Chaos

Break Up

 

TOP’S POV

I stared at my own clenched fist.

What did I just do?!

My eyes rounded as I looked at the guy sitting on the floor, his face twisted in pain as crimson red blood oozed out from his nose.

I…I…punched…him.

"YAH!!! WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!?! IDIOT!"

I snapped out from my trance to see a flaming Yoohye storming towards me.

"Oh my god! Mr. Choi!"

Shoko scream was choked in as her hand flew to her open mouth.

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!”

Shoko was slowly backing away from me.

“Why did you punch him????” She yelled, slapping me a few times on my arms.

“YOU’VE GOT SOME SERIOUS ISSUE! I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING TERRIBLY WRONG IN MY PAST LIFE TO DESERVE SUCH BAD RETRIBUTION, HAVING TO KNOW YOU!”

“You wouldn’t believe me even if I told you!” I cried, in disbelief of my very own actions.

How could I tell her the weird emotions I felt then?

That guy had already taken MY Yoohye, and just now, he was going to TOUCH Shoko! NO! Filthy flirt! You have one girl already, and yet you want another?!  Leave Shoko alone!

I can’t explain why I felt so protective of Shoko at that time.

I can’t explain why I felt so pissed when I thought that guy was going to touch Shoko.

I can’t explain why my fist flew towards him on instinct.

Shoko’s POV

Everything happened so fast. And suddenly, Kikwang is on the floor with a bloodied nose while my boss was the one who punched him.

Oh my god. Why? This doesn’t make sense! What did Kikwang do to anger him? NOTHING! As far as I could tell, Mr Choi was having some sort of conversation with the woman and Kikwang was sort of reaching out to me then he suddenly lashed out at him.

The woman was now shrilling and shrieking and screaming wildly at him.

I shook my head at Mr Choi who seemed to be in a daze, worried.

“Shoko…”

I looked at Kikwang. A lump grew in my throat. I squatted beside him and gently took out some tissues and pressed them to his nose.

We stayed like that for a while in awkward silence with me avoiding all his gazes before I suddenly felt someone yank my hand away. I turned around to see that woman. I read her nametag. Jang Yoohye.

I’ll take care of Kikwang. “

Who is this woman? By any chance….is she…Kikwang’s new girlfriend….

I bit down on my lip hard at that thought.

Slowly, I got up only to feel a hand circle my wrist. Kikwang.

“Don’t go Shoko! Please! I have to explain to you!”

My vision was getting blurred by the hot tears welling up in my eyes.

“Okay. Say it. Explain whatever you want to—“

My sentence was interrupted by Mr Choi yanking my other hand towards him. My eyes rounded in shock as he wrapped his arms protectively around me.

“Don’t ever talk to her, you flirt.” He growled at him, “go with your flirty girlfriend and ruin your own despicable lives.”