Yes, I Do (2/2)

Our Notebook

Yoona stood up by Taeyeon’s car in white short dress, the one who picked her up, and again, checking reflection no matter how dark it was. There ware only street lamps.

Tiffany chuckled “jezz, Yoona.. I bet you will have eyes on you. stop checking yourself already.”

Yoona laughed nervously, nodding, but doesn’t lessen her nervousness.

Their other friends are just arrived, and they grouped before they walked inside the gallery.

Yoona’s heart pounded so hard, nervous and anxious to meet the woman she loves.

And of course they need to do a lot of talking to settle down things.

And the only things she has in mind is that how to get the woman alone for their talk.

“..it will be okay..” Jessica smiled, patting her shoulder.

Yoona smiled back, nodded, but she is still as nervous. And there is only one person who can say the word and calm her just immediately.

The very same person she needed to hear the word from.

Just steps away.

They stepped in a two level modern designed building, the walls are from glasses, too dark from outside to take a look inside, seem like a one way glasses anyway.

They take short stairs, before pushed the door opened.

There were people, not too much to make it loud and not too little to make it seems like empty.

There are waiter who walking around with trays, champagnes and snacks on it.

They turned left and right just as they stepped inside, definitely looking for the owner, the invitatory, and their very bestfriend.

“..Hey!” and as they were about to walk into one of the corridor, someone came from the stairs, greeted them with a big smile, dressed in a white-black short dress, white from waist up, and black from waist down.

“Welcome to my—I supposed later to be my second home?” the latter joked before she wrapped her friends in a hug, one for each.

Yoona stunned, frozen just behind the groups. If she got people eyes on her, she definitely already had hers on one person.

Someone who never failed to steal her heart, take her breath away, and turned her mind into nothing.

It is Sooyoung.

“Soo..” another girl who followed the tall woman behind called, caressing Sooyoung’s bare arms gently “Mr.Shim is here almost an hour already, you need to see him before he leave..”

“Ah..” Sooyoung nodded “hey, guys, let me meet you later, okay? Just 10 minutes?”

“Sure..” they nodded, shattered in pairs before they take a trip around the two leveled gallery.

Just as their friends leaving the place one by one, Sooyoung’s eyes greeted by the sight of one stiff woman, standing just feet away.

Sooyoung turned slightly to the girl behind her “Eunji, can you meet him first? I will be there in a minute.”

The girl nodded, smiling to Sooyoung’s guest before she left.

Sooyoung walked closer, wearing a heart warming smile, mind blowing one for Yoona at least.

“…hey..” she greeted “a handshake?” Sooyoung asked, lifting her hand.

A frown instantly made its way on Yoona’s face, not that it wasn’t there when she saw the girl called eunji touches her Sooyoung anyway “..you gave them a hug..” it was cute actually, cuter if only they’re not in these kind of situation, and the image of the touching from the other girl earlier made Yoona’s heart burning in jealousy even more.

Sooyoung was quite taken aback, but she gave a smile after “yeah, silly me..” she said before she wrapped the woman in a hug “it’s is nice to meet you again.”

And for Yoona, it was just not nice..

Once she finally realized, that with a hug, she doesn’t want Sooyoung to ever let this go, that she doesn’t want this woman to pull from the contact, that living in this woman embrace was sure the last things she wants.

And later, it was when Sooyoung pulled from the hug that Yoona realized, maybe she needs more that effort to make this woman falling for her ever again..

-----

 

No, no!!

Yoona can’t get it out from her mind.

The way the girl called Eunji touched Sooyoung’s hand, linking their arms together, smiling to each other, and worse, the girl kissed her Sooyoung.

Yes, her Sooyoung. And it was a stupid damn kiss on the cheek.

What?! who the hell the woman who dare to touch what hers!!

No, she can’t tell the blushing came from the heat since the gallery was definitely in air con, but Yoona’s mind refuses to admit that it came from the kiss.

No! Sooyoung is hers!! And just hers!!

Yoona is restless, she can’t close her eyes since the image will replying again, and again inside her head.

Pacing back and forth inside her room doesn’t help either.

She has been calling their bestfriend, all of them, and disturbing them with a text, simply to ask where Sooyoung is staying currently.

She had no idea, just to make sure that she is not staying in a hotel with--!!!

Argghh!!

Yoona runs her fingers though her hair frustratingly. It was definitely bad that the kind of thought crossed her mind.

Yoona’s chest tightened, and it hurt like hell, her tears falling uncontrollably.

She needs to know, now. and she needs to meet the brunette, just now, now.

And it was than when she dialed Tiffany’s number.

“Hello?”

“Yahh!! Do you know what time is this?! It is a freaking midnight!! For God sake, Yoona!! It is nearly 1AM!!” Tiffany suppressed her voice since her wife is currently sleeping, they’re supposed to.

“..you didn’t reply my text.. nor answering my call..”

And Tiffany’s voice immediately calmed down upon that hoarse and obviously after crying one “of course I wouldn’t.. I was sleeping..” she spoke softly.

“..sorry..” Yoona’s voice was definitely sounded weak and apologetic “..i don’t mean to wake you up in the middle of.. midnight..” she said “but Fany.. I need her address.. I can’t sleep, really..”

Tiffany heaved a sigh “what are you going to do if you have it now? it was not like you will come to her right now.” she paused, her brows creased “won’t you?”

“I just want to make sure something.. and delivered something..” Yoona voiced “I won’t disturb her. I promise, I will go home right immediately if she is sleeping.”

“Yoona, it is dangerous to go out in the middle--..”

“Please..” Yoona soft pleading voice earned another sigh.

Tiffany glanced on the wife, who is sleeping still “I want to tell you not to tell anyone.” Tiff spoke “but I was more than sure that anyone will nail it on me just with a wild guess.” She sighed, they had promise, and she broke it right now “I will text it to you now.”

“Thank you, Tiff.. I owe you, really..”

“Just don’t get yourself into trouble.” Tiffany said “and really, Yoona.. be careful, okay?”

“Yeah, sure.. fine..”

The called ended, and Yoona hold her phone just so tightly, staring, and waiting.

A ring heard, and it was a text from Tiffany.

A smiled made its way on Yoona’s face, taking the box she prepared to give to Sooyoung earlier, getting dressed in casual clothes, silently going out from her room with her car key, and her bag, and the box in a paper bag.

She is going to win Sooyoung’s back no matter how hard it takes.

-----

 

Yoona is standing in front of a house, it was a little bit dark, and the house is in a silent neighborhood. There were just few houses which took quite distance from each other, and the last house Yoona saw before this one was about tens meters away.

It was sure not a cheap one, definitely not.

Yoona frowned. It this Sooyoung’s? how did the brunette own this place when she is not I Seoul? What the latter has been hiding from her? where did Sooyoung stays all this time?

But then again, that’s not important right now.

Yoona ringed the bell, waiting impatiently yet nervously.

Surely Tiffany won’t prank her, right? at least not when she is too depressed to take a joke, or it was too dangerous to make Yoona drove her way here in the middle of midnight.

It  better--..

The door opened, disturbing Yoona’s thought.

It was Sooyoung in a t-shirt and short pants. The tall woman seemly surprised by her appearance, she definitely is.

Well, mostly because she knows that Yoona is not supposedly to be here, not even informed about her current home.

But Sooyoung doesn’t seem like she was just wake up, not seems like she was about to sleep either. Must be working, right? it was what Yoona tried to reassured herself.

Yoona swallowed nervously, trying her best to keep composed, giving the best smile she could muster “..umm.. hey.. I know it is too late..” Yoona spoke “..do I disturbed--?”

“Soo!! Who is it?” the voice from inside the house echoed, followed by an appearance of a familiar woman which instantly tightened Yoona’s chest, where she tightened her grip on paper bag she is holding.

Why the hell the girl is here? and in a baggy clothes and definitely short pants that only shown a little under the shirt. Did the girl sleep here?

“Soo, who—oh! Hey!” the woman in ponytail cheerfully greeted “you’re Yoona, aren’t you? one of Sooyoung’s bestfriend?” Eunji recalled the familiar figure when Sooyoung introduced her to her bestfriends.

“Ah, yes..” Yoona bowed politely “..sorry for disturbing you in the middle of the night..”

“Ah, it’s okay, it was not like we’re sleeping either.” Eunji smiled “come on Soo. What are you doing? Ask her to come in!” and then, she disappeared inside again.

As Eunji left, silence fills the place, with both of them trying to avoid each other’s eyes.

And while Sooyoung doesn’t have any idea for the woman to show up on her door step in the middle of the night, Yoona came definitely unprepared beforehand.

“..come in..” Sooyoung smiled, opening the door widened to let Yoona in.

They walked to the living room where Yoona could put her bag and the paperbag, her eyes are scanning her surrounding, seemly amazed and marveled by how tidy and home feeling this place feels.

It was obvious that Sooyoung designed the place herself. Yoona knows. They had talked about it in the past, about how they wanted their dream house to look like.

Dominated by black and white, wooden floors, two leveled, and there is a pool outside the livingroom.

It was exactly like this, making Yoona wondered how would it like in the bedroom, other room, and--..

“Hey..” Sooyoung called “we’re just about to eat.” She smiled “come and join us.”

Yoona nodded, not even daring to ask Sooyoung’s relationship with this girl. No, she doesn’t want to know.

“..you’re eating in this hour?” Yoona asked while they walked to the dining room.

“Yeah, this kid here,” it was Eunji “said that she was hungry, and doesn’t stop whining.”

“I—I am not whining!” Sooyoung’s face reddened “and—and you said that—that you’re hungry too!”

“Gezz, I am being kind, you know.” Eunji thrown back “who told you to take care of your image at our dinner earlier?” she said, busy preparing the food and placed them on the table, recalling their dinner with Sooyoung’s bestfriends, “who do you want to impress—“

“Yahh!!” Sooyoung cut “just eat! I am hungry!!” she swiftly said, taking a seat on single side.

Yoona frowned. They seem so close for just friends.

“Yoona, take a seat.” Eunji smiled.

And it doesn’t help that the woman seems so sweet and polite.

“Ah..” Yoona nodded, taking a seat across Eunji, and Sooyoung sits by herself on her left.

“So..” Eunji started “what are you doing?” she asked, pretty curious about the silent woman since their conversation earlier at dinner was dominated by their loud bestfriends.

“Oh, I own a craft shop with my sister.” Yoona smiled, forking the spaghetti. It seems edible, and good. It was just a fact that this girl made it that Yoona doesn’t seem delighted.

“I see..” Eunji nodded “it is Seohyun, right? your sister?”

“Yeah. It’s Seohyun.”

“ Right..” Eunji mumbled, glancing over Sooyoung who hasn’t break her eyes from her food “so, how long have you been bestfriend with Soo?”

Bestfriend?

Yoona cleared , biting the edge of her tongue to yell girlfriend, instead she said “it was since high school I first met Sooyoung.” And smile along.

“Ah..” Eunji gave another nod, glancing over the quiet eating brunette before she turned to the other woman “it was a little bit late for visiting, don’t you think?” she asked “is it something important? Do you want me to leave or something?”

“Yah..” it was Sooyoung “are you trying to make her feel uncomfortable?”

Eunji giggled “why are you so concerned? Did I disturb you or something?”

“Yah, you better just eat.” Sooyoung mumbled in between her gritted teeth, but Eunji is taking it playfully with another laugh.

“I—I was just delivering something..” Yoona smiled.

“I see..”

The rest of the dinner happened just like hours. And it tortured Yoona badly. Watching the woman she loves playing and joking with another girl made her heart aches, so bad.

And it was still a little bit awkward between her and Sooyoung.

“Hey, I cook, and you wash..” Eunji claimed, standing from her seat.

“What? hey, it was not our deal!”

“Come Yoona, let’s watch movie..” Eunji giggled, circling the dining table, softly pulling Yoona’s arm.

“Yahh!! Eunji!!”

But it was Eunji’s laugh that heard before Sooyoung sighed, looking at her soon to be job.

 

Eunji released her grip from Yoona’s arm before she crushed her body to the couch, turning on the TV, and mindlessly looking for a good movie to watch.

Yoona sits by Eunji’s side, a little gap, eyes glances between the girl and the TV.

“..so, is this your house?”

Eunji turned “oh, no. it’s Sooyoung. She doesn’t tell you?”

Yoona smiled awkwardly “nah, it was just the first time I see this place.”

“Yeah, me too..” Eunji smiled “Sooyoung was the one who come and go from Macau to Seoul all this time.” Eunji explained “she had a lot of tour for her photographs, and once in a while she will put Seoul in her list just to make sure that this house was just build like how she wants.”

And there goes something she didn’t know again.

So all this time, once in a while Sooyoung was here, in Seoul. No wonder that once in a while there was just time when one pair from their group absent in their weekend gathering and another time was another pair.

If only she was aware of this, she should stalk them, really.

“..and compared to your other bestfriend, it was a little bit odd for a bestfriend to care this much.”

“..pardon?”

“You came here in the middle of the night just to deliver something?”

“..yeah.. it was.. important..” Yoona smiled, should she tell this girl about their unsolved relationship?

But Eunji wore a meaningful smile as she noticed the latter’s restlessness behavior “the package or the person?”

“Wh-what?”

Eunji giggled “nothing.. don’t mind me..” the ring from her phone got her attention as she is busy typing some reply to what Yoona conclude was a text.

Yoona sighed, bur she can’t help to ask about this girl’s relationship with Sooyoung “..so, are you--..”

“Yah, Eunji!” Sooyoung came from the dining room “didn’t you promise to do the dishes for the whole week?!!”

“I had something important to do.” The girl grinned.

“Jezz, you’re going to do it for another week!”

Eunji giggled “I don’t think so.”

“Yah, what--!”

“Why? are you that worried if I say something to your--..”

“Yahh!!”

Eunji escaped another giggles. This woman is just too funny.

“By the way.. I am leaving now..” Eunji stood up, taking her bag before she slipped it though her neck and shoulder.

“This late? You’re not going to stay the night here?”

“Well, I was just worried if you stay here by yourself.” Eunji said “but since you already had your company..” the girl shrugged “and my fiancé is outside right now.”

“What, wait--..” Sooyoung stuttered. Leaving her here with Yoona might not a good idea, isn’t it?

But Eunji gave a teasing smile as she wrapped Sooyoung in a hug “it took a lot than just courage to show at your door step after whatever happened between you both.” She whispered “and sometimes, you need to ditch ego to be happy..”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes, wondering why the hell she ever told this girl about what happened on her when they become friends.

“..and Sooyoung..” Eunji pulled, giving a so evil smile when she whispered another time “..I will make it easier for you..” she added “so don’t screw up this time..”

“Wh--..”

And before Sooyoung can processing what the girl had said, Eunji pressed her lips, on hers.

Sooyoung’s eyes widened in surprised, and so does Yoona’s.

Pulling out, Eunji gave an innocent smile.

“I am leaving now, don’t bother me.. I can go out myself..” she said, running her way out before going out from the door which is automatically locked.

Sooyoung is standing frozen, blinking. Just what the hell had happened?

Their eyes meet, Sooyoung’s confused one with Yoona’s in jealousy.

“..it—it’s..” Sooyoung stuttered, wondering even why she tried to explain. Maybe most of it because Yoona is walking closer to her spot with that scary stare.

“I..I—I don’t..”

And before Sooyoung finished her sentence, another pair of lips crushed on her. This time a familiar one.

And one she always missed.

Yoona’s hands are both on Sooyoung’s cheeks, before they slipped on Sooyoung’s nape, pulling closer.

Yoona tilted her head to the side just to bore her tongue deep into this woman’s frustratingly and desperately, and Sooyoung is tilting hers to the other side just to respond the kiss as desperate.

It never took long before the kiss turned into something out of hand, never been that hard when they shared one. And learning from experiences, Sooyoung knows where this kind of kiss usually leads them.

And they pulled, breathing like they were just doing a marathon.

“..who… who is she?” Yoona’s eyes bore deep into Sooyoung’s soul.

“A friend.” Sooyoung answered, unwrapping Yoona’s arms from her neck, before she was about to walk, wherever, just not here.

But Yoona swiftly wrapped her arms around Sooyoung’s waist, buried her face on the brunette’s back “friend doesn’t kiss on the lips.”

“..so now you know that we’re not supposed to--..”

“We’re not friends.”

“And bestfriend allowed to--..”

“Nor bestfriend.” Yoona denied just immediately.

Sooyoung sighed, holding Yoona’s wrist to peel them off of her waist, but Yoona tightened her arms “look..” Sooyoung gave up “I don’t even know what you want, Yoona..”

“You. I want you.. Soo.. I want you..” Yoona whispered weakly, with her tears running down on Sooyoung’s shirt.

Once again, Sooyoung tried to unwrapped Yoona’s arms from her waist, only to get the latter fell more into her insecurities.

“..you want to talk, aren’t you?” Sooyoung called softly “how could we talk if you don’t face me?”

Hearing Sooyoung’s soft soothing voice, Yoona slowly loosened the backhug, letting Sooyoung turned to face her.

“..do we have something we needed to talk about?”

Yoona frowned “us?”

“Ah, right. if you’re worried about not able to date because our unspoken break--..”

“I don’t want to break up with you.” Yoona cut, her fear was visible by the way she gripped Sooyoung’s arm “..I know I was wrong..” Yoona spoke “and it was my fault.. but please.. please give me once chance to make this right.. can we?”

It hurt Sooyoung’s heart by Yoona’s tears, that she leaned, just like what she always did, pressing her lips on Yoona’s edge of eyes, catching the tears, before she pulled.

“..I don’t know..” Sooyoung mumbled softly “but you give me no reason to do so..”

“I love you.”

“But you left on our wedding day?”

“..I was scared..”

“For me to own you?” Sooyoung asked “then, even if we do back together.. where do you want us to go? Just stop in being girlfriend?”

Yoona slipped her arms back around Sooyoung’s waist “..no, I want to marry you..”

Sooyoung heaved another sigh “..now you confused me..”

“Sooyoung.. I love you, and leaving you was the worst mistake I had ever done.” Yoona spoke “I was being stupid, and I didn’t think much back then..” Yoona mumbled “and I know.. I hurt you..”

“But please.. let me make this right.. I promise this won’t happen ever again..” Yoona said softly “I promise, Soo..” her hands are gripping Sooyoung’s shirt, so afraid that this woman will walk away.

“Yoona..” Sooyoung called “look at me..” she said when her attempt to pull from the hug go by vain “Yoona..”

“I promise I will make it up to you..” Yoona said, staring right into Sooyoung’s eyes, her arms still circling around Sooyoung’s waist loosely “please..”

“..give me some time..” Sooyoung spoke finally, lifting her hands just to wipe Yoona’s tears with her thumbs “let me think about it..”

Yoona pouted. Sooyoung might not rejected her yet, but it was not the answer she wants.

“..hey..” Sooyoung called, trapping Yoona’s chin with her thumb and forefinger “..are we okay?”

But Yoona really has no other option.

“…okay..” she mumbled, earning a soft peck on the temple from the brunette, enough to give a smile on her face “..so.. can I stay tonight?”

“It’s late. And dangerous.” Sooyoung said, smiling “yeah, stay..”

Yoona is delighted in smile, just like a burden lifted from her shoulder. One step closer.

“Come, let’s go to my room.”

Yoona nodded, quickly taking her belongings on the couch before she followed Sooyoung.

“Sorry, the guest room is currently under construction.” Sooyoung said “it will take a while before it can be used.”

Yoona nodded, doesn’t bother to hide her smile. and even if she is sleeping in the guest room, she will definitely sneaked later into this brunette’s room anyway.

“That’s bathroom, if you need to wash up.” Sooyoung pointed to the sliding door.

There is not that much accessories in this room, simple yet comfortable. It’s just Sooyoung.

 

Yoona finished washed up with the towel Sooyoung gave earlier, and comfortable clothes. It smells Sooyoung. Good and warm. Like she is being hug, but she won’t definitely turn down a real hug if Sooyoung offered now.

Sooyoung is sitting on the edge of her bed, speaking just as she saw Yoona walked out from the bathroom “..you know, I can sleep on the couch.. so, if you find it uncomfor--..”

“It’s okay.” Yoona cut “for me.”

Sooyoung smiled, nodded “okay then.”

Sooyoung then slipped her body under the blanket. It was midnight.

“Oh!” Yoona seems to remember something as she quickly run to a small couch in Sooyoung’s room where she puts her bags just now, taking the scrap book she made before she walked to the other side of the bed, slipping herself under the blanket before moving close to the other woman “..a present..” she smiled “for you. do you want to take a look?”

Sooyoung’s eyes fall to the book, before she meets Yoona’s eyes. Truthfully, she is a little bit tired, and sleepy, but Yoona’s eyes rounded like a kid asking her parents for a compliment for her first drawing.

“Sure.” and so, Sooyoung smiled before she takes the book into her laps.

Yoona is watching Sooyoung read the book. While Sooyoung is trying to hold herself from yawning.

Minutes passed when Yoona comes to realize it. She closed the book, earning confused stared from Sooyoung who immediately meets her eyes.

“Sorry..” Yoona frowned “I must be so insensitive.” She mumbled “take a rest, Soo.. you’ve had a long a tired day..”

Yoona took the book from Sooyoung’s laps, putting it on the small table by the bed’s side.

“Thank you..” Sooyoung said, making Yoona turned immediately “for sparing some time to make it for me.”

“I will make all time I have in the world for you.”

Sooyoung smiled, leaned to press her lips on Yoona’s temple before she lowered her pillow and lying on her back “come here..” she said.

Yoona smiled widened, before she cuddled the tall woman, hugging Sooyoung right away.

“Good night Yoona..”

“Good night too, Soo..”

And it was a good night.. a really, really good one..

-----

 

Sooyoung woke up, by her usual wake up time, it is 7 past 15.

And if there is something she finds missing, it would be the woman who accompany her good night sleep.

Waking up from the bed, Sooyoung walked to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth.

Yoona might already go home. And by the thought, Sooyoung finds herself getting disappointed.

It will be a total lie if she told the woman that there is no love left, when all she was doing is calling her bestfriend just to make sure that Yoona came back home safely, and doing her daily routine check up to make sure that the woman is doing just fine.

And here she is, going all speechless when Yoona was standing at her doorstep.

And waiting?

If was so hard for Sooyoung to not saying yes right away. But it was fear that holds her back.

What if it happened again? That the same reason Yoona came back to her was the same when Yoona was leaving?

She might can’t survive. So it might be better to see if Yoona mean her word, isn’t it?

After her quick washing up, Sooyoung walked out from her bedroom, greeted by the unfamiliar smell.

She has been staying here a week or more, but it was the first time she has this feeling.

Making her way to the kitchen, which just the same room with her dining room, it was always the woman who never failed to make her heart fluttered.

Yoona is busy with whatever she does, which Sooyoung easily conclude as making breakfast.

Yoona turned, and a smile making its way instantly with the sight of her love.

“Morning.. I hope you don’t mind.” Yoona smiled, lifting the pan with a spatula in the other hand “pancake?”

Sooyoung walked closer. Pancake. How much she misses this girl’s special honey lemon pancake for her? Yoona used to make it for Sooyoung almost everyday, but then, almost all of them are left burned, but then again, Sooyoung never left even a bite of it.

Sooyoung peaked curiously, having the sight of two plate of pancake, seemly fine though.

“I stop burning them already. So you can stop pouring too much honey on it.” Yoona grinned “I took cooking class.”

Sooyoung’s brows creased “cooking class?”

“Yeah. Since I sometimes take turn with Seo to watch over the shop, I join the cooking class for twice or thrice a week.” Yoona explained, putting the pan and the spatula back in the sink, easily lifting the two plates and take them to the dining table “I want to become a good wife.” Yoona said determinately “when we’re married.”

Sooyoung coughed awkwardly while pulling a seat, before sitting there quietly “..thank you for the breakfast..” she mumbled just as awkward.

Yoona smiled softly, but she bended her back slightly, not wanting to wait for the brunette to protest, Yoona locked their lips, nibbling soft and quick before she pulled “yeah, welcome..” and it was a naughty smile before Yoona sits by the other side.

“Ah, did Taeyeon tell you?”

“Hmm?”

“We’re having dinner together tonight.” Yoona replied “are you going?”

“Oh, yeah, she did.” Sooyoung nodded “and I promised her I will be there.” she answered, earning a smile fro the other woman.

“Let’s go together.” Yoona offered “I will drive.”

Sooyoung lifted her head only to find Yoona’s hopeful eyes “..sure.”

Yoona’s smile instantly widened “great. Does it mean I can stay here until tonight?”

Sooyoung opened , get them shut with no words escaped her lips “..you’re not going to go home? Showering or something?”

“Can I do it here? I bring spare clothes.” Yoona bit her lip nervously “or do you have another plan for today?”

“…I don’t have one.” Sooyoung answered “I might just stay at home all day.”

It was getting hard for Yoona to hide her smile “..then.. can we have a date?”

“..wh-what?”

“Movie date? Like how we always did? It has been months since our last date.”

“..but.. I—I don’t think--..”

“We can watch Harry Potter.” Yoona cut, definitely know how to win the conversation, yet again Sooyoung’s heart.

Sooyoung’s lips slowly curved in a smile “Harry Potter? I will wash the dishes, you can prepare the couch!” she giggled, quickly showing the last bite of her pancake before taking her plates on the sink, doing the same with Yoona’s.

Yoona smiled by the tall latter’s behavior. Sooyoung is still adorable and sweet in the same time. still easy to fall in love with, and always so kind to ever remember grudge.

And yeah, it is obviously time for cuddling..

-----

 

As usual, the gathering which by now took place at a family restaurant is seriously so loud. There are just eight woman and three little kids, but they were kindly offered to move to the private room due to their loudness.

They don’t mind anyway. Besides, their kids, the three little kids can be happily running around, circling their parents while playing tag and run.

It doesn’t take long before the last pair joined the dinner.

“Oh, hey, Soo! Yoon!!” Tiffany’s loud voice is first to greet, followed by other.

“Are you two coming together?” it was Yuri.

“Hmm..” Sooyoung only hummed before she took a seat in the edge of the table, while Yoona sits by the last seat on the row, beside her sister, and Sooyoung’s side.

“..so, is it a good news?”

Sooyoung’s brows furrowed “what news?”

“Hmm? I thought Yoona stayed at your place last night?”

“You did!?” the other woman asked in the mix of amusement and happy.

“Really?!” the others purely curious.

“..you mean, you slept at Sooyoung’s place last night?!!” and others are naughtily giving a devilish smile.

Sooyoung groaned “you better order the food before I eat you all. I am seriously so hungry.”

“We already did.” Jessica joined “so, back to you and Yoona. Something happened?”

They’re blushing, the two women are.

“There were not.” Sooyoung growled “and even if there were, not that you all need to know, anyway.”

“Ahh!!” Hyoyeon gave a teasing smile “like something before sleeping? Or after waking up?”

“Ya-yah!!!”

And soon, the room filled with loud laughs, high pitched squeal either from the kids or from the overly enthusiastic parents, or from someone who is trying to save themselves from a bunch of ten-years-old kind of teasing.

 

“So, now that you’re here with us.. we’re planning to have a vacation together.” Taeyeon spoke “we hope you can make some time. it’s been a while since our last outing.”

“..when? and where?” Sooyoung asked while her eyes meet Taeyeon’s.

“Are you free next week?”

“..hmm.. maybe? I don’t really know yet. I need to ask Eunji about it first.” She said, where Yoona just find it earlier this day that Eunji is Sooyoung’s personal assistant who is going to get married with her fiancé soon.

“It will be for two weeks.”

“Where?” Sooyoung asked again.

Taeyeon turned to her wife, before meet other’s stare, who are definitely trying to avoid hers.

“..we.. haven’t decided on that yet.” Taeyeon spoke “later, after we make sure that you have two weeks then we will decided the destination.”

“..hmm.. I--..”

“Come on..” Yuri coaxed “it’s been almost a year since our last vacation together. We need this.” She playfully fake a desperate look “my work is killing me.”

Sooyoung giggled “..fine..” she finally said “..I think it will be okay.. I will just ask Eunji if she can take care of the gallery for two weeks.

“Great!!”

But if there is something that happened not to be seen by the oblivious Sooyoung, it was the meaningful smiles they’re sharing.

Well, one more thing to go.

-----

 

Okay..

Never once Sooyoung thought that her friends can fool her like this. For God’s sake. They are her bestfriends, and the last thing Sooyoung knows is that this bunch of immature friends of hers are hiding the truth about their destination vacation.

Ever since last week when Sooyoung kept asking about their plan, each of them answered with a shrug or throwing it to another person.

And it’s not that they haven’t decided. They know it right from the start. Seriously.

Sooyoung is definitely pissed enough that nobody dares to talk to her.

Not that she is whining or sulking, Sooyoung is simply keeping herself silent, while her bestfriend are avoiding any eye contacts, any chance for conversation, and just any thing included making Sooyoung to talk.

Actually, it only needs one person to check in at the hotel, and Taeyeon who already called a week before will be enough, but there are exactly 8 woman by the counter, with Taeyeon doing the talking, and others keep glancing to the quiet pair.

Sooyoung is standing and waiting in the lobby, just feet away, and Yoona is standing right beside with their suitcases surrounding.

Yoona nervously keeps glancing on Sooyoung who is definitely hasn’t said a word, not purely because she is angry, but mostly because she felt betrayed by her betfriend to keep her from the truth.

It was true that she might decline the offer to join the vacation if she knows the destination, but it doesn’t mean that they can lie to her either.

After checking in, they walked closer to the pair “..this is you key..” Taeyeon handed a key with a number on the keychain.

Sooyoung took it quietly “thanks.” Was all she said before she walked to the lift, dragging her suitcase along.

“What are you doing?” Tiffany eyed the stiffen woman who hasn’t said anything also “you’re sleeping with her.”

Yoona nodded swiftly, followed Sooyoung after.

The rest are glancing on each other “..will they be okay?”

“Yeah, tell me about it.” Yuri sighed.

“Anyway, we’re just doing a friend a favor.” Hyoyeon said.

“Yeah. We’re just helping her.” Jessica said “let her figure out the rest. While we finished what we’ve started.”

“Yeah, let’s stop thinking about them, and start our job. We don’t have much time left.”

“Let Yoona handles hers, and let’s handle ours.”

“Actually, this is pretty exciting.”

“Yeah, right..” they laughed.

-----

 

Sooyoung opened the door of her room, walking inside before Yoona walked in and closed the door.

Sooyoung placed her suitcase just in the small living room, before she walked to the balcony, opened the sliding door, and stepped outside.

Sooyoung closed her eyes, filling her lungs with the familiar scent. Sea.

Not that she hate this place. But this place just reminded her too much of something she doesn’t want to remember.

Yoona is quietly walking after Sooyoung, reaching the balcony before she stand just by Sooyoung’s side.

Sooyoung has her arms folded on the railing “..don’t tell me this is your idea.”

Yoona bit her lower lip, nervous and scared “..are you.. that mad?”

Sooyoung’s eyes fall on the beach which seems not that crowd “..do you hate me that much that you’re trying to remind me about what hap--..”

“I was reminding myself of how stupid I was and what I had lost.”

Sooyoung turned, facing Yoona.

“..you..” Yoona added softly.

Sooyoung heaved a sigh, turned to lean her back on the railing instead, her elbows both are there as well, resting her tired body.

With no answer from Sooyoung, Yoona walked closer until she stops right in front of the taller woman, sliding her arms around Sooyoung’s waist, resting her head on Sooyoung’s chest, listening the pounding heart accompanied by the wave.

It was calm and comfortable. A place where Yoona wishes to stay forever.

And it was getting louder, and faster, but before Yoona could conclude where it comes, the wave or the heart, Sooyoung pulled from the hug.

“I will take a bath now.” and leaving without waiting for Yoona to reply.

Yoona is definitely disappointed, but as her eyes catch Sooyoung’s side façade when the latter is leaving, a smile made its way on her face.

Sooyoung is blushing..

And it was then when she concludes.. it must be Sooyoung’s heart that pounding louder, and faster.. just the same as hers.. loud and fast..

And it was from her, her hug..

-----

 

The dinner seems awfully quiet, continuing from their earlier act, still afraid if Sooyoung somehow lost it.

“..come on..” but it was too much to take that Hyoyeon said “how long are you going to be mad at us?”

“Yeah.. we said, we’re sorry..” Yuri offered to the quiet brunette.

“We’ve sent uncountable massages and voice massages..” Sunny added “aren’t they cute enough to worth to be forgiven?”

“Euh..” Tiffany’s brows furrowed in disgust “if I were Sooyoung, I will be even madder at you.”

“Yah!! You’re supposed to help!”

Tiffany chuckled followed by others “oh, right, sorry.” Before she cleared awkwardly “we’re sorry, Sooyoung.” She said “not that we didn’t want to tell you that we’re going to Cayman Island.” She added “but if we did, you wouldn’t go however we begged you to.”

“And lying sounds good?” Sooyoung’s tone sounds cold and calm.

“Yeah, considering how stubborn you are and—“

“Yul!!” Tiffany nudged her wife on the ribs, earning soft grunt. And Sooyoung swore, she could hear suppressed giggles from some of her friends.

“We have no other option, haven’t we?” Jessica asked.

“..yeah.. it’s been a day..” Hyomin spoke “we miss talking to you.”

“Yeah. That’s right.”

“It was not fun when I can’t fool around with you.”

“Yeah.. come on, I will treat you?”

“Yes, Soo.. we--..”

“This.” Sooyoung’s word got the room quiet once again “better be the last.”

And their faces are filled with grins.

“You’re the best!!”

Sooyoung giggled. She has been holding herself from laughing since now. Her friends are just too funny. And she needs to admit, it was pretty hard not to talk to them.

 

It was the same island, the same hotel, the same place.

The place where they are having their dinner, it was an outdoor café where they can be entertained themselves with the endless waves from the ocean, and it was a place where they could see the place.

They place where Sooyoung and Yoona were supposed to tie the knot.

It seems like there will be a party held tonight or tomorrow there.

The place is beautifully decorated by flowers and petals. There is a red carpet in the middle, with rows and columns of chairs on either sides. It is beautiful.

Sooyoung’s eyes fall on the scene, heaving a sigh, her mind wondered.

It would be good if they, she and…

Her thought popped just when a sudden woman stood up from her seat.

Sooyoung’s eyes followed, before she realized that it was Yoona and the woman is already standing in front of her, reaching out her hand.

“..no..” Sooyoung mumbled “..Yoona..”

“Please.” Yoona cut, pleading softly “just stand up and listen.. please..”

Yoona does know how to touch Sooyoung’s weakness that the taller woman giving up just right immediately.

“I was wrong for using your feeling to me..” Yoona started “I was being stupid for ever stepping out for what I know will be the best thing happened in my life.”

“I was at fault for thinking that you will wait for me and forgive me unconditionally..”

“..it might be true..” Sooyoung mumbled while her eyes avoiding Yoona’s.

Yoona are reaching out her hands, holding Sooyoung’s face to make their eyes meet “but it doesn’t mean that I could use that as an excuse to hurt you.”

Sooyoung smiled weakly.

“I did a mistake.. and I can’t promise you that I might never did any ever again..” Yoona spoke “but I promised “Choi Sooyoung, I will love you till my hair grow white, till my body become weak, and till my heart stop beating..”

“And Sooyoung.. here what I can promise you..” Yoona said, eyes staring right into Sooyoung’s.

 

“..I will love you and you alone till our hairs turn gray, till little angels will call us grams..”

“..I will hold your hand when I am not strong enough to carry you on my back, telling you how much I love you every morning, protecting your from your nightmares..”

“I will spoiling you so bad no matter how many times our friends and families scolded us.”

“I will give you anything, I will do anything, just anything that could make you smile.”

“I will take care of you when you’re sick, breakfast on bed, and feeding you until you finish eating.”

“I will kiss you when you start sulking or whining, until you’re calm enough to talk about what upsetting you.”

“I will let you hit me when you’re mad or jealous, but we will cuddling the night to sleep.”

“We will make love every days and nights even after unstoppable protested for how loud and noisy we could get.”

“I will give you my best, and I will try not to make you cry. But even if I do, I will scolded myself, and making up to you thousands time better. I promise.”

“I will love you though your best and your worst.”

“I work hard to buy your dream house, with a pool where our kids can play together, with a veranda where we could watch sunset together while cuddling, with many rooms so that our friends could have a sleepover.. and near the beach.. a place where you love the most..” Sooyoung smiled softly “after my arms of course..” she mumbled.

“I promise you my everything.. I do..”

“I promise.. I promise..”

“I will.. and I will love you till death separate us.. till heaven calls us apart..”

 

Tears escaped Sooyoung’s eyes, but a smile reached out her lips “..it was mine..”

Yoona smiled back “and now it is mine..”

“You memorized it?”

“I can’t sleep before reading them..”

Sooyoung escaped another chuckles.

Bended slightly to take a red box from her handbag “..so, Choi Sooyoung..” Yoona said, determinately “…will you marry me?”

Sooyoung is staring back at Yoona, definitely doesn’t make the younger woman less nervous.

Sooyoung’s lips curved a thin line when she spoke “..I kneeled..”

It was obviously took Yoona speechless that she gave a sweet naughty smile. Yoona was about to bend her knees, going after Sooyoung’s wish before the taller woman catches her in a tight hug, crushing their lips hard and demanding.

With Yoona quickly wrapped her arms around Sooyoung’s neck, responding in a passionate kiss.

“..do you think I will let you kneeled?”

“You know I will..” Yoona replied, earning soft giggles from the brunette.

“I do, Yoona.. yes, I do..”

Yoona’s grinned widened, and she took it into another kiss, deeper and harder than the first.

“Congratss!!” a loud cheer filled the outdoor garden just immediately.

Sooyoung pulled from the kiss, turned around with Yoona’s arms still hooked around her neck, refusing to let go.

There were not just her betfriends, but there are the kids, Yoona’s parents, and her parents. There are even Eunji and her fiancée.

“..you prepared this?”

“With their help.” Yoona smiled, pointing to their bunch of proud grinning bestfriends.

“That’s sweet.” Sooyoung smiled, pressing her lips again, and again on Yoona’s, followed by soft nibbling.

“..yeah.. they have a wedding party to attend..”

“Hmm?” Sooyoung pulled right away, face filled with confuse “here? who?”

But Yoona only raised her brows, giving a meaningful smile.

“Us?” Sooyoung guessed “are you in a hurry?”

“I am scared if you changed your mind.” Yoona said honestly, glancing over Sooyoung’s family “and so does your family..” she said “it took me months to assure them that I really love you..”

“I won’t.”

“And I know you won’t ever talk about marriage after tonight.” Yoona continued “at least not in the mean time.”

Sooyoung chuckled “Yoona..”

“Hey, see..” Yoona whined “are you going to change your answer now?”

Sooyoung laughed harder “I love you, Yoona..”

“Sooyoung, I love you.. so, so much.. living months without you seem like hell, and that is something I wouldn’t want to experience ever again..” Yoona said “let’s love each other till people believe that true love does exist, let’s live together happily ever after, now and forever.. and Sooyoung.. let’s never stop being so cheesy till people scolded us over and over again..”

Sooyoung giggled, glancing their bestfriend “they seem like they’re about to..”

“And let’s don’t care about them.. but knowing that we will always be in love with each other..” Yoona added “..Sooyoung, marry me now..”

A sweet naughty smile reached Sooyoung’s lips enough to bring one into Yoona’s when Sooyoung said “..yes baby.. yes, I do..”