Chips Clipper

God of Mischief

*Warning* This chapter contain strong language (Ya know, the F word, and the MF word). Just a discretion, cause I don't want you to read it in front of you mom and she might have a panic attack or something... Okay... That's that. 
 



"No! No!" Suyeon finally snapped out of the trance she was in and frantically swatted her hand to push herself away from this Kyuhyun who was standing far, far too close to her likings.

"Why? Not enjoying having your personal space violated by a stranger?" As if he was trying to drill in this punishment onto her, Kyuhyun only leaned in even further. 

"H... How? How can you..." Her words were spitted like a roughly chopped wood. So forced and unrefined.

"Find you? Oh, you know, I have connections," by then he was propping his body with his elbows, his feet raised in a silly pointy toe that looked far too cute to fit on those leather dress shoes. He completely disregarded the discomfort on Suyeon’s face as she was forced to retreat to the far corner of the counter, which wasn't a great distance away anyways. However hard she tried to press her back onto the wall, Kyuhyun wouldn’t even need to try that hard if he was to reach out and get ahold of her. And he almost did so, but the intrusion of the confused manager completely ruined the mood. 

"What the hell is happening?" She looked at the scene, with Suyeon's eyes pleading at her for help, and this nicely dressed man who was basically lying down on the counter.

Kyuhyun instantly jumped up from his previous position and patted off the wrinkles off his shirt. "Ma'am." He greeted her in a flattering tone.

If his intention was to have his way on her, it definitely worked. As the manager had to briefly look away to calm down that blushing cheek. 

"I believe Suyeon's shift is nearing to an end? I'm just here to pick her up."

"Oh, but..." The manager threw a disapproving look at Suyeon, thinking that she was going to bail on her job, "she still has two hours left, if I'm not mistaken. Am I right Suyeon?"

Even though she was slightly hurt with the manager’s sarcastic tone, Suyeon firmly nod her head in agreement with her only chance of getting away from this dream-of-her-life turned real life creeper. 

"Oh, then, can I borrow her?" He said it with a pout on his face. A tiny little cute pout and a melancholy tint on his voice, "just for today, please?" WHO, WHO COULD SAY NO TO THAT. 

The manager shuffled around, trying to force out a decline for that offer. Nah, if she let Suyeon go home now, she wouldn't be able to bail out herself! She would've to work an extra two hours! But... THAT POUT GODDAMNIT.

"Okay! Okay!" She shouted in defeat, much to the shock of Suyeon. The manager. Defeated with a pout. Damn. If only she knew that before...

Kyuhyun cheered and took the manager's hands to his grasp, "thankyou noona! I promise I will return her alive and well!" 

He proceeded to jump over the counter and reached for Suyeon. Yup you read that right. Jump over. Like, cool, one handed, legs over in a clean arc jump he did there. 

"Let's go!" Kyuhyun pulled her away from her hiding corner and dragged her along his trail. 

Suyeon still tried to get the attention of her manager. Suyeon hoped that she wasn’t too much of a lost cause to notice her callings for help. 

But then again, how would she even noticed Suyeon whispering the word 'help' when she was busy looking at the ten thousand won bill on her hands with childlike awe.

Once again Suyeon was forced to jump away in shock when she suddenly found Kyuhyun’s face sitting less than five centimeters from hers, "nobody can help you now." 

 




"Why... Are you so creepy," Suyeon asked after they took their seat on the corner booth of one nearby McDonald's. Kyuhyun insisted that a fast food restaurant isn't a proper place for a first date, but Suyeon commanded that this is not a date. Never is and never will. 

"Creepy how?" Kyuhyun stared at her like she just spoke alien language.

"Creepy everything! You tracked me down to my workplace, I don't know how it happened, and I don't want to know how!" She had to raise up her hand to stop Kyuhyun who had started to open his mouth, "then you bribed my manager to essentially allow you to kidnap me?! Do you know the word consent? Do you?! I'm sure you don't!" Riding her wave of anger, Suyeon banged her palm onto the table with excessive vigour. She didn't realize until it was too late that she had gathered the whole room's attention onto her. 

"Sit back down now, please," Kyuhyun carefully tried to calm her down as he briefly looked around with worried glances. That was another reason on why a fastfood chain was a bad idea for a date, I mean, a meeting place. There were too many overlooking eyes. He finally managed to get her to sit back down, where she puffed out an annoyed sigh. 

After a brief moment of silence, Suyeon let out the thought that had been gnawing at the edge of her brain, "I thought you'd be..." 

"Different?" Kyuhyun helped finish the hanging sentence. He chuckled when he saw the guilt on Suyeon's face, "why? What was your idea about me? A nice guy? Someone quiet and well mannered? Something like that?" 

The apparent sadness on Kyuhyun's delivery caused Suyeon to be unable to face her embarrassment and only gave back a weak shrug as an answer. Of course he would be different from how he looked when there was a camera plastered right across his face, idiot. Somehow a tiny little speck of pity began to flicker, and a new perspective of this creepy stalker in front of her began to form.

"Are you hungry?" He asked her in an attempt to elevate the deflated atmosphere. It was just coincidence that Suyeon's stomach grumbled at the right moment, "Ah, I guess you are." 

"Don't. Laugh," she pointed at him with a stern face, even though the effect was less intimidating as her face was flushed into a deep shade of red. 

Whilst trying to stifle his giggle, Kyuhyun reached onto his pocket to fish his wallet. He was surprised to find Suyeon already on her feet with her own wad of cash. 

"I'm buying mine. You buy yours. This is not a date," she sounded so stern Kyuhyun couldn't do anything but watch her back as she ordered her... Double cheese burger meal. Well, she surely ate a lot.

"Now you go," she nodded her head toward the counter when she was back with a tray filled with cholesterol inducing goodness on her hands. 

"Nah, I'll pass."

"Why? Afraid of gaining some pounds?" 

"I'll just have yours." The expression of pure hatred on Suyeon's face was just what Kyuhyun was expecting. That dreaded grin was once again back on his face. 

"Don't you dare.” Suyeon said while casting a protective barrier with her arms to protect her precious chips.

“Just one?”

“No.”

That stupid pout was back on his face. And Suyeon’s face was set on an expression that screamed ‘I DARE YOU. I DARE YOU TO TOUCH MY CHIPS. I DOUBLE DARE YOU MOTHER ER.’

Who was the winner in that intense stand off?

The puppy, of course.

“FINE!” She threw her arm away in frustrated defeat, “but no more than one... , whatever,” her attempt of discouraging him from going too far on his chips munching fell flat when Suyeon saw him stuffing five long pieces of chips onto his mouth. Never to be seen again.

Her poor babies...

Suyeon popped open the box containing her dinner, fingers fumbling to find a comfortable grip around the bun for the perfect first bite. Usually she would do all right, but this time the universe somehow misaligned and every layer of the burger slipped out back to the box with a wet splutter.

The ringing laughter of Kyuhyun came shortly after.

“This is your fault!” Suyeon half shouted with full, her hands frantically waved around in trying to look for a clean napkin to clean off the mustard from her fingers.

“How could it possibly be my fault?!” Kyuhyun wheezes back a refute, his breath short because of the laughter.

“How do you expect me to eat when you’re just sitting there staring at me? And great! You just finished half of my chips in one go! Why won’t you buy one on your own, please...”

“I don’t wanna,” Kyuhyun drove the point home by popping in three sticks of chips.

“Afraid that they’re going to recognize you?” In the silence that followed her question, Suyeon could feel her eyes glazed over for a moment when she was struck down by an epiphany that holy , she was having McDonalds with someone from her dreams. Damn. This is not something that might occur everyday ya’ know?

“Hmm, of course. Maybe. I guess. I don’t know,” he half heartedly answered with his mouth full, something that send Suyeon back to reality with a disgusted scowl. Something in that clicking of the tongue ticked her off, that yapping sound. Eugh.

And thus the munching began. Her munching, that was, as he had miraculously stopped taking her chips and was just wistfully looking through the window that overlooked the mundane parking lot. 

And with that Suyeon realized how he truly was a stranger. It was this alien feeling of growing detachment, as if she started knowing him somehow, but as the time passes, this lad in front of him began to look more and more... Strange. A blank slate that was left not so blank, a bit black even (see: he kindda kidnapped her). But Suyeon reminded herself, even though it was a bit of a struggle, to give this guy a chance. One more chance. Maybe he wasn't that much of a chips stealer .

"Ready to go home?" His voice pierced through the bubble of her contemplation, and just then did she realize that she had nearly finished all of her meal. Unconscious eating ftw. 

"Yes, just let me finish my..." Suyeon reached for her chips container, only to find it empty. She looked up and saw that abomination holding her last chips with an innocent look on his face. INNOCENT MY .

Something in her brain snapped. No. No. That tiny speck of pity that she felt? That tiny chance of reconsideration that maybe there was more to him? GONE. They're GONE. It's just COMMON COURTESY to let the owner of the food EAT THE LAST PIECES OF THEIR FOOD isn't it?! Unless you're prompted to do so, don't! 

Her face scrunched in a moment that may lead to a full blown rant. Kyuhyun seemed to be anticipating it too, what with that smile on his face. But you know what, that was what he wanted. He wanted to annoy her, and she wasn't going to give that satisfaction to him. Never.

So she stood up. With that, Kyuhyun's confidence started to falter. He was afraid she'd started screaming. but he managed to go through fueled his curiousness on what this girl was going to do. 

Without warning or anything, she reached out and grabbed his... Wallet that was laid on the table, completely in the open. Then she proceeded to go to the cashier and help herself on a large serving of chips. Take away. Because this one was not for sharing. 

"Thankyou," she spatted out the word like it was stinging venom on her tongue, accompanied by the soft thud of his wallet hitting the plastic table. Oh yea right she threw it down, "the change's inside. And don't bother to offer me a ride home, yes? I don't want people like you anywhere near it."

Mic drop booyah! And just like that she turned her back on him and exited the restaurant, being extremely careful to not trip on anything on her way out so that she can maintain her coolness level on Kyuhyun's eyes. 

She couldn't believe what she just did. The extent of her action. That was Cho Kyuhyun back there okay, and she just gave him a piece of her mind. 

And it felt GREAT. 

Suyeon looked back at Kyuhyun, half expecting that he would look pissed or disappointed with the feat she just did on him. Serves him right. Someone should give him a lesson, nobody likes it when someone finish their chips. And Suyeon thought that she had done just that.

She was definitely not ready when her eyes were met with an awed smile. An enthusiastic smile that was accompanied by an equally enthusiastic wave of his hand.

"How?" She mouthed with a frustrated frown on her face. It was as if he wasn’t affected in anyway by her action. In fact, he seemed to be greatly amused by it, assessing from the way he waved, like she was a zoo specimen living on the other side of the window. 

The sight of him delivered such a blow of confusion on her that she had to avert her eyes away from where she was walking, completely disregarding the things that were happening around her.

Which she shouldn't have done.

Because she should’ve known that she was walking in a parking lot, a fairly busy one too. 

But the way he waved his hands! Damn! The way he did it somehow clicked on a switch within her, causing this surge of infuriating annoyance so deep from her core to well up to the surface that she didn't realize something going on her direction until it was too late.

A glint of blinding light on her peripheral vision forced her to turn her head around. 

After she did so, before she even got any chance to process the happenings that lay upon, her brain registered a change in her sight from just moments before.

Kyuhyun's expression. They changed.

His smile disappeared. 


A/N: I just wanna say thankyou to those who've commented, I really appreciate it, you motivated me to continue on this story :') Oh, and I just got a poster! Whatcha think? Cute???