Sleep Deprived

God of Mischief

“Is he all right?” Mo asked as he joined Sungmin, who was playing with his phone at the back of the room. He briefly looked away from the screen to join Mo on discreetly looking at the sulking Kyuhyun from afar.

“Oh, you didn’t know? Aren’t you included in our group?” Sungmin asked him back with a bewildered expression. By that point, Kyuhyun's condition has been a public secret, everyone’s grandma would know what had happened to him. So, finding someone who hasn’t got clue could be compared with finding a living and breathing cro magnon at the back alley of your house.

But the tired look on Mo’s face caused Sungmin to remember something that may be the reason why he was so out from the social circle.

“Oh right… You don’t have a smart phone,” Sungmin gave a few sorry pats on his shoulders, only answered by a sarcastic smile on Mo’s defense.

“Just answer my question!” Mo grew a bit impatient and swatted the friendly hand of Sungmin off his body. Answer. Give him that, god dammit.

“Well… Kyuhyun… He… He’s in love!” The news was finally revealed, accompanied with a side of grandeur arms movement.

“Whaaaaat?!” So shocked he was, Mo’s eyes were so wide they almost popped out from their sockets, “really?! Really?! You’re not kidding me, right?”

“How can I even If I wanted to?”

“Really?! The player is in love?” As he inched closer to Sungmin, his voice was lowered to a whisper specially spared for occasions like this. Gossiping. “Tell me. Is it a girl or a boy?”

“Oh gosh, seriously, are you living under a rock? It’s the new girl, Su-,” a firm nudge on his back stopped Sungmin midsentence and prompted him to turn his head in an upward tilt to see who in the world has the bravery to disturb his gossip time. It was Shindong.

He didn’t say anything to the two whispering, crouching figures. Instead, he rushed past them and sat next to the empty eyed Kyuhyun. Sungmin and Mo immediately became worried. Was he going to tell on them? They were ready to run up to him and somehow drag him away, but the words that came out from Shindong stopped them in their tracks.

“Do you want me to help?”

That interrupted Kyuhyun's fingers from running through the wall mirror for the hundredth time, when he absent-mindedly turned his head and mumbled, “hmm?”

Shindong sighed and rolled his eyes, “I said, do you want me to help?”

“What help… What… Help…” The drool started to drip from the edge of Kyuhyun's mouth.

“Help! For! Your! Love! Life!” With every syllable Kyuhyun was given a very sharp shake on his shoulders. Seeing that he didn’t get any satisfactory result from him, Shindong turned to address the weirded out Mo and Sungmin “just… Just look at him! Can you believe that this is the man who went through 4 partners in 2 days? Can you believe that?!”

Both of them shook their head in unison, as they oversee something that may as well came out from a 80s horror movie. Kyuhyun's head slowly turning, eyes dilating into focus with a wide, hideous grimace on his face.

“I have no love life,” he hissed. No. He growled. If you looked closely to the gap between his teeth, you could see a set of red glowing eyes of a possessed wild wolf.

But unlike the two shivering pathetic men huddling at the back of the room, Shindong was completely unaffected, “yes, I know, you currently do not. But! With my help,” to create the best oomph effect for the punch line of his sentence, he leaned extra close and whispered on Kyuhyun's ears, “you can get your game… On.”

“But wait!” The impulse took over Sungmin's body when he suddenly stood up, gaining all 3 pairs of eyes to him. He immediately thought it was a stupid thing to do. There was no turning back though, as the atmosphere even laid still waiting for the words to go from his opened mouth, “how about Jungsoo? You are not going to just stab him on his back, won’t you?”

Looking around at the silence, Sungmin cleared his throat and continued, “you know how he might become a bit too old for the single market in a few years?”

Mo quickly nodded in agreement.

But again, Shindong seemed unchanged. “I have a plan for him later. What’s he doing hitting a girl 8 years younger than him anyway,” he only shrugged and turned back to face Kyuhyun, “now here, I have a plan for you.”

He was still scowling, his body physically shriveling in a way of hiding the pent up desires from within. You could almost feel the air around him vibrate, “No.” Ego as big as the Chrysler building that was tethering on a foundation as small as a rice grain. Did he love her? Yes, maybe. Something, there was definitely something that he felt toward her, that was different from all the brief flings he got in all the past years.

He would never admit it, not even when you have a shotgun aimed directly to his head, but the people around him sure did notice. Knowing Suyeon? Oh dear Lord, did it changed him. Not for the better, or the worse, but to a day dreaming/glazed eyed/frequently sighing/tantrum throwing/mood swinging pain in the . Okay maybe it changed him for the worse.

And so, to calm this seething ball of mood and emotion, Shindong came with a great plan. He practically screamed it to the whole practice room that was filled by the other 3 boys and only 2 reacted appropriately.

Sungmin and Mo jumped up in a loud scream, very loud excited scream. They then rushed out hand in hand relaying the information that just came from Shindong’s mouth to all ears that were willing to hear. But Kyuhyun? He only sat there on the parquet floor in silence.

Most people would’ve thought him as a lost cause. But Shindong sat there beside him and stayed patiently. And in the end, his patience brought him a very satisfying outcome. 

Slowly, a smile creeped over the previously stoic face of Cho Kyuhyun. His empty eyes gradually were overtaken by a glint. Something akin to a fire of imagination ignited from within his cranium. His cheek started to redden, color gaining in intensity in accordance to the width of genuine smile on his lips. Oh, oh, ooh! And look at him collapse on the floor! Pathetically rolling around on his back with both hands covering the now bright red face of his, his mind running rampage with the crazy scenarios of what might be. Added to that, he was giggling like a highschool student when their beloved crush just walked past. A complete combination that if recorded, would serve as the perfect blackmail material.

Seeing that, Shindong smiled a smug smile and stood up, “see, told ya you need my help.”

 



Suyeon sat on her station, pen twirling between her fingers as she fought the urge to let out a roaring yawn.

A week has passed since she went out with Jungsoo, and weirdly, she hadn’t get any of those annual 5 pm calls from Kyuhyun. Not to say that she missed it… But yeah, she missed it. Although same with him, she wouldn’t admit that she did even with a shotgun pointed on her head.

Suyeon’s faux annoying messages were not replied and she didn’t get any chance to visit their HQ, so she really didn’t know whatever happened with Kyuhyun. She could as Jungsoo, easy, but her huge ego was stepping in front of her hidden reality.

The sound of a duffel bag plopping on top of the marble table woke her up from her boredom induced daydream.

She glanced up to see a bobbing Kyuhyun with dressing attires that made him looked like he was ready for a holiday at the beach. Suyeon had to bit her lips down so hard to prevent a wide smile from forming. Well, it didn’t take long for her to form her signature frown when she saw Kyuhyun suddenly breaking into an excited rendition of Nicki Minaj’s “Starship”.

“Let’s go to the beach, beach, let’s go get away,” then he began to veer off to a mess of a hum.

Suyeon only stared at him with cocked eyebrows and squinted with judging eyes, “what?”

“Time for vacation!” Kyuhyun began to sound impatient as he began to give the duffel bag a few forceful puffs.

“But I have… work,” her arms sarcastically swept over the barren wasteland of her marble desk, “because of you.”

Suyeon was not ready when he reached over the bar and all of a sudden grabbed her arms. Oh dear oh dear, the last time she felt that giddy was when her junior high crush accidentally bumped his teeth on the back of her hand. She was just glad the blush on her cheek was a bit over the top that day, so that it hid the heat that threatened to overthrow her composed coolness.

He began to lead her, up, up, and eventually, over the glass bars and onto the other side of the desk.

Then, without her brain complety processing it, Kyuhyun had get ahold of the duffel bag and pulled her out from the lobby door and into an opened one belonging to a mini van.

“LET’S GO TO THE BEACH, BEACH, LET’S GO GET AWAY.” Suyeon looked around her to find a full house of casts and crews (yes, that included Jungsoo, sadly? Or is this drama fuel?) synonymously singing what seemed to be the theme song of the weekend.

“So? Ready to go, Sygin?” Kyuhyun excitedly looked over to her from the shotgun seat.

Suyeon only shrugged and followed the chorus on a loud, off pitch, “Starships were meant to flyyyy~” Hey, a chance to get off that mundane job of hers were always welcomed.

“That’s what I thought.”

Beach holiday is coming eeesss~


 A/N: It's 8 AM in the morning and I haven't slept... Sorry for any weird wordings and grammar mistakes... Those words were just spewing out without any harness so yeah... I'll edit asap. AND. THE RETURN OF MO. Help me. Who do you imagine him look like?