5 pm?!

Break Up

Shoko's POV

I don’t wanna break up

I don’t wanna break up

I don’t wanna break up

My hand was trembling as I wrote these 5 words repeatedly. My angry tears fell on the paper, leaving large ugly blue smudges. Ugly. Like me. Was that why you left me? Because I’m ugly? Because I’m not good enough for you? Because I’m boring? You don’t know how your words were like a knife stabbing, piercing, driving through my heavy heart, do you? Your words, do you remember what you said?

“Shoko, I can’t see you anymore.”

“Ha-haha, hey oppa, very funny, you’re seeing me right now, aren’t you?” I did a dorky wave and laughed nervously. “Yoo-hoo, oppa! See, I’m right here! Of course you can see me! Haha, you’re not blind r-right? Ha-ha ha.”

“I’m serious, Shoko. I’m sick of this already. Let’s just stop.”

You’re sick of me? Let’s just stop? Just? Everything between us, those years together were just something that can be stopped whenever you want? Just? A lump grew in my throat.

“O-oppa…” My words were choked painfully in my throat as I reached out for his hand.

“Don’t touch me. Just go away, ok?” My heart was stinging as he pushed my hand away once more, his eyes not meeting mine.

I stiffened and withdrew my hand. I ignored the hot tears welling in my eyes and mustered all my courage to look him in the eye.

“Lee Kikwang. This is my house by the way, what do you mean? You want me to go away from my own house? YOU go away. Fine. Do it your way. Let’s end this. I don’t care anyway. You’re nothing to me.”

Something appeared in his eyes. Surprise? Disappointment? Sadness? But it was gone so fast that I assumed I hallucinated. His eyes were hard. Cold.

“Fine.”

And he left, without even turning back once. I slammed the door shut and shouted with all my might, “I HATE YOU LEE KIKWANG!” I let my tears flow freely as I sank down to the floor against the door. My heart…hurts…so much.  When you said those words, when you walked away just like that without any second thoughts, when you just ended everything without even telling me why, does your heart hurt? Do you know my painful heart?

I snapped out of my memories and wiped away my tears.

Don’t cry anymore, you pabo. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. It’s been a year already, why am I still like this?

With great difficulty I managed to finish writing the song. Sighing, I put the batteries back into my phone and switched it on.

You have 8 missed calls from Irritating

You have 4 messages from Irritating

I sighed as I opened my messages. Who is Irritating? you might ask. Who else but my Boss? Pfft.

 

Shoko-ssi, have you written the song?

 

Hurry up and write the song asap. IF NOT, there will be consequences.

 

YAH. ARE YOU FREAKING IGNORING ME NOW? FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I’M YOUR BOSS, YOUR ATM MACHINE, SO YOU BETTER REPLY OR NOT YOU’RE FIRED.

 

I’m giving you 15 minutes to reply. If not, you’re FIRED. And you still have to give me the completed song before you pack up and leave.

 

I gasped. 15 minutes? I stared at the time stamp on the message. 4.25 pm. I looked at my watch. 4.35. Oh-no. I cursed mentally as I dialed my Boss’s number.

“Finally. Lucky you, I was intending to have a change of staff y’know.” That sneer. I balled up my fists. As if having to remember hurtful words from him isn’t enough.

“Neh, I have finished the song.”

“Yay. Wow. Wonderful. Great. I’m sure you had a hard time writing that single song. Congratulations.”

You have no idea. Be thankful I didn’t have a complete breakdown like the first few weeks after the break up.

“Pass me the papers at the office at 5 sharp.”

“F-five?! But that’s only a few minutes from now!”

“Awww, I’m so sorry.”

The line went dead. I gritted my teeth. I hate that guy. HATEHATEHATE him.

I looked in the mirror. Messed up hair, ink-stained fingers, ruddy tear-stained cheeks, red puffy eyes. I look like a mess. But who cares anyway? Not me. There’s no reason for me to take care of my appearance now anyway, is there?

I stuffed the papers into my bag and swinging it over my shoulder, hurried out of my apartment. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello :D

potatob2st here~

It's quite confusing now, isn't it? Haha, I'll explain for the benefit of doubt.^^ From Chapt 2 onwards, it's like kinda of what happened before Kikwang got the request and read the lyrics. So it's like a mini...flashback..? Or Chapt 1 can be considered as a preview of the future. LOL. xD

Thank you very very very much to the 7 that subscribed! You guys gave me motivation to continue the story! ^^ Thank youuuu *bows*

And, please please please comment! I don't mind criticism to improve! ^^ Thank youuuu

No silent readers please! ^^

Haha, thank you and please enjoy~