the room, where a suspiciously large box is placed. I glance at it uneasily before glancing at Hyeri with the same look.   She laughs. "Don't worry, it's not like a stripper or something is gonna pop out of the box."   I mentally facepalm. This girl.  
"Ready?" She asks, and I nod.   I lied. I'm not ready for whatever's gonna pop out of the box. I hate surprises.   "Three." She starts.   My face morphs in horror.   "Twooo." Hyeri's excitement scares me.   "ONE!" She yells.   Suddenly, the lid of the box flies off and a person emerges from the box. I squeak and look away, covering my face in horror.    "The maid of honor has arrived!" I hear a voice echo through the whole room. Slowly, I remove my hands from my face and turn back to the person who had come out of the box. It is a girl, who looks really familiar. And then I realize that it's-   "Jia!" I let out a high-pitched scream as I run over and tackle my old friend from Canada into a bear hug.    I hear her chuckle. "Easy, tiger. I'm still sore from hiding in that box for so long."    If we were to talk about people who know you better than yourself, Jia would definitely be that person for me. I've known Jia since diaper days, and you can say that she's my closest friend. We spent a majority of our lives together in Toronto until I decided to move to Korea. We kept in touch after I went to study art and she went to the United States to study fashion design.   "Let the party begin!" Hyeri calls, and suddenly loud music blares from the speakers and laser lights decorate the ceiling. Jia and I look up the ceiling, both letting out an involuntary "ooh" in awe.    Hyeri walks over and opens her arms. I walk over and engulf her into a tight hug.    "I'm happy you liked your surprise! I brought you your maid of honor." Hyeri says with a smile.    I smile back. "It couldn't have been a surprise without my bridesmaid." I say, throwing an arm around Hyeri. Hyeri's eyes light up immediately and she turns to Jia, who gives her a big smile and two thumbs up.

"Jina, I'm so touched!" Hyeri says dramatically, hugging me. Laughing, I hug her back and give Jia a smile. Hyeri leaves after to go get a few drinks for the three of us, ignoring me completely when I told her I wasn't going to drink. Jia pulls out a cream colored envelope, and I let out a chuckle.   "Everyone's pulling out my invitation in front of me." I say, scratching the back of my head.   She opens the card and, just like Yixing, presses her finger over Luhan's name.   "I always thought it'd be Yixing's name here." She says.    "Yixing seems to think so, too." I reply. Jia raises an eyebrow in question and I explain.   "Before coming in here, he gave me this whole s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter