Things are going to get complicated...

Break Up

 

Kikwang’s POV

“Thank you, thank you, thank you,” I mouthed as I smiled at the groups of giggling girls crowded around the entrance.

“Kikwang oppa!!!!!”

“Thank you, thank you, thank you,” I repeated, waving and smiling so much that my cheeks hurt as I nodded in achknowledgement before accepting a HUGE placard with the words “KIKWANG OPPA SARANGHAEYO! YOU’RE MINE, ARRASO?”

I forced a smile, another weak bow, a tiny reluctant wave, before thankfully entering the building.

“Kikwang ah, go to the 6th floor, meeting room,” Manager hyung took the huge boxes of ribboned presents out from my arms and hung a “VISTOR'S PASS” card over my neck, “I’ll help you take these.”

I nodded and watched as my manager hyung took the huge bundle of gifts and staggered over to a small spare room in a hidden corner of the long corridor. “6th floor,” I mumbled to myself as I slowly walked down the never-ending corridor, “Now, WHERE is the lift?”

I furrowed my brows in confusion my lips curled into a pout instinctively, scratching the back of my neck in frustration. I sighed. I think I’m lost, I thought with a heavy heart. I lowered my gaze to the hard floor as I slipped my hand into my pocket, fumbling for my phone, my legs still unknowingly walking at its own accord.

“Ahhh!” There was a shrill cry and my head immediately snapped up in shock, only to see a whole stack of papers flying through the air, a lady sprawled on the floor, carefully manicured hands touching her forehead, her heavily-dolled up face twisted in pain.

My eyes widened. Oh no…

“Ah! Omona! I’m so sorry! Are you ok, Miss?” I asked, concerned as I hurriedly scrambled over, my arms stretching out towards her.

The lady stared at me with her heavily eyelined eyes, her extremely long eyelashes never batting even once. I gulped. I never understood why women liked to stick those SUPER long fake hair on their lashes.  They are just so…scary. Shoko never liked to put these things on. Why can’t every women be like…Shoko? True, honest, not pretentious…

“Kikwang-ssi? You’re here for the recording?” I snapped out of my train of thoughts and stared at her incredulously. How did she know my name?!

As if she could hear my thought, the lady gestured to the vistors pass hanging from my neck, with my name and reason for visiting clearly printed in dark, bold letters.

“I’m Jang Yoohye, head song writer,” the lady got up and carefully straightened her tight skirt, picking up all the papers lying about in a twinkling of an eye, “you can follow me to the meeting room, if you want. We’re just going to do some briefing there.”

I just stared at her, not knowing how to react as she batted her FAKE eyelashes at me. I gulped. My eyes twitched as she grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the lift which just seemed to pop out from nowhere, saying in this sickeningly sweet voice, “C’mon sweetie, Yoohye  Noona will help you~” Shudders went down my spine involuntarily. Shoko was never this scary… Swallowing my saliva, I stepped into the lift together with Yoohye. Just as the lift doors slided shut, I thought I heard a familiar cry, “Eh, NO WAY!” I closed my eyes and shook my head firmly. No, pabokwang, don’t, stop, you can’t, mustn’t think about her anymore….

Shoko’s POV

I fidgeted with my vistor’s pass as I watched my Boss glance at his watch with growing irritation.

“So, is it the meeting room first or the recording studio?” He asked, deadly calm, as his watch ticked away. We were late. And Mr Choi wasn’t liking all right. I sighed as I leaned against the wall.

FLASHBACK

Ding Dong.

I opened the door, my bag slung over my shoulders. I smiled and waved at Mr Choi was dressed in his usual formal long shirt and tie. He frowned and seemingly scrutinsed my attire. I bit my lip as his eyes questiongly studied my “I LOVE INFINITE” T-shirt and baggy bermudas.

“Is.This.Proper.Work.Attire.Ms.Fujinami?” He asked. Seems like Mr Nice Boss only lasted for a while. I flushed as I shook my head before returning to my room and returning with my bermudas replaces with jeans.

Mr Choi’s frown seemed to sink down even more. Without a single word he suddenly grabbed my shoulders and pushed me into the room, sitting me down on my bed with a plonk and before I could process everything, he was flinging pieces of fabric after pieces of fabrics at me.

“Nuh-uh.” “Nope.” “Eww.” “Gosh, just throw this piece of disgusting cloth away.” “
YOU HAVE NO DECENT CLOTHES, OH MY.” “Oh dear, what have you been doing, Shoko Fujinami-ssi?!” “Are you sure this is your closet?” “Yuck, horrible.”

I changed my clothes god-knows how many times, biting my lip as my boss passed remark after remark, all the while passing me new sets of attire to change into.

What the hell does he think this is?! Some fashion model? What, PROJECT RUNWAY?! I sighed in exasperation as I put on yet another skirt and blouse and waddled back in front of him. I scoffed at the sight of, lips pursed, eyes narrowed, arms crossed. My gaze flitted over to the ticking clock. My eyes almost dropped out. WE’RE GOING TO BE LATE!!! AND HERE HE WAS GIVING FASHION TIPS LIKE THERE WAS ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD?!

“Perfect!”

Wha-what?! I stared at him, face bursting with frustration, not quite comprehending what he said.

“Ok, this will do.”

I stared at myself. Simple blue blouse with *eww* frills at the hem and sleeves. “I thought I threw this away…” Tight black skirt that ended just slightly above the knees with TOTALLY bling-bling buttons at the sides. “Oh my gosh…” Black stockings paired with girly blue pumps with ribbons. “EH?! Since when did I have this?!?!”

I stared at myself for a good few minutes in complete disbelief and denial. Mr Choi must have thought I liked what I saw cause he was smiling smugly all the while.

“Now, make up!” He clapped his hands as he rummaged through my drawers to retrieve my “makeup bag”.

“Whu-whut?!” I spluttered before finding myself dragged to a chair followed my a whole whirl of powder slapping on my face; oily pink lipstick smacked onto my lips; thick suffocating blusher caked on my face; sticky mascara and eyeliner applied onto my eyes.

NO. WHAT HAS HE DONE TO ME. NO.

Mr Choi dusted his hands in satisfaction as he smirked proudly.

“You should be honoured that your boss helped to make yourself presentable. Now, THIS is more like it. No more baggy hobo-ish attire for work now. THIS is the way for professionalism.”

Say what?! I gulped. I felt so fake now, with all the layers of makeup. I don’t like it… I almost pouted but stopped myself. Weakly, I thanked him, before bravely saying, “I think we’re late.”

“HOLY CRAP! WE’RE LATE! SEE, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! SEE THE IMPORTANCE OF PROPER ATTIRE NOW, MISS SHOKO?”

 “Shoko-ssi, it’s the 6th floor, meeting room. C’mon, let’s go. Hurry.”

I stared in disbelief as he started striding towards the stairs. “Ehrm, Mr Choi, there’s a lift here…”

“Ugh, we’re running late already, just take the stairs.”

“What?” I couldn’t believe my ears. “Um, wouldn’t the….lift be…faster?”

“Do what you’re told, Employee.” He growled as he started climbing the flight of stairs, “or else your pay will be deducted.”

“Eh, NO WAY!” I protested before hurriedly rushing up the stairs.

Lesson learnt: Never go against your Boss

Oh, and REPEAT: Mr Nice Boss NEVER lasts for too long.

Sighing, I sprinted up my stairs behind my boss who seems to have the speed of a … … F1 CAR. Okay, bad analogy. Simply put, he was sprinting up those flight of stairs like it was nothing to him. 

Creak… Panting heavily, I pushed open the door of the 6th level, only to bump right into the hard, warm back of Mr Choi.

“Ooft,” I rubbed my head and looked up only to see a pretty lady in her early 30s with a familiar looking young man. A good looking man who I knew all too well. I took a sharp intake of breath as my eyes pierced through his. In that instant, it was like a burst of electricity had surged through me, tingling, thrilling yet so extremely painful.

Kikwang.

Lee Kikwang.

He’s here.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everybody! Finally an update! ^^ Sorry for not updating for so long :) Got carried away with my other fic, cos I usually update the one that is more "popular" lol :D

And I'm so sorry, i think this story is so FAIL. I'm really really bad at "romance" I guess :// I think I better stick to comedy ><

Anyways, thank you for reading.

ESPECIALLY FOR DEBORAH AND JIAHUI: Hello (: This is so embarrasing *hides face* Don't read anymore ok? haha, so fail sehhhh :3 Hahaha

Haha, that's all guys! (: Thank you for reading and please, please do comment! :D