Chapter 4

Love Happens... Beyond Monday

For the 3rd week filming,  Cho PD talked to the other PDs into giving Jihyo another chance, promising to push a loveline and convincing them it would work with HaHa. They had back-up plan. With pressure from the company, they were pushed to agree if the love line is not established by the 10th episode, the company will come in and have detailed script of the loveline.  All the PDs initially had made a pact that the show will only be guided but never scripted. They are taking a risk by wanting to feature an average guy with so little time.  The’re back-up plan is to at least have Joongki or Jongkook to take on the loveline.

Cho PD met up with Jaesuk, HaHa and Sukjin to discuss about setting up the loveline. He can’t tell everybody or it will not appear natural if they are pressured to do it.  They agreed to push it to HaHa but if Jihyo doesn’t go for it, they will push it to the two most handsome members. Jaesuk agreed with Cho to have Jihyo on as permanent. After the meeting, Cho and HaHa were the last ones out. HaHa was expressing his concern.  He doesn’t think he can do it with Jihyo because shee seem tough and a more feminine girl would suit him. He also had doubts because he saw how his bestfriend Gary was captivated by the girl.  He didn’t ask Gary but he was watching him during filming.  He agreed to coach him, he had to watch him. 

HaHa caught up with Jaesuk at the car park. “Hyung, if it doesn’t work with me, can you please push it to Gary? I think he likes her”

“He told you that?? I noticed he was different last week! I thought he was just tired”

“No, hyung. I saw it.  After the other girl, he never looked at any girl the way he looked at her last week.  We both know how he suffered.  I think this is the best chance for him to gain back his confidence.”

Jaesuk’s was nodding, in deep thought. “Yes, I know. You asked me to bring him out of that state.  He’s been broken so bad it’s disheartening to watch him.  We took him out of that. He’s doing better now. And we agreed to do this show because of him.  He needs the help.  I am doing it for him. You know that. But if he falls for her and she doesn’t like him the way he does, that would break him the second time”  HaHa nodded in agreement but still he wanted Gary to have that hope. Jaesuk too wanted that but he would never forgive himself if he pushed it towards Gary and he breaks after realizing it was just an act. “OK hyung.  For now, I will do my best. But if he naturally goes for it, then we can’t do anything about it.”

“I am divided here. But let’s just leave it at that. Let him lead his own character in the show.  We’ll take it as it comes.  We can’t control him, we can only support him.  But aiisshh he’s like my baby brother, I hate seeing him hurt”

…………….

“Jihyo, which of these would you prefer for your loveline” Jaesuk asked outright in front of the camera. Pointing to HaHa, Jongkook and Joongki.  Gary was awkwardly stuck in the middle of HaHa and Jongkook.  “I am regretting telling the PDs I didn’t want a loveline now!” Gary thought while looking at Jihyo who was not giving an answer to that question.  She was smiling awkwardly. Why didn’t they mention Gary? He is in the middle and Jaesuk left him out like that.  She didn’t have an answer because she was worried that Gary looks awkward being the unlisted one, not having a chance at all. Suddenly they introduced Nickhun, to her relief! She didn’t have to choose, they’d assume she’d just choose him, the most good looking one.

“Damn it. I didn’t even have a chance standing between these 2 guys and they put Nickhun in the picture? *sigh*” Gary thought. Suddenly “Let’s put Gary Hyung there and see how he stands” HaHa pushed Gary to the middle.  He saw Gary sigh when Nickhun came. He was down. He needed to push Gary.  He didn’t mind being the mean one.  He knows Gary has his charms that made up for his average looks. Gary was upset. With that but realized cameras are filming, he had to go with it. Jihyo was just smiling, not laughing along. He is nearer now.

….

In the pool, Jihyo noticed Gary constantly looking at her and most of the time with a worried face.  She was the first to be tossed by her team over the high jump crossbar built in the pool.  She fell backwards into the water.  She didn’t see how Gary reacted to that because her team was blocking her view but she is sure he must not have laughed considering the worried face just before she fell. was conscious with her look. She asked for a mirror from the staff. Gary is looking at her, she needs to know how she looks. Her team continuously picked on her for that failure and still wanting a mirror in that situation. Gary was trying to catch what’s happening from behind the others.  He was at the opposite pole.

Jaesuk saw that Gary was so serious while filming, he decided to lighten things up for him. Picking on him a few times and distracting him from the mission. Jihyo in another team could not get close to him.  She watched Jaesuk did it a few times and thought that it would not be too obvious if she just continue what Jaesuk is doing.  She slowly approached Gary from  behind.  Stood close to him, watched his face. He turned and got the shock of his life! “What are you trying to do??” She just smiled. He was more embarrassed than upset. She was standing too close. And then, he was happy.

…………..

Jongkook, Gary and Jihyo from different sides, ran to the big fossil display.  Gary saw Jihyo and slowed down while Jongkook rushed in. His moment has come! He reached out for Jihyo and held her back at the door. She was trying to release herself from him but half-heartedly. This is the first time ever they touched.  They were smiling while pushing and pulling at each other. Cho PD was watching from behind the camera. He was happy because his first choice is showing sign that he’s interested in the loveline with his friend.

………

After they finished, PDs and cast gathered.  The guests are in the food room with the rest of the crews.

Cho briefed them on the current situation where a female permanent will be included and they have to decide now because a loveline needs to be in place in 5 weeks or the show will get boring. Cho asked them to raise their hands to vote for one of the 5 female guests that had appeared.  Jihyo won unanimously. Cho called for Jihyo to come in to announce it to her. Since she is not attached to any company, she readily agreed.  The cast members stood up to give her a warm group hug. Dancing around her to welcome her to the group.  She saw Gary’s face smiling happily at her and nodding in acknowledgment. She smiled and hugged him.

“Wooaahhh you’re choosing your loveline already?” Kwangsoo responding to that hug he saw.  Both heads down and blushing.  Cho is even happier.

“Aniya… Gary oppa was just so shy. I had to go to him” Jihyo justified the hug.  Gary is still blushing. Happily blushing. 

“jihyo ya, don’t do it with Gary… you have better choices here…” Jaesuk breaking the imaginary clouds on top of Gary’s head.

“why, hyung??? I am a man too! I need love too! Stress!!” Laughter broke out to fill the whole room.  Jihyo was laughing hard.

….

Gary’s phone beeped. Kwangsoo had added Jihyo to the group that night. He was so happy just to see her name and phone number there! He waited for the others to talk first.

Jihyo: Annyeong Oppas and Kwangsoo! Jihyo here… I am so happy to be joining all of you.  I had fun filming with you guys! ^^

Jaesuk: Welcome.  You are so going to be spoiled with too many guys here.

HaHa: Why?? Aren’t we supposed to treat her like everybody else??

Kwangsoo: Nuna, I’ll be your protector! ^^

Sukjin: Welcome to the gang! We’re going to make a great family!

Jihyo: Thank you Oppa.

Jongkook: Can you please not include me in loveline. I won’t look good if I have too many loveliness!

Jaesuk: ayyyy… just say you don’t want Eunhye to be jeaolous!

Jongkook: Hyung!

 

After 10 minutes, Jihyo was curious as to why Gary did not join in the chat. She selected his name for a private chat.

Jihyo: Anyeong Oppa

Gary put down his drink on the coffe table and picked up his phone while seating.  He was surprised by the text, he misjudged the sofa distance and ended up on the floor, knocking his head to the hard side of the sofa. He laughed at himself.

Gary: Anyeong Jihyo… How are you?

Jihyo: Oh.. I thought you were busy since you didn’t join the group chat. So I decided to text you personally.

Gary: No, I read all of them.  Didn’t know how to cut in.  They’re all so excited to talk to you.

Jihyo: Hahaha! So you’re not excited to talk to me then?

Gary: Anni~~ I am excited!

Gary: I am waiting for you to text me personally ><

Jihyo: Hahahaha!

Gary: You like being on the show? I am new… I am still clueless about most things. At least you’ve done family outing before.

Jihyo: You watched?? *shy*

Gary: I am mostly at home… TV is always on even when I work.  Sometimes I watch if it gets interesting.  Once I saw you dancing Hot Issue. Kekeke

Jihyo: Hahaha! I can only dance that dance, btw. I can’t dance.

Gary: I can teach you.

Jihyo: You dance?? I thought rapper don’t dance.

Gary: You thought wrong.  I’ll show my skills to you someday.

Jihyo: I’ll wait for it

Gary: It’s midnight now… you should go get your beauty sleep. I am going to do a bit of work now. Nice chatting with you

Jihyo: You too, oppa.  Don’t work too hard.  Good night, oppa.

….

Jihyo was already in her bed. She turned off the light and entered slumber land with a wide smile on her face.  She likes this.