The Boss

Break Up

Choi Seunghyun’s (TOP) POV

I frowned and crossed my arms, tapping my legs impatiently.

4.59 pm.

36 seconds.

She’s still not here?! I pressed my lips together to form a thin line, a habit when I was frustrated.

20 seconds.

You’re asking for it, Shoko Fujinami.

10 seconds.

9 seconds.

8 seconds…

I drummed my fingers on my desk.  I contemplated calling her but heck it. Why add more to my already burdensome phone bill just for that irresponsible kid?

3 seconds.

2 seconds.

1…

I stood up and swung my office door open, angrily. That girl. Always not cooperating. Gah. I wonder how is it possible she still isn’t fired, considering all the times she had pissed me off. Gah. “The nerve of her to ignore my calls and messages,” I grumbled, remembering all my futile and extremely frustrated attempts to contact her.

“Ms Kim, have you seen Shoko-ssi?” I called out to my secretary.

“N-no…Mianhamnida,” She bowed repeatedly, her head almost touching her desk, “Ple-please don’t fire me, Sir.”

My jaw was officially not part of me anymore. It’s probably lying on the floor, rotting from the mere absurdity and stupidity of what she just said.  Say what?! Am I that intimidating?! Don’t get me wrong, I’m not that fierce and scary. Right? I’m just doing my job! And upholding my position as the BOSS. A boss has to be strict right?! Strict, stern, sarcastic and cold, that’s the perfect boss! Right?

Before I could retort some snide remark to the trembling girl, I felt something bump into me.

Anger boiled in me. Did I mention how much I hated people to touch me?

I whirled around. “YAH! Use your eyes! You have them for a reason you know! Not just to-“ I stopped in my sentence as I saw the tired-looking, troubled girl before me. My eyes widened. Shoko? She looks like she just cried. Her hair, her clothes, her face, everything’s in a mess. Of course, she’s always been a walking mess, but this is the first time I’ve seen her…

“I know, I know I’m late,” She sighed, raising both hands.

I stared at her, trying to figure out what could have happened to her. Her sad eyes bore into mine. I looked away. I felt uneasy. NONONO. CHOI SEUNGHYUN! YOU’RE THE BOSS HERE. AND THE BOSS DOES NOT FEEL UNEASY.

 “Fire me if you want, it doesn’t matter anymore.”

I thought I heard her whisper “Nothing matters now.”

I studied her. She seemed so sad. All my anger subsided. She’s late!!! You’re the boss!!! Scold her! Show her what happens to people who disobey the BOSS! My mind screamed but my heart gently whispered, “Let it slide.”

Shoko’s POV

I’m late. And what’s worst, I bumped into him.

I’m going to get hell from him. But I’m too tired to argue with that irritating weird guy anymore. Those memories are draining the energy out of me.

“Fire me if you want, it doesn’t matter anymore.” I said, lowering my head.

“Nothing matters now.” I whispered under my breath, trying to stop tears from spilling out of my eyes.

I looked at the floor waiting for that bombardment of angry, harsh words. But it never came. I looked at him, confused.

He stared back too.

What’s going on??? I hate these type of staring games. What does this irritating guy think he is? A psychiatrist or a voodoo or what?! Just scold me straight! What the hell is he-

“GAH.”

Wha-what?I looked at him, utterly confused as he stretched out his hand, his palm facing upwards. Hesitantly, I gingerly placed my hand on his.

“YAH!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

I immediately withdrew my hand, shivering in shock at the sudden deafening bellow.

“SONG.”

I immediately complied.

“You may go.”

I was only too glad to go. Something’s wrong with Mr Choi Seunghyun aka The Irritating, Insensitive, Unreasonable, Rude Boss today. He didn’t scold me! I’d better leave before he changes his mind!

Choi Seunghyun’s POV

I can’t believe I just left her off the hook like that! I scratched my hair in frustration. “Aish, my stupid heart, you are really too soft and kind for your own good!” I thought I heard a snigger and turned around.

“Oh! Brave Brothers! Welcome!” I greeted him.

“Haha, Seunghyun-ah, narcissistic much? Hey, dude, you’re my dongsaeng, wait, you were my dongsaeng back in YG, so just stick with Kang Dong Cheol, eh?” He sniggered. He leaned back in his chair and put his legs on my desk. Yes. He put his FREAKING DIRTY LEG WHICH WAS PROBABLY OVERFLOWING WITH GERMS on MY TABLE.

You know how much I hated people who did that? But this ajusshi here is my sunbae…GAH.

“Dong Cheol-ssi,” I emphasized the word ‘ssi’. NO FREAKING WAY AM I CALLING THIS ANNOYING DUDE HYUNG.GAH.

He smirked. “So, where’s the song?”

I gestured to the papers on the desk. He reached out to take it but I quickly snatched it away.

“I’ve haven’t gone through it either, so we’ll look together.”

“Fine, whatever man.”

I rolled my eyes. Look at this 32 year old ajusshi trying to act cool. But, I’m the boss here. This is my company. This isn’t YG.

I sneered upon this realization.

“Dong Cheol-ssi, please get your leg off my table.”

“Ohhh so this little kid knows how to talk back to your sunbae, hmm?” He reached out and pinched my cheeks. Mind you, not in the aigoo-so-cute way but the vicious I-wanna-punch-you-but-I-can’t way. You know what I mean??? I flinched from his touch.

“Please restrain yourself from touching me.” Aigoo, I sound so professional, like a boss. I gave myself a mental pat on the back.

“Chill, man, chill.”

I rolled my eyes. Oh-boy, this is going to drive me mad if this old man continues to behave like a teen.  Trying not to get too close to him, I started to read the lyrics, my breath quickening with every line… 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone! ^^

How was this chapter?

And Shoko's boss is TOP from Big Bang! *cheers* ^^ Haha, I just suddenly thought he would be perfect for this role :D

I'm so sorry for not having no Kikwangie in these few chapters! ^^ He'll come soon!!! ^^

And I know Brave Brothers is currently not in YG anymore, he has his own entertainment label BRAVE SOUND, but for the sake of this story let's just pretend he's still under YG, yeahs? :D

Thank you so much for reading! And comment pwease! ^^

Oh and TOP isn't a singer in this fic. Just THE BOSS xD But, he might be.... *ahem ahem* Haha, not going to divulge to much info :)