Post Its and Water Bottles

God of Mischief

Armed with the stack of pink post its, a pen, and a half empty crate of mineral water bottles, Suyeon was ready to start on her journey. At first, she walked around with a slight hunch on her back. Her head cautiously snapping from side to side as the tension from the fear of getting caught was looming imminently. But then she realized that acting like a terrified chicken was not the best thing to do, no. The trick for not raising any suspicion is to act like you own the place. Head raised high, long confident stride, a deathly glare on your eyes. Well, maybe not the last one, but you know what I mean. Suyeon immediately applied her theory and straightened her back, making sure that she looked like she know where she was going even though she knew jack.

She walked in and out of the rooms as quick and as technical as a trained personnel would. Trained personnel for pranks that was. Leaving no trace behind but a storm of pink post its, hidden on all nooks and crannies imaginable. And she left that bit of herself to every room that she visited. Junk storage, wardrobe department, pantry, toilet, sound equipment, and a special meticulous care for the dressing rooms. Sometimes her mind would leak out a sensible argument countering the act she was committing. But it was turned down as fast as it popped up by the boiling storm of adrenaline and euphoria inside.

Nothing could stop her then, nothing could. She was just pulled up onto the stage by one of her idols, for god sake! Anything is possible!


Her confidence that she could easily got away from doing this deed was partly boosted with the lack of life in this backstage. She literally hadn't seen another person during all her roaming around the place. Really made her feel like she had the whole area for her own little heart to play to its content. Little did she know that well, that illusion of invincibility was going to be crushed, devastatingly, when she walked into a room completely filled with seemingly uncounscious people strewn around on every possible surface that could be strewn upon. 

Suyeon could feel her heart skipped a beat or two, or three, when her eyes fell upon this unusual sight. Not only were there people, there were PEOPLE. 

And she didn't even walk in quietly. It was more to the likes of 'barging in'.

"," Suyeon thought to herself. Or did she said it out loud? It seemed like the second outcome was the one that happened, however bad she wished for it to be the first.

The whole scene following Suyeon's accident with her potty mouth played like something out of a horror movie. A zombie flick, that is. A 'Don't Open, Dead Inside' placate should've been hung in front of the door. With pasty white skin and dark circles that would make a panda jealous, little by little, the deadites were starting to stir awake. They slowly turned their heads to face the source of disturbance, Suyeon, as if she was a fresh meat dripping with blood.

A girl laying closest to her feet, so close in fact, that Suyeon never noticed her in that brief moment and that her shoelaces were almost touching the girl's nostrils, grunted something that sounded similarly to, "what?"

Suyeon was just about to walk away, slowly this time, thinking that she should get the heck out of this place before more woke up. Too late for that. The one 'What' was soon joined with an anti climatic wave of slurred speech. 

"Um... Just wondering if you guys want any mineral water?" Suyeon managed to squeeze out her go to phase that she already practiced over and over just in case for occasions like this. Even though the scale of this encounter was far bigger than the one she imagined.

"Yem just em... Lif em der just... der yem der..." the girl struggled to speak with a brain that was half booted as her arms pitifully flailed around trying to point into some place on the distance.

"Well..." Suyeon bent down, unsure, and left the crates on an arms reach to the girl, "There you go, then."

"Hem ye dankyu..."

Slowly, slowly she backed away on her tip toes. Only when the door knob gave an assuring click did she let out her held up breath. 

"That was a near death experience," Suyeon muttered under her breath in relieve.

"What near death experience?" Oops. That breath was back in when an unexpected apparition popped out just beside her. 

She scrambled back to her feet and coughed out a reply, "nothing!"

That was a pathetic response. Even the man noticed it, as his expression slowly changed to show his growing suspicion.

"Can I see your ID tag?" He asked carefully.

"I left it on a bench somewhere," by that time, Suyeon had harnessed back all the necesarry attitude and coldness needed to maybe, miraculously pull herself out from this dire situation.

"Don't you know the number one rule for all stage personnel?"

"That we have to have them with us all the time? I know that, but I forgot soo..." 

A smile suddenly appeared on the man's face. A mocking smile, an amused smile, something that greatly disturb Suyeon. Why would he smile? Why?!

"Gotcha." 

"Gotcha how?" The mask of pretend temporarily fell off from Suyeon's face, revealing all her true inner turmoils. 

"All personnel have to drop off their identification card on the check point at the front of the security gate," his tone got more and more roused, as he saw the realization dawning on Suyeon's face.

Their stares for each other went on indefinitely. For every time Suyeon grew more restless, he gained that cocky confidence that he could uncover this breaching mole rat.

It was unfortunately interrupted when someone popped out from the end of the corridor and called the man, "Mo! Where were you?! You need to help me move this stuff man!" 

The man, Mo, what kind of name was that anyway, began to open his mouth to harshly dismiss that call for help. His eyes didn't even bother to stop that drilling intimidation on Suyeon's own. Creepy.

But before he could do so, another pair of head popped out from the bend, "Mo! Come on!" 

He began to look a bit annoyed. 

When Mo failed to produce an immediate reply, even more people showed up to berate him. 

"Mo! Come here! What're you doing?!" "MO COME HERE." "WE NEED HELP DUDE."

The first time he averted his stare was to look at the pack of people and let out a loud shout, "YES I'M COMING SHUT UP GEEZ." 

Suyeon sighed in relieve. 'That was damn close,' her mind gave a pat down her back, congratulating her on being able to endure long enough. 

"You're lucky this time," he gave her a degrading side glance, staring down at her with a squint on his eyes, before he turned his back on her with a grandiose swish. 

"Pretentious prick," Suyeon muttered under her breath when she was sure the man was out of reach. To her surprise, he turned around and gave her a deathly squinty glare. 

"," she didn't want to further engage in any risky business with this mysterious Mo person and so Suyeon did a rapid 180 degrees turn and get her sorry out of that place.

In fact, she found all this continuous succession of unfortunate events really tire out her already tired mentality. Suyeon, to her better judgment, decided to head back to her initial starting point and just wait for someone to notice that she had been completely abandoned for all that time. Wait, and hope for the best outcome from her previous hard work. 

This time, she didn't even bother to keep her act up. Her back was hunched, her face empty. And even though this time she did meet some other people walking to and fro, as it seemed that this section of the performance was coming to and end, nobody grew suspicious. She even blended in successfully, more so than if she acted out her confidence. 

Everyone's tired out of their mind.

That's sad.

 


 

"Oh my loooord I'm so tired!" Shindong huffed as he threw himself onto the sofa in his dressing room, not caring that his sweat might transfer to the strewn clothes underneath. 

"Don't just go and lay down like that you dirty hobo, go take a bath first!" Sungmin gave him a nudge with the tip of his shoes, but Shindong gave no other reply but a soft snore. 

"Aand he's asleep," Siwon, acting like a sport commentator, cheered from the side.

"It's friggin dirty! DIRTY!!" After finishing his rant about how important it is to maintain your personal hygene, Sungmin grabbed his bag and banged the bathroom door shut, cutting his curses into inaudible mumble.

"What the hell?! I tagged the bathroom first!" The just arriving Zhoumi, with his bath bag on his arms, was disappointed as the sound of water droplets hitting the tiles filled their dressing room. 

"You should've run straight to the bathroom and lock it," Kyuhyun only laughed from the side, looking at the saddened Zhoumi plopping down on his chair, "even then I think he would still barge in and either push you out , or he would just join in."

"Ew." Zhoumi's face scrunched up in digust. 

"True story."

"Ew!"

"Aaand he's awake!" The awkwardness of the room was cut when Siwon once again announced Shindong's state of consciousness, "that's a record man! 30 seconds!"

Shindong only grunted at him as he reached his hand to the back of his neck, "something's pricking me."

"Bet it's cockroach or something," Kyuhyun snorted.

"What the hell?" On his hands was a paper. No, not just any piece of paper. It was a pink post it.

"What? What? Give me that," Siwon, being the closest one to him, forcefully took the paper away.

"Whoa what the hell?"

The door to the bathroom clicked open and out walked a freshly bathed Sungmin. It's a bit funny how someone with a slight obsession of cleanliness was the fastest bather in the whole bunch. You might think he would take 30 minutes just rinsing every strands of his hair. He walked out with one hand holding a towel to dry his hair, and the other with a sopping wet pink post its.

"What the hell is this?" He joined on the confusion, "I found this on my shampoo bottle."

"Ouch!" Something pricked Zhoumi's hip when he shifted around on his chair. Reaching down to the source of pain, he found... You guessed it, a pink post it, "what the hell?"

"What the hell guys?!" Kyuhyun, the only one who didn't find anything weird stuck on his possesion or anything pricking his body, could only watched the event unfolded upon his eyes, "what is that? What? Give me that, give me!"

Finally he felt something weird when he stood up to grab the mysterious post it from Zhoumi's hand. Something deep within his slippers, a pricking sensation. Carefully he reached into the front of his right pair and there it was, hidden inside an uplifted fold, a piece of crumpled paper. Pink post it. Again.

Slowly he straightened it. Slowly and slowly, some kind of writings on blank ink started to show up. 

"Hey bastard," the first line said.

"I couldn't take what you just did to me," Kyuhyun softly whisper the second line.

"Well, at least I want explanation, naturally, clearly," his tone grew higher, something in it screamed of interest.

"017-244-5647 - There. Call me. Or else... Well, your loss," 

"Signed, Lady Sigyn."

Kyuhyun put down the paper and gave a thorough glance at his four friends. Most of them had a look of disbelieve on their face, as if they just encountered something so bizarre and unheard of. It kindda is, really.

By then, his grin was wide, his eyes gleamed with excitement. And so he slowly open his mouth to say,

"I like her."


A/N: New chapter new chapter :D Sorry for the lateness! I already had it ready to post, but I had to scrap it all out... I say welcome to all the new subscribers! Whoever caused that sudden oncoming wave of readers (I'm guesing it's you ElfyPuhl), thankyou so much! You really made my week :DD