04 The Secret Relationships

Game Over
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan

 

"I never thought I'd find myself in this situation."

Kris and I walk down the street in the chilly Seoul autumn air. The sky is beginning to dim as the day ends and the shops lining the streets begin to illuminate one by one. 

After the little encounter at the office, Jina had taken off talking about some job, leaving Kris and I alone. Kris wanted to walk to Tao's shop, so I took the chance to tell Kris my side of everything, and he's actually taking it better than I expected him to. 

Maybe he somehow understands the situation I'm in.

"You said the girl was at your house this morning?" Kris asked, taking long strides. 

I struggle to keep up with him, my legs not as lengthy as his. Kris notices and slows down his pace, allowing me to catch up.

"Yeah. She took my wallet with her, too." I mutter, chucking lightly under my breath.

Kris laughs. "Let me guess, your dad fixed that one too." He asks. I look up and smile, knowing he didn't mean it in a mean way. 

"Look, I really don't want to marry Jina. But I have no other choice. I can't get myself out of this one." I say, stuffing my hands into my pockets.

Kris lets out a sigh. 

 

"Just remember she's my little sister, okay?" 

 

I look up at Kris through my peripheral vision. Kris and I have known each other for over fifteen years now, but there was always a different side of him when it came to his friends and most of all, his little sister. I realize now that I never asked him about his sister. I never asked for a name because he always referred to her as Mei-Mei, Mandarin for "little sister." I never asked how old she was, and despite going over to Kris' place a lot, not once did I see her.

 

But it was the way that Kris talked about her that made it clear just how much he cared for her.

 

"But, uhh." Kris' voice breaks through my train of thought, from which I snap out of fairly quickly. I turn to look at Kris.

"What are you gonna do about her? Does she know about you and Jina's engagement?" Kris asks carefully.


It doesn't take me long to realize who he's talking about.

 

"I really don't know." I answer honestly, looking at the ground. Now that I have a "fiancee", I really don't know.

"Do you think Jina's going to have a problem with it?" I ask Kris.

 

He laughs and shakes his head and replies hazily. 

 

"Nope. She'll actually be happy." 

 

Kris' phone beeps in his pocket, alerting a new message. He pulls out his phone and looks at the screen for a second. His lips move, as if reading the message aloud, before slipping his phone back into the pocket of his coat.

"What is it?" I ask.

Kris shakes his head and points to a milk tea shop. "We're running errands before our stop at Tao's shop."

I pause. "But Tao hates milk tea."

Kris walks up to the shop, shaking his head. "It's not for Tao."

I watch him as he orders one large milk tea with extra pearls. "But you hate milk tea."

Kris chuckles and looks at me. "It's not for me."

He hums and drums his fingers against the counter while we watch the girl at the shop make the milk tea.

"It's for me?" I ask curiously.

Kris hums, shaking his head.

 

"Not for you either."

 

 

 

 

 

Wu Jina

 

"Jina, is it okay if I leave a little early today? I have this dinner thing with my parents." Tao peeks his head over the divider around his tattooing space.

I nod, focusing on piercing my current customer's ear. 

"There." I say with a smile, handing her a mirror. She marvels at the earrings and looks up at me.

"You're really good at this. I barely felt a thing." She says. I grin and bow in thanks.

I hear Tao chuckle lightly, and then a shuffle of feet approaching me. Two long arms engulf me in a hug from behind. Tao lightly pecks my cheek and grins. "I love you so much, I owe you one." He says in accented English before walking out of my working space.

"I'm gonna use the back door. I'll lock it on my way out,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter