Mate and Fate (2/3)

Our Notebook

Sooyoung cocked an eyebrow, arms folded on her chest “first, I am not familiar with the name, and second,” she paused “I don’t help strangers.” With that, she turned, walking without waiting another reply.

The taller one from the humans pouted.

The other two are glancing on Yoona before the shortest one giggled, earning cocked brows from the other two.

“What?”

“Hmm, nothing.” The short girl shrugged.

“Oh, come on Tiff, your face definitely say more than nothing.”

“I don’t think you will like what I have inside my head.” She replied honestly.

Yoona’s brows furrowed “try me.”

A smirk appeared on Tiffany’s face when she said “I just find it amusing, despite your first encounter, it felt like you have found you long lost lover.”

“Wha-what?” Yoona’s face blushed.

“Oh, come on admit it!” Tiffany laughed “that you both exchange is way too obvious!!”

“We—we are not!!”

Tiffany laughed “please, Yoona, you are in the verge of ripping her clothes off.” She said, still giggling, before leaning closer and whispering teasingly “and you wish to have her tongue somewhere else, aren’t--..”

“Tiff!!” Yoona cut, her face flushed red, swiftly pushing her bestfriend further from corrupting her mind.

“What!?” Tiffany still giggled “you know I was right, Seohyun must be aware of it too!”

“Don’t bring my sister into your erted head!!”

The said girl chuckled “it wasn’t Yoona-unnie’s fault,” Seohyun spoke “Sooyoung-unnie has always been unnie’s obsession..”

“Seo!!”

The two girls chuckled.

“You have heard about her a lot only from your parents,” Tiffany teased “I guess this is a good time to find out what kind of thing she is capable of..” she said, leaning again closer than earlier when she whispered “especially with that tongue..”

“Tiff!! Gosh!!” Yoona’s face heated burned to the reddest it ever got “and remember, we are here because we were assigned to bring her to our village.”

“To let her meet her parents in law?”

“You both,” Yoona rolled her eyes in annoyance “we are running out of time,” she said “it was the next moon blood when they come and turn our village upside down.” She sighed “their eternal enemy, the ware wolf will be a great help to kick them out from our village forever.”

“We have three weeks left,” Yoona continued “and you both aren’t helping.”

The two girls giggled “fine, fine..”

“But she clearly doesn’t seem friendly.”

Yoona escaped another sigh “yeah, tell me about it.”

Tiffany only smiled while shaking her head “we can talk to their leader.” She suggested “didn’t they said something about someone being angry if they get into trouble?”

Yoona’s lips curved almost instantly “great!” she swiftly walked to the direction the three girls already disappear into “what are we waiting for?”

-----

 

“You are following us?!” the tallest one from the three asked in disbelief.

“You left us no choice.” Yoona replied, biting her lower lip nervously.

They are standing distance away from the pack’s land when the three creatures smell the movement.

“Which part of my word that you didn’t understand?”

“We need your help,” Yoona said “our village is in danger..”

“It has nothing to do with us.” Sooyoung answered coldly. Human is such a selfish creature. Asking for help when they needed and burning her house the day after. They are nothing more than ungrateful being.

Unconsciously, Sooyoung’s eyes slowly turned red. Her two friends must come to realization when Taeyeon hold Sooyoung’s hand gently, squeezing.

Sooyoung’s raging breath calmed down gradually.

“Find another pack.” Yuri voiced to the three humans.

“Yours are the closest.” Tiffany answered “and we are running out of time.”

“We can’t help you.” Taeyeon said “we are living in the forest to distance our pack from outside world.” She added “sorry, but we can’t help you.”

“We can try to talk to your leader.” Seohyun politely offered “we really need help.”

Taeyeon sighed, glancing over to the quiet brunette by her side, and another across her. strange, that tall girl suddenly went silent and glancing between her and Sooyoung.

Something bothered Yoona. The fact that Sooyoung’s bloody eyes turned brown when the other girl held her hand bothered her way more than she thought she would be.

“That’s up to you then.” Taeyeon spoke, earning glances from her two other friends “but if you want to save sometime, I may suggest you to just leave because our leader may agree with us.”

“We will still give it a try.” Seohyun stubbornly said.

Sooyoung turned and leaving to their home, the other two sighed before leaving with Sooyoung.

And wasting no time, the three humans are following along.

-----

 

Yoona, Seohyun, and Tiffany are standing in a room, furnished with wood shaped furniture, and there is a fur carpet too on the floor.

Actually, the leader of the pack does not seem like what they had imagined.

The leader pack is actually a mature woman, does not seem threatened but friendly instead, does not seems cold but warm, and most importantly, they are served with a good care.

“I offer my apology over unfriendly manner from my family.” She smiled “and my name is Kahi, please take a seat.”

Yoona, Seohyun and Tiffany are changing glances before they seated on the wooden long chair.

The room instantly filled with awkward silence when the three humans are sharing glances to push another to talk. The leader may not seem that dangerous, but she still has this sense of authority that the people are unwilling to object.

“So, I hear you want to talk to me?” the tall dark haired woman asked politely “is there something I can help you about?”

“..umm.. Miss Kahi..”

“Kahi will be fine.” The leader said gently.

“..Kahi-nim, my name is Seohyun, this is Yoona, and Tiffany..” Seohyun said “it was just months ago when an attack started.” She explained “a group of dark rider started to terrorize our village. And ever since, our village is not the same.”

“We thought that it will be just one time,” Yoona continued “but the robbery and killing do not stop. They take our possessions and even take couples of the villagers every time they came.”

“That is why,” Tiffany added “we were assigned by the chief to ask for help..” she said “and with all our respect, ware wolf, the eternal enemy of the dark rider are the greatest chance to have our peace back.”

Kahi nodded knowingly “..I am sorry to hear about that.” she said “but, there is something you need to know,” she continued “even though I am the leader of this pack, I respect my family’s wish. Therefore, I have no right to force them to do something against their will.”

It was answered by silence.

“The girl who refused to help you earlier, is one of my best fighter.” Kahi continued “she is one that you seldom find.” She said softly “unfortunately, a tragedy in the past involving your kind took her parents away, and up to this day..” she sighed “the hatred is still there.”

Yoona bit her lower lip.

She was forced to posses something ever since she was too little. She had no choice but to turn into something that took her parents from her. She was living in the dark forest and evil was something she see, face, and fight to every single day of her life.

Yoona is aware of the fact more than enough.

Again, silence is all the leader got.

Kahi escaped a sigh, but then she spoke “okay, then, let’s do this one.”

It got the three pair of eyes almost instantly.

“I will allow you to stay here as long as you want, and you can do anything to convince her to help you.” she said “if Sooyoung agreed, you may already have more than you need.” She said “Sooyoung has friends that will do anything to help the brunette. She has done a lot for some of us, and many have debt towards her.”

The three humans are sharing glances yet again.

“Do you think we will make it?” Tiffany questioned softly “we only have three weeks left.”

“It is all we got.” Seohyun answered “it is that or nothing at all.” she continued “I say we give it a try?”

Yoona turned to the smiling woman before she nodded “thank you for your offer.” She said, standing from her seat, bowing politely “I hope we don’t cause you much trouble in these three weeks.”

Kahi smiled, standing up as well as she said “welcome to our family.”

-----

 

“Just what Kahi-unnie thought that she allowed them to stay?!” Sooyoung asked in disbelief.

Yuri and Taeyeon smiled upon their bestfriend ranted.

“And giving me the honor to become their guardian?!” Sooyoung rolled her eyes, taking off her sleeveless shirt before she slipped a new one.

“What bother you that much?” Taeyeon smirked “afraid that you cannot control your hormone, now that some girls come and tag along? Following you around?”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes in annoyance “please, it doesn’t even crossed my mind.”

“I bet one time you will find yourself hovered on top of one of the girl—wait, maybe it will be the tallest one, Yoona, right?” Yuri laughed “she is the only girl who dared enough to meet your burning soul through that red eyes.”

“Hey—“ Taeyeon was about to protest.

“Ok, fine, aside from you.” Yuri corrected “but it was because you know Sooyoung since childhood, and you have seen it since forever.” She said mockingly “you are lucky saw it when you were still a little innocent kid who find everything adorable.”

“I hate you.” Sooyoung mumbled, taking her bow and arrows.

She was just delivered the news by this morning, about the three humans as their extra help, along with her extra work since they didn’t bring anything yesterday except three humans. No, they hadn’t filled the quota of their weekly hunting.

She was assigned to help the three to familiarize with their wild life, actually three of them with her two bestfriends.

“I love you too.” Taeyeon giggled.

“Go away,” Sooyoung shoved as she strolled from her room, going outside “I thought you want to stay this time?”

“Stay? here? really?” Taeyeon smirked “gosh, how could I let this chance pass? My mate might be one of them.”

Yuri scoffed disgustingly “you are unbelievable,” her nose scrunched “can you imagine what will they thinking about if they know what you had inside your head?”

“They might like it.”

“You are disgusting.” Yuri said in amazement.

“What? So, Sooyoung allowed to the girl but--..”

“I didn’t!!” Sooyoung cut, turning to glare at her two bestfriends.

But teasing smiles are all she got.

“I mean, I didn’t do it with the intention of what you’ve thought!!”

“Really?”

“Well, basically speaking, looking at how scared they were even if they outnumber the wemic,” Yuri probed “we may already guess that they are humans.” She smirked “but you needed to taste her to--..”

“Blood!!” Sooyoung groaned “you said it like—like..!!” she sighed “whatever!” and turned to go out from their home, meeting the three girls who already waited for them outside.

“Beside can just smell them or something, not--..”

“They smell like the forest!!!” Sooyoung turned and yelled in annoyance before she continue her trip.

Yuri and Taeyeon are giggling their way out “this is going to be fun.”

“Yeah, I bet it will.”

-----

 

“Why did you use bow and arrows?”

“Aren’t ware wolf supposed to hunt by running and fight their prey face-to-face?”

“What are we going to hunt today?”

“How much will we need to---..”

Yoona’s steps stopped, along with her sequence of unanswered questions when the figure in front of her stopped on her track , turned to glare at her.

Yoona gulped.

“I—I will try not to—to make any sound.”

 

The other four are giggling silently.

“Is she always like that?” Yuri asked when they are walking though trees and bushes.

“Most of the time,” Tiffany kindly answered “she is that curious.” She added “Seohyun used to answer it for her though.”

“They look good together.”

“Yeah, right!” Tiffany squealed silently “they are made for each other!”

Yuri nodded, smiling, saying nothing yet her eyes still on Tiffany’s face.

“Hmm? Something wrong?” Tiffany turned, meeting Yuri’s soft gaze.

“Wha-what? no-nothing, so-sorry!” Yuri swiftly turned to the front, hiding the obvious blush on her cheeks while fastened her pace.

Tiffany giggled softly over the obvious awkward behavior from the girl. Cute, she thought.

 

“You have such an interesting sister.” Taeyeon mumbled to the tall quiet girl.

“Well, honestly, I do curious about that either.”

Taeyeon turned with the latter’s answer, chuckled softly “you’ve seen our community.” She spoke “most of us are woman and children,” she explained “if we only rely on our strength and speed, if we were facing stronger enemy, we will be easily defeated.” She said “that’s why we would likely to train our ability, archery, strategy, well, there are more but not like every one of us is best at all.” she shrugged “you will need more than ability when you are living in the dark forest.”

Seohyun nodded “I see, I have heard about this forest a lot.”

“A young girl like you shouldn’t walk into this forest.” Taeyeon spoke “it is dangerous,” she continued “who knows that you may face unknown creature, hybrid, or—or some dark evil..” she mumbled “or those forest inhabitants who are in the middle of looking for their mate.” She thought. But of course, she can spare the girl some facts.

“..I am with my sister, and my cousin.” Seohyun answered “so I think it doesn’t feel that scary. Besides…” She added, turned to meet the petite girl’s eyes “you are here.” she smiled “I feel somehow much better.”

Taeyeon’s face flushed, awkwardly cough “ye-yeah.. su-sure..”

------

 

 

The first two weeks seem like forever. Sooyoung feels like she was assigned to babysit a super curious kid around.

However, it was obvious that none of Yoona’s questions are answered though.

The three dark creatures are teaching them with simple survival skills, mostly like what kind of plants are poisonous, and what they can actually eat if necessary.

The three human are taught about some accessible area too, and which one they can walk to spare them some trouble or time, and which one they may take to their homeland safely.

Of course they experience things, things like excessive blushing, pounding heart, and wild fantasies.

And for sure, they grow closer. Closer enough to help each other in crisis, well, mostly the ware wolves who are protecting the humans though.

 

Sooyoung, Taeyeon, and Yuri are hiding behind bushes, watching a deer eat near their spot, while the other three are sitting a distance away from them.

They are just taking a break when the three creatures jumped upon the tiny sound made by the poor animal, now knowing what deathliest trap it was.

“You have to do something..” Tiffany whispered “we only have a week left.”

Yoona sighed “I can count.”

Tiffany turned “yet there has not yet an evident if she is going to lend us a hand?”

“Jezz, Tiff, do you know how hard it is to earn her trust?”

A playful grin made its way on Tiffany’s face “well, I actually mean them..” she said “but well, if you want to only refer to her, it--..”

“Tiff!”

Seohyun and Tiffany chuckled softly.

“You are blushing, unnie..”

“Seohyun,” Yoona groaned “not you too..” she mumbled desperately “I thought you will ensure the other two!”

“You know they will help if Sooyoung does.” Tiffany shrugged.

“Have you tried to ask her again, unnie?”

“She barely left alone!” Yoona grunted “Yuri and Taeyeon will be with her almost all the time except sleeping!”

“Then, have you tried sneaking into her room at night?”

“Tiff!”

“Hey, to talk obviously!”

Yoona rolled her eyes “sorry that I am not as dirty minded as you are.”

“Oh, come on!” Tiffany giggled, leaning closer as she whispered “don’t tell me you never think to have her on top--!!”

“Tiff!!” Yoona warned, again, her face is already bloody red “she might heard you!!”

Tiffany raises her hands in surrender, giggling silently, along with the youngest one.

“You should do it fast, Yoona..” Tiffany mumbled while watching the other three are walking closer to them, while carrying their prey.

Yoona sighed “I will see what I can do.”

Sooyoung is walking first, followed by her other two bestfriends.

She is walking closer to the three humans, when a sudden creature appears from between trees.

”Sooyoung! Watch out!!!” Yoona warned.

Sooyoung turned in to find the familiar wemic, however, along with the attempt to distance herself from the creature, she tripped on the nearest root, causing the knife she hold to fall from her grip.

Yuri and Taeyeon are instantly throwing the deer, and prepared themselves to attack, and they start from the neared enemy, the two other wemic who come from behind them.

A loud roared came from the forest creature, ready to tear his prey apart.

Sooyoung made an effort to reach her knife, but before she can do so, the wemic already randomly attack her.

However, instead of pain, a warm body fell on top of her, with blood dripping to her face.

Sooyoung looked up only to see pained expression from Yoona.

In instant, Sooyoung’s eyes turned red, and along with it, she stood up, picking up Yoona in her arms, placing the latter near the two other human, to a safer place.

A mocking smile came from the creature.

“I will let you go if you give me back my prey.” He said mockingly, following along three other wemic behind him.

Sooyoung’s hands turned into fists, her bloody red eyed demand for repay.

And in no time, black furs are embracing the whole of Sooyoung’s being, turn her into the dark creature that she possessed, her other soul.

“Oh, you want a war then? Very well..” the wemic said mockingly “I never tasted ware wolf anyway..”

It was the last heard before the place turned into bloody pool and the six forest creatures are tore down to their soul, last to every little piece of them.

-----

 

There are six persons back to the camp, one lying on Sooyoung’s arm.

“Go Inform Kahi Unnie..” Sooyoung spoke.

Yuri nodded.

“Sooyoung,”

“It was my fault.” Sooyoung cut “I will try to fix this.”

 “Are you—“

“I will ask her first.” Sooyoung, again, cut. Anger is still evident in her eyes, that, and something that Taeyeon can not read through.

Taeyeon sighed, walking along to their home, watching Sooyoung bring the injured latter to her room.

Taeyeon closed the door after Sooyoung stepped inside her room, turning to the two worried persons.

“Sooyoung can take care of this.” She said “we should not go inside for now.”

 “Are you sure?” Seohyun spoke in anxious.

Taeyeon gave a reassuring smile “actually, your sister will heal in no time if she agreed to mate with Sooyoung.”

“Mate?”

“Yes, her blood will heal Yoona’s injures from the inside.” She added “and your sister will be heal right away, not only for now..” she continued “but any kind of injuries will not able to stay for more than a mere seconds.”

“But it is mating you are talking about.” Tiffany spoke “isn’t it something for a life time? I mean, Yoona will become one of you, aren’t you?”

“Not practically become a werewolf.” Taeyeon explained “she will only shared our blood, particularly Sooyoung’s.”

“And that means that she will need to—I mean, they will need to stay together, like—like..”

“Don’t worry, of course Sooyoung will ask your sister approval first.”

“And what if unnie disproved?”

“Well, there is another method though..” Taeyeon spoke “but it will only healed her cut physically..” she said “so, her internal injured will take some time to heal accordingly.”

“Another method as in?” Tiffany’s brows creased.

Taeyeon cleared , for a moment, Seohyun and Tiffany are sure that the latter is avoiding their gazes.

“Well..” Taeyeon started upon intimidating silent questions of the two “let’s just say that it won't hurt at all.”