Rude Awakening

God of Mischief

Her eyes fluttered open and were met with total darkness. For a second there, she didn’t think anything was wrong with that. After a yawn and a massive stretch, when she was just laying there and looking at the darkened ceiling, only then did the confusion of space and time hit her hard.

“Oh my god,” Suyeon mumbled as she groggily sat up, “Hana? Hana how long have I been asleep?”

She reached out over the gap between their beds, hoping to grasp on Hana’s arm. But in turn, she found her fingers landing on a circular ‘thing’ covered in hair.

And that was how Kyuhyun woke up, With a fresh shot of scream.

“WHAT WHAT WHAT HAPPENED,” Kyuhyun jumped off the bed still with his eyes half closed. Whipping his head around frantically as he was also stunned with the unwelcomed darkness.

At that, Suyeon instinctively reached for the light switch and punched it on. Her eyes fell upon the messy mess that was Kyuhyun when the room was filled with light. She thought a feral animal had ended up in the room. Well, same difference.

“I thought you're a raccoon,” relieved, Suyeon sighed and leaned back to the wall behind her.

“I thought there’s a murder,” similarly, Kyuhyun yawned and plopped back on the bed.

A moment of silence before the weight of the situation they were in finally crashed down like a huge tsunami.

“What time is this?” They both said in unison.

Suyeon immediately reached for her phone to find out that their planned 30 minutes nap were significantly stretched into 4 hours of deep slumber.

She looked up to a similarly horrified Kyuhyun. Their wide eyes screamed the same panicked thought, ‘WHAT WOULD THEY THINK OF US.’

With their judgment still impaired with the lulls of sleep, they hurriedly slipped on to their sandals and scattered to the hotel’s restaurant, not thinking that maybe fixing up your appearances and not showing up at the same time is a better idea to tackle this problem. What would they thought indeed if they saw you both showing up with messy bed hair and one of them wearing a clothing attire of the other.

Well, to be fair, they were hungry too. And hunger is a stronger factor that controls your action, so…

They were certainly unprepared to meet the ‘reception’ of the group.

CHEERS! AND HOOTS! AND CLAPS! AND CONGRATULATIONS!

It was chaotic. And the ones the group was congratulating could only stared at each other with mortification.

“IT’S NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS!” Suyeon exasperatedly screamed as she stretched her arms out in a defensive position.

“Oh we know what we think it was,” Mo wiggled his eyebrows while his hands were engaged in a lewd gesture that only acted as a fuel for the group’s excitement.

“WE ONLY SLEPT TOGETHER!” The moment that sentence flew off from his mouth, Kyuhyun let out a very loud gasp that indicated his realization of how wrong it sounded. So loud that it was magical his tonsils didn’t get into his throat.

The whole group also gasped, but it was for a different reason. The sentence were like, a statement. A statement on stone on how their speculation was true. It was like God himself dropped an eleventh commandment on their feet.

“Oh my dear lord this is so amusing,” Shindong chuckled as he was overseeing everything at the edge of all the mayhem. It was a mission accomplished for him. Eventhough maybe not yet, maybe. As the next sentence that came out from that imbecile Kyuhyun's mouth kind of caused everything to crumble back into step one.

“I WOULDN’T WANT TO EVER HAVE WITH THIS ONE, THAT’S DISGUSTING.” As if that wasn’t enough, his attempt of playfully pushing her turned out closer to rudely shoving her away that Suyeon almost tripped down.

Slowly the cheers died down to an anticlimactic hush. In the end was a slow "Oh," from a very familiar voice.

“Oh, so I’m disgusting,” he could see her previously lowered down guard against him slowly rolled back up when her body language turned back to something defensive. Arms crossed far away from his reach, one foot behind another like she was ready to storm off at any moment, and that scowl back on her face.

Kyuhyun didn’t even know why he couldn’t just apologize right then and there and tie everything back to normal. Instead, he just had to push it further. When would he learn that maybe someday, that push would result in an unrecoverable fall?

“I would have a hard time for even just looking at you THAT way,” he jarringly pointed at her when he delivered the bomb of destruction, “As if we’re in the same level to begin with.”

Maybe Suyeon also thought that he wouldn’t go that far and would’ve just apologized. Because for a moment her pretense fell, revealing a profoundly hurt expression on her face. She couldn’t put back her normal scowl on, as she knew, if she stopped biting her lips, that choke in would crawl up to make her sob in front of all these innocent bystanders.

As such, she only gave curt nods, before smacking her lips and managed to deliver a weak, “Okay.”

With that, she silently made her way back to her room, leaving the whole dining room slack jawed in shock.

Hana, previously smiling and yelling hootsies and congratulations beside an equally enthusiastic Jungsoo, hastily ran after her. But of course, not before stopping and spatting a very venomous look to Kyuhyun.

“I would’ve smack you if I could,” she whispered when they were standing side by side, stopping briefly to look back at Jungsoo who was slowly rising to his feet, “but I think I should get in line for that.”

Not even before her footsteps faded into one of the corridors, Hana’s threat came to life when Kyuhyun was confronted by a suspiciously calm and composed Jungsoo.

“Let’s have a walk, shall we?” He gave Kyuhyun a warm smile as he said so. But the firm grip Jungsoo had on his shoulder revealed the true emotion hiding within the mask. He practically forced Kyuhyun to follow him into a dark secluded place where Jungsoo could do anything he please on him.

Nobody in the group seemed to be willing to help him squirm out of that situation either, as mostly all of them would’ve done the same (ea. Smack him so hard he’ll end up in the 5th dimension). But as Hana had said perfectly before, they should get in line and let Jungsoo teach this bastard a lesson first. 

Only then… Would the real party start.


A/N: Yoww long time no see! Sorry for the lack of update... Life's been busy and stuff yaknow
Sorry this one's short... Just trying to squeeze it out in time with Kyuhyun's first solo debut stage WOOTWOOT How excited are you?! I hope they'll release an instrumental for the song asap so I can do a cover of it...