A Chance with Trigonometry

When Supernatural Powers Go Wrong [2014]

Yay~ I updated! *\^0^/*

If you have time, please check out my other story too! :) Thank you very much! <3
of-affections-and-secret-wishes

I apologize for any errors! 

Oh! And- 

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

( Sorry but this doesn't have any connection with the story. >,<)


Author's POV

One Sunday night....

"Baekhyun-ssi, there's this part in our Trigonometry assignment that I can't understand." Kyungsoo peeked at the door of Baekhyun and Lay's shared room. 

The eager magenta-haired lowered the SNSD album he was holding. " Sorry Kyungsoo! I don't get Trigo in general at all. Have you tried asking your geek classmates next door?"

"I.. I don't really want to disturb them..."

Baekhyun cackled. "Oh trust me you're not, honey. Come on, I'll accompany you there." He stood up and faced a resting figure at the next bed. "We'll be right back, hyung!"

Said man released a tiny squeak which was the nearest answer they could get from the sleepy unicorn. Baekhyun laughed. " I think he is dreaming already. Let's go?" 

"Going somewhere?" They met Luhan at the living room, balancing a large bowl of chocolate mint ice cream with the remote resting on his lap. 

"That's too much sugar, Luhan." Baekhyun inquired, flinching at the large scoop of diabetes. "And yes, we're going next door."

"Nah, that's fine. I won't be sleeping any minute anyway. " Luhan swinged his spoon. "What for do you need to go next door? At this time?" 

"Kyungsoo needs help in his Trigo assignment." 

"And what about you, Baek?"

"I don't care about mine. I hate math. Period." 

" Thought so." Luhan gingerly told, sipping from his mix of ice cream and soda. "Go ahead then. And Kyungsoo, Sehun is the best when it applies to Math." 

Kyungsoo fixed his hold on the book. "Okay! Thanks,Luhan-ssi!"

"Bye people!" Baekhyun shouted at the whole place before closing the door. They heard Tao's small voice inside and screams from the soccer match Luhan was watching. Not long enough did they arrive in front of Room A17's door. 

"Here we go." Kyungsoo huffed and raised his hand to knock lightly. Baekhyun beat him to it by banging the door instead. Kyungsoo panicked. "B-Baekhyun-ssi! N-n-not too loud!" 

But the brute force didn't lessen, as Kyungsoo winced at every contact of Baekhyun's fist at the door. " It's 8pm, Kyungsoo. At this time, those bunch of idiots are probably sticking their noses in a movie. And when they do, they maximize the volume so that there will be zero interruption in their so-called, fun time." 

"S-shall we just visit other time?"

"Tomorrow is the due of the assignment." 

"I-I know but-"

After hundred of harsh actions namely from Baekhyun, the door finally opened. The two dismayed momentarily on the loud sound that escaped the door that Kyungsoo managed to hide behind Baekhyun. They can even hear the words of the actors clearly from the door. Chen was the one who welcomed them. " Who in Kimchi interrupts- BAEKHYUN?!" 

Poor Kyungsoo gulped when Chen's voice dropped into murderous octaves. 

Baekhyun smirked, unfazed by the deadly aura surrounding the man in front. " Why hello ugly troll. Can we-" 

SLAM!

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun gaped speechless when the troll slammed the door right at their faces without letting the latter finish his statement. Kyungsoo was close on crying but feeling offended at the same time. 

However, Baekhyun was entirely a different thing. Let us just say that he probably wants Chen's neck curled at his palms... tightly. "What- why- freaking hell! He didn't- that- just-" He grumbled and positioned on completely demolishing the entire offending door when it opened just before his first- and maybe last- kick landed. 

"Oh hi Baek!" Chanyeol's teeth smile was the first thing they saw. He and a hiding Kyungsoo flinched visibly on Baekhyun's clenched fist. 

If this was a mere natural timing, he would return the smile from his bestfriend a million watts better, but no- Byun Baekhyun has a more important mission this time. Or was it an assasination attempt? "Hey Channie. Where's Chen? Where is that motherfreaking son of a female dog? Where is that DINOSAUR WHO DARED CLOSE THE FREAKING DOOR AT MY FREAKING FACE!" He asked straightly, almost piercing Chanyeol's ears for screaming so loud and purposely letting the people inside hear. 

Sensing the tension in the air, Chanyeol suddenly laughed. It slowly faded though when Baekhyun gave him the evil eye, brows raised and awaiting his answer. " Uhhh... well he-"

"He is busy, Baek! Try again tomorrow!" A voice responded inside the room. Baekhyun twitched on Chen's stupid familiar voice. 

" Okay. That's really it." Baekhyun pushed his way and barged in. Kyungsoo reluctantly followed, clasping his roommate's shirt in the back. 

"Oh hey Kyungsoo-ssi. Didn't see you there." Chanyeol called to the little shell attached behind his bestfriend. 

Kyungsoo bowed quickly at the giant following them and quickly went back behind a ranting Baekhyun. 

"Holy macaroons!" Baekhyun screamed in horror, pointing everywhere at the mess around the living room the occupants were hounding on. "Somebody explain what happened here! What are those small chips at the carpet? Those scattered clothes? And Sehun! Really? Bubble tea at night?" 

"That's why we don't let Baek here at nights. That germaphobic weirdo." Chen whispered to nobody. 

The maknae gave the ranting "germaphobe" a bored flat look, emptying the indulged sweetness in a single last gulp. " I could say the same thing, hyung. Really? Barging in our dorm room at night?"

Chen moved his way and highfived the maknae. " You're learning well!" The pair laughed. 

Still remaining passive from being cornered, Baekhyun rose his eyebrow in mock gesture. There was small flickers of light emitting from his palm in excitement. " It's a real shame though, Oh Sehun. Luhan even quoted you as the math genius." 

That caused the maknae to stop laughing and gawked. " He did?... Uhh why?"

"I think it is time for your companion to step out" Finding it hard to watch the show with two singer's dolphin-like voices bickering at each other, Kris spoke as he stared at the hand Baekhyun's shirt. The sooner Baekhyun and his companion's business is done, the faster he might continue watching the show in ease. 

And slowly did the new student appear behind Baekhyun just after he heard what the president said. Chen almost spilled his drink at Chanyeol's lap who went back beside him. 

"Kyungsoo-ssi?/ Kyung-hyung?!" The two maknaes exclaimed. 

" Hello everyone." Kyungsoo meekly replied and bowed respectively at the tall man who was in contrast, flipping the channels in his bored state. "It's nice to meet you again, president Kris." Kris gave a curt nod and went back to the TV. 

"Do you need something hyung?" Sehun asked. Baekhyun twitched in annoyance at the sudden change of tone from the maknae. 

"Good question, Sehun." Baekhyun mockingly ringed his arm around Kyungsoo and looked at the little peasants. "Our Kyunggie here is in dire need of someone who could teach him how to answer some parts in the Trigo assignment." 

"Well I can-" 

"With an exception of Oh Sehun." 

"What! But why-" 

"You disrespected me." 

Chen raised his hand after the guilty Sehun bowed down. " I will!" 

Baekhyun looked at the other door as if he saw a greasy meat. " Absolutely not!" 

"Ouch. I'm exempted too. Why?"

"Uhhmmm..." Baekhyun pretended to think deeply, poking his chin upwards and batting his eyelashes just a little too annoying. "Haven't you forgotten your little door-slamming-at-my-face escapade just a moment ago, Chen dear?" 

"Well who would welcome a person who's attempting to wake the whole neighborhood by using our door as a punching bag?" Chen retorted effortlessly. 

"I'll skip you for now, but we're definitely not done. " Baekhyun gritted his teeth and returned back to his clam facade after. "So, anymore participants?" 

Suho who was silent the whole time, raised his hand. "Sorry I can't! There's a project that the principal wanted us to do." He spoke reasonably. 

Baekhyun switched his vision at the TV. "And you're watching Adventure Time instead of studying, gramps?" 

"It is termed as break. And stop calling me that!"

"Hmmm not so sure about that sorry~" 

"Why don't you give up and let me tutor him." Chen butted in, swinging his feet haughtily. That seemed to unnerve something in the magenta-haired boy. 

Baekhyun threw a pillow straight at his face. "Aish! You wouldn't just shut up can you? I said no! Obviously not you, dinosaur!" 

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" 

The left-out needing-a-tutor boy stood still, watching silently the commotion. In fact, Kyungsoo doesn't mind whoever. Just someone who can help him understand and finish the damn subject requirement. "U-uhm..." He tried talking. but his voice was nullified by Baekhyun, Chen, and Sehun's harboring chaos around the room. Ignoring the noises, the two oldests stayed watching like it was the normal thing in the world, and Chanyeol was poorly used as a human shield by Baekhyun against fast-approaching pillows. 

"Trigonometry, is it?" 

Kyungsoo hasn't noticed the single member missing in the crowd so he nearly flipped when a voice emerged from his shoulder, yet again. Of all people, it was Kai again. "Oh my golly! Please give me a warning next time! I do have a weak heart for those." 

Kai chcukled and brushed inches away just for comfort. " Alright. So..." He pointed over the book the smaller man was holding. " You need help?"

That piqued Kyungsoo's interest. Finally. "Oh yes please!"

"I can teach you. Uhmm I mean.." The teleportation shifter brushed his hand at the back of his neck. "I'm not exactly a math genius like Sehun and Chen-hyung who engulf those hardcore problems like eating noodle but you can say I'm pretty con-" He stopped talking the moment he heard the latter giggling in front of him. He stared at his heart-shaped lips and slightly flushed round cheeks. 

"It doesn't matter, Kai-ssi. As long as someone can help me piece this puzzle in whole. Do you understand me?" Kyungsoo beamed. 

Kai gulped really hard, finding it hard to resist the fluffness. " Ah yeah okay. So.." He looked somewhere o find a suitable and decent place. Partially to maintain his focus away from the cute guy's face. "I think our dining room is good. At least that place is clean." 

"Okay!" Kyungsoo slightly bounced at his steps towards the gestured hall. The taller man smiled from the smaller man's antics.

Kris snatched the remote from an exhausted Chen's and swtitched the television off. Suho stood up and picked some of the books laying besides him at the sofa. " I am off to study for tonight. Don't be too loud please. Especially you, Chen." He warned and retreated to his room. 

"Wait!" Chen was the first to realize. "Where is Kyungsoo?!" 

"Dining room with Kai." Kris answered after yawning for the umpteenth time. "Maybe I should go sleep now." 

As soon as he heard what Kris said, Baekhyun abruptly gasped and accidentally kicked Chanyeol on his arm. "WHAT!" 

"Ouch." Poor Chanyeol massaged his bruised arm. 

"Oh my gosh I'm sorry Channie!" The one-at-fault cooed at him guiltily, looking for visible bruises. 

"If all of you weren't too intent on killing each other, then you would've realized Kai winning all the glory." Kris said from the door of his and Chanyeol's shared room, a toothbrush clasped on his other hand. "Well... good night guys." He waved lazily and closed the door after. 

The others creeped out when Baekhyun started laughing manically. 

"Wha-what's wrong, Baek?" Chanyeol called unsurely, holding a pillow in case of sudden attacks. 

"O-oh! Was I that obvious? Don't mind me here!" Baekhyun chirped and gave them his utmost innocent look which only increased the three's anxiety. "This is golden." He whispered evilly to himself. 

"Has he finally gone nuts? " Chen asked. 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun returned at around 10:40pm. They both had smiles etched on their faces. 

For different reasons, of course. 

"Oh! How was it? Did you finish your homework, Kyungsoo?" Luhan was still the only person left at the living room. This time he was holding a banana and watching a cartoon with a cat and a mouse hurdling. 

Kyungsoo happily nodded. "All done!" 

Sitting at the sofa comfortably, Luhan looked at the two in mild curiosity, more on the other one who was eery silent with only a grin pestered at his face. He knew the grinning magenta-haired know something that the innocent also-smiling boy shouldn't know. For now, that is. Wait. Is that a blush at Kyungsoo's cheeks?

But first things first. "Great! Why don't you go back to your room? Tao is already waiting for you there, Kyungsoo." Luhan advised while still monitoring the other with hawk-like eyes. 

Said man obliged, completely oblivious. "Okay Luhan-ssi! Good night everybody!" He bowed at the two before leaving. Luhan gave a small smile.

Just after the door closed, Baekhyun finally spoke. " I win." 

Luhan sneered. " Dang! How can you be so sure? Did you persuade the others to not meddle?"

"Don't think of me so low, Luhan. Kai approached him himself."

"How is that possible? I'm sure it will be Sehun who'll volunteer since he's quite fond of little Kyungsoo."

Baekhyun laughed sinisterly. "Well I guess you're right in some ways. Yes, Sehun did volunteer, but our bet was on who will be Kyungsoo's final helper. And that's my cue. Now give it to me, Luhan."

Defeated, Luhan slipped a couple of bucks onto Baekhyun's waiting hand. "Fine. You win this time."

"Of course. Of course."


Done! :)

I hope you liked it!

Comment, Subscribe, and Upvote juseyo~ <3

<3 <3 <3 EXO SARANGHAJA! <3 <3 <3