Search

When Supernatural Powers Go Wrong [2014]

Yes, as promised, I will update as soon as my schoolworks are officially done! 
Wieee~!
Happy Christmas break everyone! <3

So I'm still debating if I'll put a special Christmas chapter for this :> What do you think?

I apologize for any errors! I didn't read this again as always. 

Note: Chapters 14,15, and 16(this) are inter-related with each other. Same time and date basis but different point of views. ^_^


Author's POV

" Okay Chanyeol, we will take this nice and easy." 

" Understood!"

" I repeat- nice and easy alright?" 

" Yeah I got it, pres!" 

" Try it now. Just a small one first." 

Park Chanyeol whipped a hand alerting the people near them as they saw the fire shifter was about to create his flames. Of all places, unfortunately, the eager tall boy chose to train at the tennis court near the gymnasium. A small burst of fire emitted from his hand. " Like this, pres?" 

"That's good. Now, lift it up a little more, Park." 

The flame grew unexpectedly, few of his classmates drew back immediately. "Oops sorry!" He used his other hand to withdraw the flame a little to medium size. 

The president coughed in recognition. "R-right. Now, we will do the trick you will be using for your role. As you've seen on the Avatar, the military force of the fire nation does some wacky martial arts thing to move the fire and use it as an offense. You're going to do that as well." The president, Ryewook, explained while doing the lame high kick which only made his classmates tensed over the possibility of his pants being ripped. "Oh and you may put out the fire, please."

The fire shifter easily closed his fist and knotted his eyebrows. "You mean martial arts? But I don't know how." 

"Either we will look for someone who could teach you basic martial skills or we'll simply buy a potion on the Chemistry department. Your pick."

" A potion that could actually make me learn how to kick in just a second? That's cool!" 

" Not really." The vice-president, Siwon,spoke, b his glasses up." It has a side-effect." 

Chanyeol grimaced. " Not again. The last time I used a potion, my ears itched for a whole day." 

"Apparently, this is for a whole day as well. You will be a rampant martial artist. Uncontrollable by force- no one can stop you. No one."

"Pfft. You sound so proud of the side-effect though." The president muttered at the sideline as the vice president explained.

" What. Uncontrollable by force- rampant- I don't understand. " The taller boy whined.

"Chanyeol, what this means is, the side-effect might be too strong. For all we know, you might running around the corridor like a mad man karate chopping every human bag you see. "

"Oh.... oh okay.What do you suggest we do?"

"You do? Like I just said, you have two opti-"

"O-oh! Wait a minute! Baekhyun!" The others gawked as the fire shifter fret around, jumping and making small dusts at the sandy ground. " Baekhyun knows how!" 

Ryeowook suddenly laughed. " The diva Byun can actually kick?" 

"Yeah, he once talked about that on our Physical Education class. " Chanyeol proudly spoke. " He reached up to Junior Black Belt!"

" Well... where shall we start looking for this black belter then?"

There was a shuffle at the door of the court. Everyone looked at the arrival of the student president-and there classmate. "Sorry I'm late. A meeting held me back as always." 

"No problem." Ryeowook replied. "Say... We still have a lot to fix around here. Could you accompany Chanyeol while he finds Byun Baekhyun? He needs to learn atleast a little martial arts skills." 

There was an unexpected glint at the president's eyes. "Uh yeah sure." 

" Great! Now move along giraffe boy!" Ryeowook playfully pushed the lanky fire boy forward. " Update me if you ever found Byun Baekhyun." 

"Aye sir!" The fire shifter exclaimed, walking backwards towards the door the president was currently situated at. " I'll learn those skills, pres! Don't worry!" Then he turned around and ran fastly, missing Kris on his way who was only walking unlike the fire shifter. 

"What I am worrying about is Byun Baekhyun losing his patience on you, !" Ryeowook exclaimed at the last minute even if he knew the boy was too far to hear him anymore. 

Kris chuckled, obviously the only one who heard him since he was just walking in mid-air. " Like Chanyeol said, do not worry about anything, pres. Byun Baekhyun would never get mad at him."

"I don't know if anyone has noticed but-" Someone from Ryeowook's people butted. " Chanyeol is still wearing his costume." 

"Oh shot!" 

"What. Shot?"

" Excuse me I don't bad mouth okay!" 

 

"Before we find Baekhyun, can we visit the gym first?" Kris asked at the stumbling boy at his front. 

Said boy turned and slowed his pace to join with Kris. " Sure bro. You need something there?"

" I just need to check the freshmen if they're still practicing. "

" No problem!" Then Chanyeol grinned. " I have a great idea! Let's fly!" 

Kris tensed. " No! Dude, I can't carry you and at the same time trying to maneuver my flight."

"Don't think I didn't see you last week! You were carrying Tao all around the campus!" Chanyeol retorted back like a whiny child. 

"Listen up you idiot. Tao is different. He is a real lightweight despite his height having only a little difference from ours.And you? You are the heaviest being- hey! Are you listening to me you thwack!"

"Huh? Oh sorry I only heard you say Tao is different. I thought you're finished." 

" Finished? I was still saying something!" 

" Sorry, but I do understand. Tao is different to you. Got it, man."

" What the fu-"

"Oh look at that! We're at the gym now!" 

Finally they entered the gym, oblivious to all the girly stares given to them especially to the fire shifter dressed in civil coat and armor with metal clasped at both of his arms. He looked an absolute Zuko-material. 

 

"Wait Chanyeol- isn't that-"

"Woah didn't know you were that y, Baek-hyung!"

"You have a nice figure there!"

"And who are these lovely ladies, huh?"

"Hey back of freshmen! We're going already!"

"Should I fly them off somewhere, guys?"

"- Chanyeol what are you doing-" Kris spoke, too late for the fire shifter was already on his form and swinged his arm in a motion ,like playing bowling, flames following at his hands' track, going into a linear motion effectively creating a barrier between the two people bickering. 

After briefing the list of freshmen, he chose to just land on a futon placed at the side while his friend ran to the chaos. He fished out his phone and sent two messages- one of updating their class president and one of Tao for their urgent meeting later at the afternoon and also constant pleadings for the discplinary head to buy black soda on his way.

He received an immediate reply afterwards, not even half through checking up on his friend. He can still hear Baekhyun's nags so he settled back down. 

Re: Zitao-tao-tao
Message:

I'll be there on time. And that's not a pun on me. Don't laugh. 
P:S: No. Buy it yourself. 

Chuckling, he sent a quick look at Chanyeol and saw him and Jongin-which he hasn't seen before entering the gymnasium- talking

To: Zitao-tao-tao
Message:
Yeah, alright. I won't laugh since I don't even know if you did stop time just to be on time, right? 
By the way, Suho told me a new case came up.
P:S: Come on. You can treat me this time. I'm always treating you.

Realizing the limited hours given by their class president, Kris stood up in a huff, but stopped midway on his walk as his phone vibrated again. 

Re: Zitao-tao-tao
Message:
Shut up. I am not a dirty person like you are. Always skipping works, giving obvious alibis, tell me something I don't know would you. 
A new case? Enlighten me.
P:S: Correction. You are always treating me because you told me they are apology gifts. For being late a thousand times, of course.

"CHANYEOL YOU BRAT! COME HERE!" 

Kris floated unconsciously in mild panic as Baekhyun's booming thin voice welcomed his right ear. He saw the said offending man running in dress-Kris tried not to think over about that- and Chanyeol running around flailing his long limbs screaming "Help!Baek is going to murder me!" in amused tone. 

And Kris is not the person to disrupt an "interesting" happening so, he gave Chanyeol another minute and clicked the call button.

" Why am I not suprised. You are too lazy to type all the explanations, aren't you?"

"  Old habits, die hard, Tao." 

" Don't give me that sick joke, Kris. Now, hurry up cause I still need to look at my committee. "

"Fine. Looks like the Blockers are on the run for something at the Chemistry department. They have been coming either from the barrier near the department or trying to shoot the same place from the forest. " 

" That's suspicious, alright. Hey! There's a chess piece that fell!" 

"........What."

"Sorry that's not directed to you. Anyway, do we get a lead on what they are possibly targeting?"

" I think they got a suspicion. Yesterday morning, Suho-"

"KRIS! MISSION SUCCESS! "

"What the - was that Chanyeol? ....and Baekhyun?"

"Yeah. Wait a second." Kris huffed and turned around to see a struggling Baekhyun screaming and trying to arm lock his capture, Chanyeol's, head but continuously fail. "What are you doing to him, Chanyeol?"

" I HAVE FINALLY CAPTURED BYUN-DERELLA!" The fire shifter happily told him, his arms on tight, tight, tight hold around 'Byun-derella's waist. 

" What captured? I don't understand what's happening, Kris." 

" I'll call and explain later, alright. See you later, Taozi." He ended the call and looked back at the two again. 

Baekhyun was thrashing around now. His legs dangling with a little hint of his sports short shown under his long gown. "Lemme go you psychotic narcotic bionic-" 

" That doesn't even make sense, Baek!" Kris watched Chanyeol tease the poor boy. He inwardly smirked. Chanyeol's hold is still obviously cautious and carefully despite the tightness. 

But fun time is over, he concluded as he ,yet again, remembered Ryeowook's order. " Chanyeol, put Baekhyun down."

"Okay! Putting the capture down in five seconds..." 

"Oh for God sake just put me down Chanyeol!" Baekhyun pushed the taller at his chest and stood back, patting and checking for visible tears on the dress. "You're lucky it's not torn or else I will seriously cut-" 

" May I take a picture with you, Baekkie?" The taller easily evaded the threat and positioned himself beside the smaller. In two seconds, he was able to get a selca with a flabbergasted Byun Baekhyun around his arm. 

"What the heck- I look like The Scream here!" Baekhyun complained, hand clasping the taller's phone while the other on the arm. 

Kris sighed for the nth time, sensing a flood of tiredness at seeing the oblivious couple. " Are you two done? "

"No wait! Another one then we're done!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun told him, and positioned themselves on a better angle. Kris should have known Baekhyun would always stop resisting at the end and follow the taller idiot's weird antics. 

"Chanyeol" His voice stressed. " Are we forgetting something here?" 

" Oh yes, what is this something you need that you seriously abducted me in this dress?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Oh right! Baek teach me your martial arts!" 

" Hapkido? But it takes years to master that!" 

" Teach me how to kick then!" 

" Oh you mean like this?" He demonstrated a stressed kick which didn't include the bending of the knee and such for a better angle. He was meaning to be playful and Chanyeol was laughing at how ridiculous he looked attempting to kick in straight leg. 

Kris waved his hand in defeat and sent a quick text. 

To: Zitao-tao-tao
Message: 
Can you come over here at the gymnasium and teach a few kicks? I think Chanyeol won't learn anything from Baekhyun. 


I am back babyyyy~ ^0^ 

Vacation is finally finally here! <3

I hope you liked this update! 

I'll see you at the next one!