Play Presentation part 3

When Supernatural Powers Go Wrong [2014]

Hello.

Long time no see, eh? 


 

“ Class 2A! Assemble! Starting in fixed five minutes!”

Rapid footsteps disseminated more near the stages, bringing up last props and touches for the class actors. Kyungsoo never left Chen’s side, except if he’s needed by their leader or he’s on at the stage, he’s being cautious if their Cheshire cat might explode then and there, and their president won’t like it. “ Oh dear. . .” He unconsciously whispered his lines, sighting the huge crowd he’s going to persevere for an hour without doing anything stupid hopefully. “ Oh dear. Oh dear.” He recited when the familiar bell rang, signalling the start of the next play- theirs.

“ Gosh, I’m so excited.” Chen, beside him, groaned loudly.

The MC cheered at front. “ Everybody, I welcome you, Class 2A’s rendition of Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland! Please give them a round of applause!”

And the play started. As the all-too-popular Class 2A president and Student body vice president enter the stage, the crowds’ roar heightened. With a small wave to calm the audience, Suho took a deep breath and started his narration.

“ It is a rather calm and pleasant morning for the two sisters as they lounge under the apple tree, with the older reading a book and the other being quite uncomfortable from the long silence. . . “

 

 

At the side line inside the red carpet, Luhan giggled at the sight of Kyungsoo’s red embarrassed face. The poor boy was having some difficulty remembering his lines in spite of preventing the stupid skirt from flying while he ran.

He was joined after by Sehun, who was fixing the large fancy hat on his head. “ Haha. Kyung-hyung looks funny, right?“

“ Oh I don’t know. I think he’s struggling with his costume. Did Suho-hyung really made him wear that. . that skirt?”

“ No, Heechul-hyung from the cosplaying-something club is the culprit. Apparently, he placed a tracker that could activate if Kyungsoo wears off that maid costume. “ Sehun explained while whipping small winds to his hair.

Luhan laughed. “ Geez. You only made it worse. Hold this.” The taller took his toy wand while Luhan diligently fixed his messy hair inside the hat. “ Are you handicapped or what? You seem to rely on your ability too much. Try lifting your arms for a change, won’t you.” He scolded which earned him quickly a defying pout. This maknae never change.

The ever grateful maknae thanked by flicking Luhan’s forehead lightly then escaping in the speed of light.

“ Yah! Oh Sehun!” The older screamed, clutching his forehead.

Xiumin joined him after, distracting Luhan from floating the dashing Sehun back to him. “ Luhan, stop moving too much. The crown might fall. “

“ Minseok! I’ve been looking for you! Did you go somewhere?”

“ I did. I watched with the audience. “

Luhan blinked. “ Why with the audience though?”

The older sideglanced. “ Hmm. . Nothing. Just feel like it.”

Meanwhile, a certain princess was sitting regally on his seat, playing Piano Tiles like nobody cares. “ Geez, I can’t even achieve a three star score. How did Tao do this?” He muttered, almost breaking the screen from the roughness of his every press.

“ Baekhyun-ah, do I look villain-y enough in this dress?” Yixing asked, pertaining to the dress he wore, imitating one of Cinderella’s rude twin sisters. The wig he was wearing very much copied Rosella?’s dress, minus the weird nose and high cheeks. There was nothing make-up can do to make his face a little unlikely (that’s how beautiful he is lol), and besides, for some weird reasons, Suho has been giving their classmate in charge of facial changes a stink eye every time they think about fixing his fiance’s face. Meh.

The Cinderella looked up from his phone and pretended to judge with his hand holding his chin. “ Hmm.. I’m not sure.Even if you dressed as someone else, you still emit the innocent vibe, hyung. Not meant to offend you or something. I think you looked more intimidating during our rehearsals. You were honestly scary that time. “

“ Ah about that, I got a little bit irritated. Those rehearsals lessened my rest time you know.“ Yixing laughed, holding on to the mantle of his dress.

Oh why did he even ask. .

Loud steps towards them cut any retort Baekhyun has to say. “ Lay-hyung!” Chanyeol approached them with a chair on his shoulder. “ It’s Suho-hyung’s class now. Are you not going to watch? “

“ Oh. It is?”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol nodded while eyeing the unmoved hyung.

“ Ah okay. So your class is finished, Chanyeol?”

“ Uuuh huuuh. “ The taller male replied in hesitant manner, feeling more awkward as time passes by with them only glancing at each other. “ Uhm so I think you should go there?”

“ Err.. Jongin’s there too. “ Baekhyun quickly added.

Yixing thought of it for a minute, glancing over the dress he wore then to the stairs heading to the audience seats.

“ They are watching behind the curtains, if you’re planning to join them. It’s safe there, nobody’s going to see you. “ Chanyeol spoke.

“ Oh alright. “ The older gave the two his smile-that-holds-a-hundred-meaning and walked off. “ No funny business you two. We’re next to perform. “ He gave a straight knowing face then left.

Baekhyun snorted, focusing back to the phone. “ What does he even mean? “

Next to him, Chanyeol grinned. “ No clue. “

 

 

Lay couldn’t take his eyes away from the stage. Even if the girls were busy with his hair and dress and all, his stayed firm at the chair, watching the Alice in Wonderland play. Beside him, Sehun, having no lines left, and Tao kept on holding the poppers that they will signal at the end of their play, and Luhan eyed the colourful things in caution.

“ A thought for the pretty lady? “

Lay scoffed, shoving the person away from him. “ Shut up, Kai. And I shouldn’t be pretty, you know. “ The classmates working with last touches left.

“ Nah. We all know Baek-derella has a potentially different “glow” from us so he will definitely capture the audience.“ The teleporter mused, placing floating quotation marks with his hands. “ Even Luhan-hyung at times. “

“ I heard my name. “ Luhan chirped from their behind. “ And coming from you, Jongin, I’d rather not hear it. “

“No one told you to eavesdrop anyway!”

“ Hey  Jongin. “ Sehun called, without averting his eyes from the play.“ What’s up with you and Kyung-hyung? “

“ Good question. “ Tao added, fist bumping the younger.

“ Kyungsoo hyung? Nothing much, why? “ Jongin replied, faking with a normal façade.

“ Oh okay, nothing much, I see.  Even walking him to his classes and carrying his books are just normal, right? “ Luhan mused, earning positive responses from the two ganging boys, snickering like bunch of cicadas.

Jongin gulped, he’s not sure what to say, because truthfully, he hasn’t even analyse the things he feel for the older. Not in a rather romantic way, he suggests, but he’s deeply inclined to the boy’s every moves. His touches, smiles, and smooth voice always entranced him and make him feel guilty of the possibility of his blooming affection with the said guy. “ W-Well, I-“

“ Ah! There’s our cue, Sehun!” Tao called, halting Kai’s confession. He gripped the younger’s sleeve and pushed him inside the curtains first before jumping next. Claps from the audience were heard all over the place, signalling the end of the second play.

“ Well, that wasn’t so bad!” Was the first thing Chen said after separating himself from the thick purple duvet.

“ Psh. Says the one who was constantly chanting his lines minutes before his part. “ Their leader, Suho, teased. “ Nice play, everyone! So great! So great!” He cheered, high-fiving every classmate.

Chen retreated from the group and decided to grab something to eat. He was starving since the start of the play, but his nervousness kept on stopping him from engulfing any more food. His steps came slower when he saw the figure of someone he doesn’t really want to see at the moment standing in between the table full of snacks and him. Not that he’s entirely still bothered by it, but it won’t go away from his mind either. “ Minseok.  “ He half-whispered.

Said person flinched from his stiff position and raised the drink towards the lightning shifter. “ W-Water?”

“ Sure, but-“ He retrieved the bottle from the other’s hold. “ I can always get my own. “

Minseok bit on his index finger then snatched the bottle back. “ It’s not cold anymore, right? I can make it cold again for you!”

The lightning shifter blinked, he is no doubt getting weirded out every second of the other’s actions. “ Uhhh yeah, that would be awesome, Min. “ He blanked, watching the older grip the bottle a little harder and water vapour started appearing outside the container. “ That’s okay now. “

“ A-Ah here!” Minseok gave the bottle and stood politely as Chen drank from his bottle, his eyes occasionally sighting the lightning shifter’s evident Adam’s apple. “ So, uhm, congratulations for your play. “

Amidst the boiling question inside him, Chen laughed it out. “Thanks! I bet you will do awesome. Everyone did great, right? I mean, you were even seriously on the play and when I meant really on, there shouldn’t be distractions while you work so I guess that’s why you got mad to every single approach I did but yeah,hahaha, I think I should stop talking. I’ll just go to the bathroom. You better start preparing, your class will be up in few minutes. Thanks for the drink. “ Not the best escape but he can’t help curse on his own breathe for having such a frank mouth and brain. Geez.

The ice shifter watched him drift away, zoning out to his thoughts. His face as emotionless as he could express. “ I’m sorry.” He whispered in thin air, exhaling visible vapour.

“ What, hyung? You gonna say something? “ The maknae’s voice greeted him as he passed by, but stopped and looked at the guitar placed on the corner. It was coated with thin ice and smoking cold. “ Did you do this, hyung?”

“ Oops! Sorry! “ Fastening the melting of the ice down to its original form.

Sehun gave him the indifferent look. “ Anything bothering you?”

He eased up the frown, giving out his infamous I’m-okay smile. “ Nope. Nothing, Sehunnie. I should probably go help my classmates now. “

“ Oh okay. You need help with it, hyung?”

“ Nope! It’s fine!” Emotionally, I do need one.


 

Wow. Do you know when the last update of this was?
I think it was in the last few months of 2014? Lol.

I missed this. I really do, even though it’s completely silent. I wish to complete this, but I’m getting busier in life.
Sometimes, it makes me think too of the time that writing will be my last priority in life. I mean, it’s not my profession right now or anything- just a plain hobby. Sigh. Time runs so fast indeed.

Anyway, I hope you like this update. It goes slow I know. I can’t think of the next plot. /sobs/

Maybe later on I will.

For those who are reading Babies’ Day-out, it will be updated near soon. Baekhyun’s appearance is getting nearer haha.

*Happy Birthday Minseok!*
(and to me. )

P:S: I'm really really thirsty for XiuChen/ChenMin. someone give me a good story or anything please. gaaah. 

P:S: Did you see the edited photos of HunHan in Luhan's concert? OMG. Divineeee.