Covered in Mud

God of Mischief

“Oppa! What are you doing here?!” Suyeon immediately rushed past the dumbfounded Kyuhyun to greet her apparent date.

“I was told that you haven’t gone home yet, so I figured I’ll drop by to say hello,” Jungsoo immediately put his arms around her shoulder and pulled her into a close snuggle, which cause Kyuhyun's face to be set on a permanent disgusted grimace for the sudden unforeseen skin-ship between the two.

“What is... Happening… Here…” He managed to mutter some words from those tightly downturned lips.

Suyeon acted like she was so surprised, placing her hand on her chest while taking a deep gasp, “you don’t know? We’re d…-“

Her words were muffled when Jungsoo's hand clasped in front of and followed closely with tiny shakes of his head indicating, 'don't.'

“But… But… But…” Those were all Kyuhyun could manage while his brain, for the first time in forever, felt like they were churned in a blender, rendering him speechless, “How could I not know?!”

“You’re not omnipotent, eh, human?” Suyeon felt the urge to point at him while laughing maniacally. 'How does that feel huh, how does that feel.'

Jungsoo suddenly began to pull on Suyeon’s sleeve while urgently pointing at his wristwatch, “come on! We’re going to be late for the movie if we didn’t go now.”

With a nod she answered. But before they turned around to head for the lift, of course Suyeon just has to rub more salt on Kyuhyun's wound, “Guardians of Galaxy, right? Couldn’t wait to watch that.”

The couple walked away, leaving Kyuhyun alone in the lobby. He looked at the pieces of paper on his hand, the ones who were crumpled with the force of his fist. It read,

The Guardians of the Galaxy. Ticket for two.
 



“Don’t you think that was a bit too harsh?” Jungsoo finally addressed the situation when they were alone in the lift, “even for him?”
He knew Suyeon was prone of teasing Kyuhyun around, but that broken expression on his face looked to genuine to be something that came out from a friendly banter.

Suyeon only shrugged, “he’ll be okay.”

Looking at her sudden burst of stubborn brashness and linking it at the overblown reaction shown by Kyuhyun earlier, a switch was suddenly flipped inside his head. “Don’t say that you’re doing this only to make him jealous.”

The fact that he was always around, no matter how clear they implied that they would trade the world just for a time to provately converse, the way Kyuhyun would always join them on their table when they were having quick dinner breaks in the rare time that Suyeon would have time to visit in the middle of whatever schedule they were doing. Jungsoo always thought that he did that out of the sense of worry for Suyeon, a random girl that he dragged into all this show biz nonsense. He thought it was just some kind of obligation to keep a friend company.

Tsk tsk... Men... See what I mean? They're all just BLIND.

He was not ready to see the extent of Suyeon’s ability to express disgust with her face as she growled a menacing, “WHAT.”

“I… I’m just guessing…?” So scary her expression was, he had to take a step back and put up his arms to set a distance between them.

The ding of a lift never sound so heavenly in the ears of Jungsoo, as being trapped in a steel box with what might be a ticking bomb wasn’t the best feeling in the world. He immediately rushed both of them across the parking lot, Suyeon still fuming and rambling about the things he was implying with his earlier words.

He inevitably found himself once again trapped with her in a boxed space and he realized that she would go on her rant indefinitely if he didn’t step in and clarified the topic. So he did.

“Su… Su, Suyeon, listen,” he gently tapped on her flailing arms until she finally set them down and was composed enough to engage in a civilized conversation, “after all this time we’ve done… This,” he flicked his fingers back and forth between them, implying the fact that they’ve spent quite a lot of alone time together, “we’ve never really talk about what’s happening between us, you know?”

"I know I never really say it out loud, but... I really... think that you are very interesting. And I do want to leave all this up to your decision, but..." In his side-glances, he could see Suyeon began to bit her lips and taking a deep breath, which he took as a negative sign of nervousness and avoidance. With that in mind, his words began to take a spin into one awkward formal sentence, “in my opinion, I should state clearly beforehand that it is perfectly sound to me if you were to think of this, and of me, for that matter, as something that cater only as a fun and friendly getaway.”

Jungsoo's anxiety grew even more when he didn’t hear any response from her, “so… What do you think?”

That jitteriness turned into confusion when Suyeon began to let out a stifled giggle. Be careful of that sweaty palm, Jungsoo, your grip might slip from the steering wheel.

“Su…”

“I’m sorry,” she finally breathed out a full-fledged laughter while waving off Jungsoo's attempt of checking if she was okay, “I just never thought that you can worry that much around a girl, you know?”

“I feel special,” she was calm long enough to say that slightly pathetic pun before the need to burst out laughing kicked back in.

But when she finally got a glimpse of Jungsoo's face and how impatient he looked, Suyeon understand that he regard this matter seriously and she should not make him suffer in that relationship limbo of unanswered what ifs.

“Don’t worry,” her features softened as she gave him a reassuring smile, “we’re still going on the right course.”

With a loud sigh, it was apparent that Jungsoo's anxiety level was lowered considerably, only for Suyeon to steer it once again to hit the curb with one of her sneaky comment.

“Well, and maybe because I really want to watch Guardians of the Galaxy and you offered to treat me, sooo…”

“Suyeon!”

She continued to laugh in the face of his mild irritation. Because like it or not, he never could ever bring himself to be mad at her. Could he even admit to himself the reason for that? He didn’t know, because that uncomfortable nag at the back of his head still wouldn’t go away.

Jungsoo always thought that Suyeon regarded Kyuhyun as nothing but a friend. But now he wasn't so sure anymore.
 



“Where is it, where is it, where is iittttt,” Kyuhyun muttered while he was knee deep on dismantling the content of his dressing cupboard. Clothes littered around the floor and balls of socks flew in the air like cannonballs.

One of those unfortunately struck the forehead of a curious Sungmin who was just planning on giving a quick peek to find out what in the hell was happening in Kyuhyun's room. He came home 3 hours ago, expecting to find an empty house perfect to sleep in, BUT NOOO, this lad right there decided to construct an IKEA bed. Or at least that was what he sounded like doing.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Still rubbing the reddened spot on his temple, he walked in and took a sit on Kyuhyun's bed. A change of plan that occurred as he decided a speedy check up was not enough to handle this mess of a problem.

“I’m looking for something!” With his arm reached deep in the gap between the cupboard and the wall, Kyuhyun just looked so pathetically frustrated.

“What thing?”

After a series of grunts, he pulled something out from the crevice with some force, only for it to turn out as a god knows how old unwashed t-shirt. With that find, Kyuhyun finally seemed to give up and plopped down on the floor, “my PS2.”

“Didn’t you pawn it off last year to buy the new PS4?”

For a literal full 30 seconds Kyuhyun just starred the ceiling with a blank look on his face and a mouth hanging loose. You can just see the buffering logo circling his brain like a stupid halo before finally his brain caught up and he let out a slow, “ohhhhhhh.”

Sungmin just rolled his eyes and helplessly looked at all the destruction around him. ‘Will he even tidy this?’ he thought to himself, ‘probably not… Most likely not.’ Which mean, a fun night of putting things back to where it belong! Waiting ahead! …

“What are you even doing here, didn’t you tell me you’re going to be out for the night?” Couldn’t help his perfectionist nature, Sungmin kneeled down and began to re-fold some t-shirts that lay within his reach.

Kyuhyun didn’t answer, which was a friggin rarity. Seeing this open opportunity, Sungmin just kept on asking questions, “I thought you went out with Jungsoo, didn’t he told you he’ll be out too?”

Ooh, his expression turned sourer. Sungmin knew he was hitting the right buttons and kept on trudging, “wasn’t it for a movie? He didn’t ask us to come, so I guess he took Suyeon?”

With that childish frown suddenly unfolding on Kyuhyun's face, it was a definite jackpot for Sungmin. Oh how he wished he didn’t leave his phone in his room, if not, now he would’ve broadcasted a message on their group named ‘WILL HE NOTICE???’ that read, ‘OMG HE FINALLY DOES.’

“Anything wrong?” Sungmin almost choked trying to hold back his laughter.

“Nothing,” he barked back. But that tough act could only hold up for so long before Kyuhyun began peeking, the need to ask some questions starting to crack his façade. Before finally he gave up, threw his coolness aside, and scooted closer to Sungmin, “so… You know? About them?”

“All this time.”

“Then why didn’t you tell me?!” Kyuhyun quite firmly nudged the arm that was holding a neatly folded tee, causing him to drop it back to an unrecognized pile. Now he had to re-fold it again…

“Why should we?” Sungmin sighed, “why do you want to know anyway?”

Once again Kyuhyun was rendered silent.

“Why? Do you like her?”

“What?! No!” Gosh, that lie sounded so unconvincing it was physically painful, causing Sungmin to bend over to hide his cackle. Not that he could hide the noise he made that way, but well, what options did he have.

“Are you mocking me?!” Kyuhyun, unable to face his inner truth, let out his frustration in a form similar to little kid's tantrum. But no matter how hard he went and violently shake his body, Sungmin wouldn’t stop laughing.

In the end, with great difficulty as his stomach muscle was so overworked it began to cramp, Sungmin pushed himself up and limped to the door, efore he suddenly break into a sprint for his room because a very insulted Kyuhyun was running at him.

Sungmin did manage to leap into the room and flung himself to the door that became the only safety barrier between him and a very animated Kyuhyun. Also very vulgarly mouthed, I must add.

After making sure that the door was safely locked, he made his way to the phone on the table. Still laughing and now with tears flowing freely from his eyes, he located the messenger app and with difficulty typed in the news that finally Kyuhyun had burst out from his rainbow colored bubble of third wheelyness. The monochrome glasses that he got when he was being a mosquito were finally stepped on. Kyuhyun had gained sentience.

But because his fingers was shaking so much and his sight was blurred considerably, it ended up looking like this,

JE NOTIXeS GUYS HUGHER INTELLEGENCE reACHED OMG ALLER T ALLERT PROCEDUR NO 3 IS ON.

Sungmin took a deep breath to somehow calm himself a bit. He did reach some equilibrium of sanity (eventhough the person outside the room hadn’t) but his stomach was still rolling in the waves of cramp.

oh gosh he’s giving me such an exercise right now,’ he gave a few broken, pained laughter before hitting send. Hoping to see a heated conversation burst out in a matter of seconds.

And so Sungmin just curled there on his bed. Eyes half closed as words of profanities got drifted by the wind and softly were being picked up by his ears.

Aah love, you really bring out the inner gem of a person, don’t you?

Also, you do notice that people only grew insulted when the truth is spoken. Yes?


A/N: So! The hyung is no other than leader Teukie! (i'll be calling him Jungsoo here cos like... friends don't call other friends by their stage name...) Why? Cause I think he's the only one that my canon Kyuhyun wouldn't mess up with. Yep.

I added some changes on this chapter. Check it out (It clarifies the relationship between teukie and suyeon, I think?)